Forums
May 02, 2024, 06:44 AM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Game #197543, reported by GRiZ  (Read 4665 times)

Offline TheWalrus

Re: Game #197543, reported by GRiZ
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 07:52 AM »
As much of a complete and utter delusional pleb that he is, I can't help but agree with him on this point:

how come when you "START" in a TTRR your miles away from the start and not touching it, but when you finish you have to hit the Finish or backwall? If you land in the Finish zone it doesn't count? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of... umm... starting far away from Start? Makes no sense, whatever.

I still don't believe this guy is theChipmunk... If it is the mother f**ker must have been adbucted by aliens and had his emotions f**ked up or something cuz he acts nothing like the guy I used to know...
I dunno, old chippy was pretty arrogant, and new chippy is arrogant.

I like arrogant, he has the big balls.  Never let rationality get in the way of a good argument, though.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 07:57 AM »
Really? I never witnessed anything like this in the past...

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 07:59 AM »
Really? I never witnessed anything like this in the past...
TheChipmunk was a prolific shit talker back in the day.  I remember him and silentmime trash talking the day away in #AG.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 08:02 AM »
That's so weird I never saw that or noticed it, I played many games with him and it was always chill...

Maybe it is him then and he's just a dork...

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 08:06 AM »
Don't you get it??? HE STARTED TOO MUCH METH!! xD

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 08:10 AM »
That's so weird I never saw that or noticed it, I played many games with him and it was always chill...

Well, we did smoke weed almost 100% of the time we played.  At least that is my recollection.  Almost everything seemed chill.

Offline biscuits

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2015, 08:15 AM »

Yo homie, you have no room to call anyone a dork when you chill on the TUS forums more than you do playing the actual game.... and you make Dragonball-Z looking ass type "Dart" maps...

so yea, you're the dork dude. word up.

good game W:A Steam reviews

courtesy of "gloom" for allowing me to use this signature, it's the best ;)

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2015, 08:22 AM »

Yo homie, you have no room to call anyone a dork when you chill on the TUS forums more than you do playing the actual game.... and you make Dragonball-Z looking ass type "Dart" maps...

so yea, you're the dork dude. word up.
If vahagn and tjerp could see you two now :'(

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2015, 08:25 AM »
Last I checked my name isn't Shadowman  8)

Offline Senator

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2015, 09:34 AM »
As much of a complete and utter delusional pleb that he is, I can't help but agree with him on this point:

how come when you "START" in a TTRR your miles away from the start and not touching it, but when you finish you have to hit the Finish or backwall? If you land in the Finish zone it doesn't count? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of... umm... starting far away from Start? Makes no sense, whatever.

Some maps don't have a clear finish zone but a long home stretch. How long a finish zone can be before it becomes a home stretch that u have to rope? "Touch the finish letters or the back wall" is a clear rule for all maps. If there's a clear starting zone, people usually tele on the edge of it and it's ok since both teams start from the same position. The same doesn't work with finishing since one player may rope all the way to the finish letters while the other player falls on the home stretch and claims it was a finish zone.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2015, 10:05 AM »
You actually think I didn't already know everything you just said there lol?  ;D

If you were truly allowed to finish in the same manner as starting, then touching any part of the "finish zone" would be considered a finish, which is completely fair as players nowadays either throw worm at roof ending turn before they reach finish, or they reach finish, there is no difference in this manner as it's the players final move that decides their finish, it would still be 50/50 if the entire "finish area" was a valid finish.

It's still a valid arguement, if worms must touch finish to finish, why shouldn't they touch start to start?

Offline Senator

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2015, 10:25 AM »
So landing anywhere on the home stretch in this map is a legit finish in your books?

When people throw their worm at roof to stop the clock they still touch the finish letters or the back wall just like when u rope all the way to the finish. Your argument is invalid ;D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 10:52 AM by Senator »

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2015, 10:44 AM »
This topic, lel.

GriZ how can you be so mad everytime you lose a game? Weren't you that guy who loves taking dabs? If you are angry after a game, go out with your homies and have some joints with them... you'll forget what you were mad about. Trash talking won't help you at all.

Also for everyone who doesn't like the ttrr's finish rule: f@#! off. Don'try to change a balanced scheme. If you don't like it, go play darts or mole.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2015, 10:51 AM »
So landing anywhere on the home stretch in this map is a legit finish in your books?

When people throw their worm at roof to stop the clock they still touch the finish letters or the back wall just like when u rope all the way to the finish. Your argument is invalid ;D
Back in the infancy of rope races, merely landing on the platform where the finish was allowable, without hitting the text.  I remember roperaces won and lost on a final climb where one would fling their worm onto the top and victory was awarded. 

Not that I was in any way a visionary or excellent mapmaker, in fact my roperace maps seem more terrible to me as the years have gone on, but all of my roperace maps had built in 1/4 scale size platforms to make sure there was no room for interpretation.

IE

An object such as a "F" to me, has always been an indicator of the finishing location, not the actual finish itself.

The map you referenced above, Senator, is a good example of a poorly indicated finish, and pretty lazy to boot.  A 4-6 pixel high vertical line to signify the finish area would easily have made deciding the finish a moot point.

qp rr's are a great example of this:

The short line clearly shows where the start and finish begin and the walls signify the end. 
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 10:56 AM by TheWalrus »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2015, 11:03 AM »

You clearly haven't thought this through lol.

If you stop the clock by hitting roof, then touching finish, your turn finishes 1-2 seconds before you actually touch the finish, for example, the clock may say 41 but the universe knows it was really 42-43.

^^ This would be the same thing as ending when touching any part of the finishing area, players who hit roof to end turn quicker won't always do it on same spot, players who touch any area of a finishing zone wouldn't always touch the same part.

It is indeed your arguement, which is invalid ;)