Forums
May 10, 2024, 08:13 AM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] bng ckc 34261  (Read 2120 times)

Offline franz

Re: bng ckc 34261
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2010, 02:05 AM »
avi, just bring back worms2 bng like you're doing worms2 rope
no rules, cups map, multiple worms and random placement  ::)

Offline lalo

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2010, 03:30 AM »
r ladder ne1?!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2010, 06:06 AM »
Hey franz, that actually looks pretty cool, thanks, Im gonna try that :D

And Shy,

"Ok for starters, it was lame, and you know it, you ARE lesser skilled players at BnG"
"There's nothing wrong with being bad at 1 scheme..."

I got confused by these... it's all good though :p

^^

The rest of that sentence reads:

Ok for starters, it was lame, and you know it, you ARE lesser skilled players at BnG even though I didn't direct that at either you or ShyGuy but you seem to enjoy assuming this so whatever.

I only said it because Avi assumed it lol.

But anyway, everything's cool, so let's all continue winning clannners :D

Offline Ramone

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2010, 11:50 AM »
avi, just bring back worms2 bng like you're doing worms2 rope
no rules, cups map, multiple worms and random placement  ::)

Heh, avi don't give a fcuk about bng, why would he wanna do that?

I don't play league but I guess that community would be happier with NrBnG as a league scheme, not the w2 but the plain NrBnG.. so all ya complaints and endless discussions about bng finally stops... dunno, U league players decide that, this is just objective suggestion..

Btw, I've played w2 bng the other day with shag and it was fun to me. I guess it was fun cause it was smth different from what I'm used to, but I wouldn't change it with "regular" bng ever.. I think that I could not get used to straight zooks.. Some schemes should stay skill wise..
I mean, for example w2 roper is pure skill based scheme, your roping MUST be better than the opponents if U wanna win it, and imo it should be the same way (MUST) for bng too..
In w2 bng someone who is playing worms for 3rd time in his life could just shoot straight zooks all the time (digging and destroying map) and even win against average player that way.. and all bng skills (of that average player) just goes to waste... There's schemes where it's reasonable and ok to do it (forts, hysteria..) but BnG should be about smth else, imo.

So, I think that w2 bng should/could exist as another scheme, but shouldn't/couldn't replace the existing BnG scheme..

Btw, as I know there are few rules in w2 bng too:
- 1 worm per cup (which means no random placement at start)
- No telecows/telecides
and U play it with 5 worms, 100 hp each..
For sure it's fun, give it a try!

Offline avirex

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2010, 03:06 PM »
well in worms 2 it was random placement at start... and even tho they said it was random placment.. it really wasnt..  being they played on the SAME EXACT map (sometimes 1 other) the possibilities of placement dried out...   im trying to think how to best explain it....

even tho each worm would be randomly placed on a diff cup... the computers random placment would always place the worm on the bottom left of the zigzag cup, the top right up the big swoop cup, the middle of the tiny swoosh cup, etc... so after a while people would learn exactly where to shoot from/and too, and where to hide to make one shot kills, and stay the safest... lol, i really did not understand the scheme in w2, it was so freakin boring

but, i may be wrong dont quote me on all i just said, cuz im not 100% sure.. w2 started out with everyone together, but then it split into 3 communities, u had your ropers in "cases r" room... u had you bng'rs in "cases bng" (i think they called it) room.. and your newbs in "COME PLAY!!! I KILLL!!! PROS ONLY!!!" room hahehahhaehah (u were able to maake ur own chat room names)

i remember when the servers went down, all the rooms would disapear.. so you would wait to get back, and it was almost a race to see who would make the room first so u could make it suttin liek "CKC's CASES R"   just to advartise ur clan a bit hahahha.. fun times

so as i was saying, the ropers and the bngers were split up dramaticly... i mean, there was bngers that played w2 just as long as i have, and i prolly never met them :)

anyways, that scheme maybe is a fun change, but i dont think its any kinda of solution to w:a bng problems, or even scheme worthy.... ur right ramon, bng should be about skill ( i think all games should be about skill)   and thank u for noticing w2rope is 100% about skill!! +1 appluad

Offline avirex

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2010, 03:07 PM »
and btw franz... where did u find that pic? that is the EXACT map they used to play on... there was 1 more map if i remember, but that was the most popular.. lmfao some guy made a couple swoosh's zigs, and zags and they never played another map since ;P

Offline franz

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2010, 03:48 PM »
and btw franz... where did u find that pic? that is the EXACT map they used to play on... there was 1 more map if i remember, but that was the most popular.. lmfao some guy made a couple swoosh's zigs, and zags and they never played another map since ;P

http://www.wmdb.org/6377