Forums
May 05, 2024, 10:14 AM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] General COWing?  (Read 959 times)

Offline deejay

[SOLVED] General COWing?
« on: May 09, 2013, 03:18 AM »
Hey, I want to know what happens in WxW if someone cows on a pile of 2+ worms, instead of this being 50~ dmg.. its more like 150~, Peja did this in a game then said that only needs to skip?

Not sure if thats the active solution to this; if other team makes a mistake and has 2 worms piled in one spot and then I could take my next turn not even bother going for walls and just cow them and all I gotta do is skip?? sounds like a pretty sweet deal for the COW.

Offline TheWalrus

Re: General COWing?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 06:11 AM »
Yes but game can be voided because of a cow by mod discretion.  So not a sweet deal because d1 probably wont let you keep the win if you try this and win the game.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 10:17 AM »
The skip is a general rule. In all cases you can open up a complaint asking for mod opinion.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline DENnis

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 02:46 PM »
The Cow-Rules at tus are mainly really very bad and unfair. If you cow, the best thing would be to punish urself with a simular -hp as u did to ur opponent (like in bng).

The rule is not even to skip at all. You are still allowed to get the crate, you are just not allowed to attack then. To skip 1 attack doesn't help enough in my opinion, especially if u did hurt 2 worms with about -150 hp!

I would complain about a whole game if the opponent wins because of cowing. Actually it doesn't matter if he kills ur worm or if he just hurts ur worms so much with cow, that he gets a very big advantage because of cow, where only 1 skipped attack as punishment doesn't really fit good to it.

Offline deejay

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 04:53 PM »
Thanks guys :) Just wanted to figure that out before playing more WxW.