Forums
May 18, 2024, 02:19 AM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] tus-wa.com/leagues/game-135623/  (Read 2389 times)

[SOLVED] tus-wa.com/leagues/game-135623/
« on: January 16, 2013, 11:25 PM »
https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-135623/

mother of god, riviva complained about ttrr, now he reported this, I personally never saw such loony as this guy.
watch replay from 14:14

Offline Prankster

Re: tus-wa.com/leagues/game-135623/
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 11:43 PM »
- Darksiding is not allowed. A darkside is considered a place where you can't hit OR be hit with a nade. Simply teleport/move to another position.

He could be hit with a nade in that hide, therefore he wasn't darksiding.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 11:49 PM »
- Darksiding is not allowed. A darkside is considered a place where you can't hit OR be hit with a nade. Simply teleport/move to another position.

OR OR OR OR OR OR OR OR OR OR xDdD

Offline Prankster

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 11:54 PM »
Yes. It's written with caps on purpose. It means one condition of the two is enough to be true.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 11:57 PM by Prankster »

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 12:19 AM »
one condition enough to be true?
 darkside is considered a place where you can't hit OR be hit with a nade.

there is 1 condition, place where he cant hit nade, so by your logic darksiding is true ;D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 12:29 AM »
Impossible, you either need more experience with BnG, OR learn how to speak proper English.

Offline Prankster

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 12:34 AM »

there is 1 condition, place where he cant hit nade, so by your logic darksiding is true ;D

The two conditions are "can't be hit with a nade" and "can't hit with a nade". If the two conditions are connected with "OR", then only one is enough to be true. You would be right if they'd be connected with "NOR".

Offline Rok

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 12:44 AM »

The two conditions are "can't be hit with a nade" and "can't hit with a nade". If the two conditions are connected with "OR", then only one is enough to be true. You would be right if they'd be connected with "NOR".

No, there's one condition: can't be hit OR can't hit.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 12:51 AM »

No, there are 2 conditions. 1 or the other.

Offline Prankster

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 12:53 AM »

I got complaints rjected because of that little word before..

Offline Rok

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 12:53 AM »
@komo Yeah, two sub-conditions, if you will. Both together make up for one condition. If one OR the other is true, it's a darkside.

@Prankster Could be, but does it have anything to do with the case we're arguing here?

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile

Offline Prankster

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 01:14 AM »
I'm taking back what I said here about the rule, I was wrong, sorry.
There really are two conditions, of which one is enough, but I just realised that it's the case of darksiding what it's making true.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 01:17 AM by Prankster »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 01:14 AM »
@komo Yeah, two sub-conditions, if you will. Both together make up for one condition. If one OR the other is true, it's a darkside.

That's some serious bullshit man, many many MANY complaints have been made because of the opposite of what you are saying, if this is this case I suggest the MODs of TuS rummage through every BnG complaint regarding this and give the win to the players who complained about this happening. (not really)

Do you know how many BnG's someone has hid where they can't shoot a grenade out but you can hit them? It happens at least 50% of games where someone is pushed and they refuse to move and you are forced to throw rolling grenades or LG zook or trapshot.

And everytime you have allowed this, and now you contradict the rules TuS have stood by for so long.

Prank, you weren't wrong.

Offline Rok

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 01:15 AM »
I'm taking back what I said here about the rule, I was wrong, sorry.

You are forgiven! Now help us convince komo that he's wrong  :D

@komo, for the record, I was just discussing the logical meaning of the rules quote. How is it obeyed in practice is another story, you may or may not have a point there, because quite frankly, it's been ages since I've been involved in a bng complaint.

Usually, with suspicious hides, there's at least some chance for a bounce shot of some kind that can hit, but in this case it's pretty clear that a succesful grenade hit is impossible. Personaly, I'm calling Riviva's hide a darkside. Let's see what franz (and others) say.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 01:23 AM by Rok »