Forums
May 06, 2024, 03:20 PM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] your pic my pic rule is exploitable  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Peja

[SOLVED] your pic my pic rule is exploitable
« on: April 08, 2013, 07:28 PM »
i have a serious request to change this announcement: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/announcements/your-pick-my-pick-11825/

well the obvious reason is people are able to avoid maps they feel they are 2 hard for them. i guess just mention the name chelsea should be enough. in todays clanner they didnt agree to play on a simple selfmade map.

well in praxis agreemnnt on a map with cat is like this:

[2013-04-08 19.08.12] [CAT`Chelsea] pls normal shoppa map not cave shit -___-
[2013-04-08 19.08.19] [PeJ`AeF] no
[2013-04-08 19.08.25] [AeF`HHC`] its our pick
[2013-04-08 19.08.27] [AeF`HHC`] its a nice map
[2013-04-08 19.08.28] [CAT`Chelsea] both clans need agree on map
[2013-04-08 19.08.28] [PeJ`AeF] a simple no chelsea
[2013-04-08 19.08.37] [AeF`HHC`] need a plop hole?
[2013-04-08 19.08.53] [CAT`Chelsea] nah, just other map
[2013-04-08 19.09.00] [PeJ`AeF] u cant refuse these kind of maps by defult
[2013-04-08 19.09.01] [AeF`HHC`] godf@#!ingdamnit
[2013-04-08 19.09.06] [AeF`HHC`] i spend 10 mins on that shit
[2013-04-08 19.09.17] [PeJ`AeF] play it or i report freewin
[2013-04-08 19.09.19] [AeF`HHC`] its a decent map
[2013-04-08 19.09.31] [PeJ`AeF] or give a valid reason why u dont want this map
[2013-04-08 19.09.43] [CAT`Chelsea] ok too hard for us
[2013-04-08 19.09.49] [PeJ`AeF] bl then
[2013-04-08 19.09.55] [CAT`Chelsea] pls easier
[2013-04-08 19.09.59] [PeJ`AeF] no
[2013-04-08 19.10.04] [PeJ`AeF] invalid argument
[2013-04-08 19.10.10] [CAT`Chelsea] both clans need agre read ducking rules retard

guess everyone can see what is going here. its a shame people are allowed to abuse the current rule to increase their chances by forcing up simple maps. this rule was made to avoid players are forced to play on total crap maps. wouldnt it be better to find a definition which points need to be given to refuse a map?
cos the ability to refuse without telling reasons leads to something like cat.

VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Re: your pic my pic rule is exploitable
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 07:41 PM »
I can understand Chelsea considering our last shoppa clanner :D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline HHC

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 07:56 PM »
My rage is always fake btw  ;)

Although I wasn't happy that my pwn map didnt get accepted  :( It's a nice map.

https://www.tus-wa.com/maps/map-10482/ (hmm it shows up black for me, so i put pic in attachment).
The objects were placed differently, which made it look nicer, but I saved prior to that point and can't get it to spawn nicely again  :(

Doesn't seem too hard to me.

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 08:04 PM »
My rage is always fake btw  ;)

hah I love to write rage stuff after each fail on elite allthough in reality I always laughing

Offline Prankster

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 08:41 PM »
We don't want an unending fight about the map though: suggest your own map to move things along. If you are being unreasonable with your own map request, then the host is entitled to a free win because you'd basically be refusing to play his pick. Make an effort to agree on a map.

So instead of raging, you should have asked CAt to suggest a map. A shopper map being too hard is a valid reason to refuse it, imho.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 08:45 PM »
What the f@#! man...

Chelsea - LEARN HOW TO ROPE YOU LAZY f@#!ING COWARD !!!!!!!!!!

Offline Peja

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 09:25 PM »
as long as a map is not gamebreaking to some aspects of a scheme there shouldnt be any option to refuse it. the most invalid point for me is saying: the map is 2 hard lol.  simply because this is a league and not f@#!ing woodstock where we hold hands and smoke pot.

guess it wouldnt be hard to find gamebreaking examples for each scheme. for example,  pizzasheets hysteria maps had some influence on making this rule (afaik). we could just put them together, showing the maps and create a rule like this:

you need to play on any map your opponent picks exept:

-mapwhoring (not that hard to find out since we have this played maps feature now)
-game breaking (add list of maps which are just not competetive)

it would be more clear and get rid of endless debates about a map.
the current rule basicly just says: pls be kind to each other and find an agreement. and sorry i just wanna play game and not discuss the personal map likings of each league member.

discussing things in a cool athmosphere will still work and mostly lead to agreements. but it shouldnt be possible for the opponent to take influence in a way to increase own winning chances at your own pick.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 10:14 PM »
We don't want an unending fight about the map though: suggest your own map to move things along. If you are being unreasonable with your own map request, then the host is entitled to a free win because you'd basically be refusing to play his pick. Make an effort to agree on a map.

So instead of raging, you should have asked CAt to suggest a map. A shopper map being too hard is a valid reason to refuse it, imho.

Or instead of raging, CAT could've suggested a map - which it didn't.
Chelsea, for someone who's afraid of being ruled against by biased moderators, you sure are making our job here a pain in the ass!
I can't see anything wrong with that map and it doesn't look particularly difficult to me, either. It certainly isn't a broken map. CAT ruled out an entire set of maps without even seeing what kind of maps come out of it - that's unreasonable to me.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 10:17 PM by DarkOne »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 07:22 AM »
Refusing a map because it's too common - Cool.

Refusing a map because the person is suspicious his opponent practises too much on it - Yeah I can live with that.

Refusing an out of the ordinary map that no one has seen before - This is pretty fair.

Refusing a map because they perhaps just played the exact same map recently - Yeah, cool...

But refusing a map because the player isn't skilled enough - Should be an automatic loss, or the "free win" system.

Sorry for my outburst yesterday i've been ill for the last few weeks, my laptop sucks & I can't play WA, works REALLY annoying me, but Thatcher died so i'm happy today :D

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 07:28 AM »
HOW THE f@#! CAN BE THAT MAP HARD? Goddamnit, shoppa is already an easy scheme, refusing the adversary's map show just how much you are noob Chelsea.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 09:19 AM »
That's a totally valid reason.

In my days, I would also disagree if HHC put up a too easy roper map, if I had the rules backing me up.

You're not picking a roping scheme after all, but with this map, you make it a rope centric scheme, which I assume you know is your opponent's weakness. Who is exploiting what again?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:20 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 09:31 AM »
ropa, doesn't this:

In my days, I would also disagree if HHC put up a too easy roper map, if I had the rules backing me up.

And this:

You're not picking a roping scheme after all, but with this map, you make it a rope centric scheme, which I assume you know is your opponent's weakness. Who is exploiting what again?

Contradict itself... You know HHC is a weaker roper than yourself, so you would rather he choose a more difficult map, it's just the other side of the see-saw really...

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 09:54 AM »
ropa, doesn't this:

And this:

Contradict itself... You know HHC is a weaker roper than yourself, so you would rather he choose a more difficult map, it's just the other side of the see-saw really...

There is a difference though, roper is roper, and you're expected to rope. I see shopper as a completely different scheme in which the rope should only be an addition and not be all about pixel perfect knocks in vertical tunnel hides and rope speed from crate to enemy. In an ideal world, people would use the FFie Mario map.

It's like playing BnG in a crazy Elite map, it favors tosses which are technically legal but shouldn't be part of the scheme (talking about random tosses that hit just because, not planning 2 o 3 bounces and making them happen.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 10:01 AM »
Soon I'll be forced to pick rr maps like these then, yup? ::)

Offline HHC

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 10:13 AM »
That's a totally valid reason.

It's not a particularly hard map.  ::)

Cave maps are often played atm. I don't mind either, but the amount of good user-created shopper maps is pretty small. I downloaded the top100 at wmdb and it's a real challenge finding one in there that's half-decent and hasn't been played thousands of times. A lot of those user-created maps also have really cocky hides that just piss people off. Or no hides at all..

My map wasn't really harder than the ones at WMDB, for chelsea and jot it shouldn't be a prob as they are pretty pro at the scheme. Both in tactics and knocking and stuff, as well as in speed. They are certainly not 10x slower than me and guuria  :-[

It's their right to ask for another map, but IMO it wasn't really needed in this case. Especially cause I had just spent 10 mins on making it especially for this match.