Forums
May 02, 2024, 07:23 AM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Game #197543, reported by GRiZ  (Read 4667 times)

Offline Senator

Re: Game #197543, reported by GRiZ
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2015, 12:53 PM »
Ok, the finish rule could as well be "touch the platform where the finish locates". The point is to have a clear rule that covers even bad map design. This rule change would only mean that players would stop their turn earlier, and some maps would have a huge finish zone (like the map I attached here). Some Big RR maps would have a ridiculously big finish zone.

The current rule is clear to most players, even GRiZ was aware of it.

[slk-GRiZ] 38
[TdC`Senator] didnt touch finish line ;P
[slk-GRiZ] half the people who RR never touch the finish line ?
[TdC`Senator] u finish when u touch finish letters or the back wall
[TdC`Senator] usually
[slk-GRiZ] yes, i know that
[slk-GRiZ] most people dont do that

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2015, 01:19 PM »
Ok, the finish rule could as well be "touch the platform where the finish locates". The point is to have a clear rule that covers even bad map design. This rule change would only mean that players would stop their turn earlier, and some maps would have a huge finish zone (like the map I attached here). Some Big RR maps would have a ridiculously big finish zone.

The current rule is clear to most players, even GRiZ was aware of it.

[slk-GRiZ] 38
[TdC`Senator] didnt touch finish line ;P
[slk-GRiZ] half the people who RR never touch the finish line ?
[TdC`Senator] u finish when u touch finish letters or the back wall
[TdC`Senator] usually
[slk-GRiZ] yes, i know that
[slk-GRiZ] most people dont do that
I honestly don't know what the rule is, I've never actually looked at the tus rules. 
Is it touching the lettering or the back wall?  Or either?  I know I could look it up, but I'd rather be spoon fed by someone who knows.

I've gone by the premise, "The person roped through the whole map without falling and flung themselves at the finish so it counts."  I'm pretty generous when it comes to rule interpretation, I think in 250 or so tus games I've only opened one complaint, and only when it was blatant.  I let most stuff slide unless its gamebreaking.

Offline style

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2015, 06:12 PM »
Komo you better keep playing darts. ;D

When people throw their worm at roof to stop the clock they still touch the finish letters or the back wall just like when u rope all the way to the finish. Your argument is invalid ;D

You clearly haven't thought this through lol.

If you stop the clock by hitting roof, then touching finish, your turn finishes 1-2 seconds before you actually touch the finish, for example, the clock may say 41 but the universe knows it was really 42-43.

FINISHING ZONE? FINISH AREA? Honestly wtf happened..
Touch either letters - of the word FINISH - or (back)-wall - which is obviously marked as the end - of the map. They are each identified in a lot of possible variations.
For example FINISH can appear as "F", "FINISH", "FIN", etc.. Alenic RRs even have greek symbols to tag start/end of the map. (Back)-Wall could be if the word FINISH is written within a box like on the qp map that was posted from TheWalrus before. There are lots of different variantions aswell but I believe I already wrote too much on that trashtalk.

Everyone can clearly make out what's start/finish, even if it's marked in a non-classic way. It's f@#!ing common sense If you don't know how to seperate it or if you act like you wouldn't know then get the f@#! off and get yourself a halter.

I should stop browsing threads, it's sad to face dumb discussions without weight nor quality.. To be right or to come in for something. Disgusting.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2015, 08:27 PM »
The point is, worms should start ON the start, not away from it.

Nice to see style spat the dummy lol.

Offline style

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2015, 09:14 PM »

Don't lead me into temptation, homes.
I'm bored of discussions since they don't lead into the actual result of a "real" discussion. It turned into a challenge more or less. There's no win or lose, at it's regular meaning, in a real discussion. The one that reaches more "limited" and naive people with his beguiler speech wins at the end cuz no one of them are even questioning things and it's increasing due to dumb media and social networks.. Most people think they'd be the shit and know everything and will have no open ears. Thus, there's no learning effect at all. Dumbs be like "Facebookknowdledge lvl 9000000000000000000.."

I'm prefering to keep other philosophies etc. so don't come up with boring and unfunny analyzes of any word I said in this or other posts like usual. Thanks. No offense, tho!

Offline biscuits

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2015, 09:27 PM »
We'll see if your replays from previous clanners are clean along with sm0ks. Since I installed mIRC and I idle in #worms now I can get a hold of CS and DC :)

Good luck to you :)

P.S. - Got done playing some TTRR's with ryan, who is a respectable good guy and ropes clean along with myself. He even told me that sm0k was banned from tus before. Hmm?

Anyhow, as mentioned, we'll see if your replays are legit. GL HF.

good game W:A Steam reviews

courtesy of "gloom" for allowing me to use this signature, it's the best ;)

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2015, 10:02 PM »

Don't lead me into temptation, homes.
I'm bored of discussions since they don't lead into the actual result of a "real" discussion. It turned into a challenge more or less. There's no win or lose, at it's regular meaning, in a real discussion. The one that reaches more "limited" and naive people with his beguiler speech wins at the end cuz no one of them are even questioning things and it's increasing due to dumb media and social networks.. Most people think they'd be the shit and know everything and will have no open ears. Thus, there's no learning effect at all. Dumbs be like "Facebookknowdledge lvl 9000000000000000000.."

I'm prefering to keep other philosophies etc. so don't come up with boring and unfunny analyzes of any word I said in this or other posts like usual. Thanks. No offense, tho!

You're my hero.

Offline spleen17

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2015, 10:38 PM »

Offline biscuits

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2015, 10:39 PM »
True Detective, great show. Season 2 sucked though.

good game W:A Steam reviews

courtesy of "gloom" for allowing me to use this signature, it's the best ;)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2015, 11:42 PM »
style, I agree with most of what you said there, but at the same time you are a hypocrit, last time I tried to have a conversation with you it ended up with you and avirex being complete c**ts, hence why I regard you as nothing short of a pleb.

Offline style

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2015, 02:55 AM »
style, I agree with most of what you said there, but at the same time you are a hypocrit, last time I tried to have a conversation with you it ended up with you and avirex being complete c**ts, hence why I regard you as nothing short of a pleb.

Me, a hypocrite? Okay, then you must be as authentic as china goods that are sold in contrabands. You are less valuable tho.
You just admitted that it hurt you in reality. I mean it STILL does, otherwise you wouldn't carry a grudge against us or at least me. Forgiveness is one of those barely existing characteristics out there. It's actually very necessary to posses or you will die even poorer. Only reason why I'm saying this is cuz you were ignoring me several times when I apologized for this and you can't expect that I, or anyone else in your life (either online or in real), will run after you. I was only asking to apologize because I used to treat everyone I meet - absolutely apart from sex, origin or look - with peace and respect. Respect is the only currency that will increase if you give it out.. Most of this community probably knows that you tend to be untrustworthy, I generally don't really care about what they think or know wether about you or me, but next time you start spreading accusations you should at least be men enough to prove somebody's guilty. Yes, even if you've had partial blame. Don't turn things, tell the truth and treat everyone the way you want get treathen (no matter how old or stale this saying is). I still got the replay and logs that show that it's defenitely not me or avi who are the hyprocrites and done you injustice. Nevermind, dude. Just stand your ground on everything you do/say/write/...

Congratz tho, you managed to make me reply on this again. Well, this was maybe worth saying..

Regards

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2015, 04:51 AM »
Wow, it's scary how wrong you are...

Who said I was hurt? I ignored you because you weren't worth my time, I seen you as another troll just like avirex, hold a grudge? If I was so completely hurt or annoyed etc why would I team up with you in a 2v2 BnG Tournament? I thought i'd give you a chance since you had been quite mature and calm for some months, so I guess after this I am back to ignoring your existence.

Now I can't even tell who is more deluded, you or GRiZ...

So you've came in here and went on a huge rant about people and stupid posts etc, then you immediately go on to do the exact same thing, making it worse by the fact many of the things you said are wrong.

You've accused me of being hurt, you must have some sort of magical psychic powers the rest of the human race do not have the privilege to possess, or you are being silly, I guess i'll trust in occam's razor for this one...

You've made another assumption about how people trust me? Those magical powers again... Dunno what other people have to do with this in the 1st place lol.

You've made yet another assumption I want people to run after me? Damn I am starting to get jealous of your super human powers now :(

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2015, 10:44 AM »
The game hasn't been changed yet though, so stop watching these dramas while eating pop corns and do something mods :P

Offline style

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2015, 11:27 AM »
No need to explain yourself, Komo. Neither was it meant to be an offense, so get over it. :-)
It wasn't my intension to start or end up in a battle again. Altought I don't know why you try to attack me with that non-sense compare to Griz since I was stating my Point of view with respect. Nevermind..

+1 what Sbaffo said.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2015, 11:51 AM »
Attack you???

YOU are the one who attacked me while I was debating with Senator why I feel the point GRiZ made about TTRR is relevant.

YOU attacked me by saying "stick to Darts" like I have no rights to express my own opinion, then calling our debate a dumb discussion.

Then you get all pissy because I defend myself lol...

Respect, are you kidding me lol? You wouldn't know what respect was either way if it got up and slapped you in the face...