Forums
May 03, 2024, 07:11 PM

Author Topic: A New Real Private Fun League.  (Read 3449 times)

Offline Unique

Re: A New Real Private Fun League.
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 03:37 PM »
I only did read first post but its simple:

Fun games -> Dont need a report (so why u need a league?) a league is made to be in competition with eachother. U want to have a competition in funners as well? If you want to play 'fun' games and dont wanna play for the win, then just find somebody in #AG that is friendly enough to give u that match.

Ofcourse if you are on a league you also have to play against players that u might not like but that's just the way it is. In the competition of football there is also war between several teams. When you join a league you agree on that. After all, I never did meet somebody that wanted to lose a game. Everybody always tryed there best inside a game. If you care about this mentality then I think you just shouldn't play league games.

I don't understand why you ever thought about creating a 'fun' section, there is already a fun section called #AnythingGoes. Up for a funner? I'll be there.

Greetz,
Uni.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 05:03 PM »
If you care about this mentality then I think you just shouldn't play league games.
That's what I currently do, but I remember Cbs/Cbc was a league where there wasn't such problems (or at least, a lot less than here).

I don't understand why you ever thought about creating a 'fun' section, there is already a fun section called #AnythingGoes. Up for a funner? I'll be there.
Lies, you're always playing clanners. :p

And nowadays, it's impossible to play a funner game, since they all want to play TuS only...
And MI, many people are playing like if winning a game would make them earn money to feed their family (it's a game, calm down, destress, and play FAIR).
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 05:12 PM by Abnaxus »
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline Unique

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 06:05 PM »
That's what I currently do, but I remember Cbs/Cbc was a league where there wasn't such problems (or at least, a lot less than here).

I did play cbs and cbc as well but I have to say that its a much smaller community. Ofcourse there is an other atmosphere at that league. U can't measure TUS with cbs/cbc.  Tho I get what you try to say to the community but I guess you just overreact it mate. Maybe you should play a bit more league of legends with me   ;D

Oh yeh and look, I know it's hard to get a good funner game I don't get them much as well but joining a clan would increase that. You have no idea how much funners are played inside CF and i'm sure a lot of other clans have a lot intern activities as well. Also you shouldnt care about wormers that play this game like it's whole their life. People are different and if some people like to play the game that way, then why won't u let him/her play her game? Just like he/she/it/that is letting you play the game your way as well. You just shouldn't care about those things and if you don't like to play with that sort of players then just catch somebody in the #AG which thinks the same about this game as you.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 07:14 PM by Unique »

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 09:00 PM »
I agree, but the time where every wormsers were mates and had fun is missing me. :'(

In fact, I guess I'm only trying to remake this small community has you said..
I just have to take over it, and have in mind it won't happen anymore (but god, it's damn hard)...

Topic closed.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 12:43 AM »
Abnaxus was just sharing his thoughts, coming up with an idea and some of you act disrespectful to him, what the hell is the need?

Basically it's like this, his idea will never work, it will never happen, and yes it wasn't thought through very well, but none of you even mentioned the fact the main point he was trying to make is nowadays too many people actually spoil competitive games by acting like total ****s taking it too seriously and listen to this, because it's true, most players won't even have a proper conversation with you, no one even said well done Abnaxus, at least you care about having fun and socializing in a competitive game...

Most people used to play competitive and have a conversation and have a laugh together (obviously some still do) and now it just doesn't happen as much as it should...

You know what, losing a game feels SO MUCH BETTER when the person who beat you has had a cool conversation with you and you both know you have respected each others challenge, and not just "hf-hf, ns/bl/argh/****/gg-gg" and actually alot of people don't even say nice shot or damn that was awesome anymore cuz they just care about winning so much...

I could not agree more with Abnaxus, I don't care what anyone says anymore you can all think what you want, even that other thread I made I was trying to make a ****ing point that no one even understood, it's got that bad that people don't even realise they are part of it, doing it or just won't admit it, instead, they just change the subject and say you are whining too much...

^^ And yes I know I get competitive sometimes, and take some losses to heart, but at least I go about it in a nice way and at least try my best to have a proper conversation with people and actually have fun, where is the fun in sitting at your PC with a straight face all day?

Ugo, the idea isn't the best lol, but I am so glad that we are on the same level mate, I really am, at least you ain't lost thought of why you got addicted to this game in the 1st place.

Also, just want to point out, I didn't make the website for a2b, this was courtesy of M3ntal, I pretty much just organise everything occasionally seeking the advice of other b2b/a2b members, and report any website issues to M3ntal that need fixed...

Offline beer

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2010, 02:57 AM »
Dave, mate for real make small posts.. i hate 'newspapers' xDD

serioslly not many will read all of that.. its to long and the tema dnt diservo so much
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 03:00 AM by beer »

drama queen iz back

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2010, 03:03 AM »
Well Tiago, that's your opinion, some people will, some people won't, if they care enough they will, if they don't care then I don't really care that they don't care lol...

Offline beer

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2010, 03:05 AM »
Well Tiago, that's your opinion, some people will, some people won't, if they care enough they will, if they don't care then I don't really care that they don't care lol...

w/e XDD i care, but sometimes im realy drunk, and the other times im just lazy.. but still i care xDD
 :-*

drama queen iz back

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2010, 03:10 AM »
Lol Tiago, chin chin mofo :)

Offline beer

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2010, 10:46 AM »
lolool soz dave, i was realy drunk when i posted that.. it doesnt even make sense for me!! wtfwtflol

drama queen iz back

Offline Husk

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2010, 10:54 AM »
lmfao

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2010, 11:24 AM »
Lol I wish all threads ended like this, it's been happening alot more recently :D

Offline Random00

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2010, 07:34 PM »
I mean, this would be like a ranked Wormnet: you play a game FOR FUN (not a TuS one, or whatever), and then just report it.
[...]
Well, it's just to see your real level at worms [...]

And you wonder why Free says that the idea is basically stupid? I mean, what the heck is "the real level". When I play some hysteria funner for example I just do some weird shots and hide in the top where I have the most angles. And if my opponent does the same its like 50/50 who wins and this has nothing to do with skill difference at all.

I'll quote for example 2 guys forbidden to this league: Tita and Random (sorry dudes, but it's the truth, you only play for win and forgot what fun Worms is).

I agree, but I hardly noticed them in WO, so they were perfect as example (and I apologized for pointing them).

I mean, why do you take us as an example if you hardly noticed us in WO? And how can you judge that I ain't having fun when I play worms? Take Elite for example. Its just a lot less fun when you dont try to play it for the win. Same goes for TTRR. And for Shopper, etc, etc.
And tbh, I just see 2 (maybe 3) schemes where playing just for the win can destroy the fun in the game and thats BnG, Team17 with unlim. girders and in some rare cases: Hysteria. It may be fun to just throw some cool 2sec max bounce nades in roper to have some stylish hits (like you did in your latest vid, that I really enjoyed), but for others its maybe more fun to always go for the max damage and try to win the game.
I have the most fun playing worms when I play competitive games and both players go for the win. Thats also why I dont really like Warmers and stuff like this. Same would go for some Roper where you just try trickshots. But you just call this the "real fun" and thats just not right for everyone. (MI made a good post about it already)

And btw: after WO finished I played a lot of competitive non-tus games in #ag. But since I didnt report them and they were not vs. you, you of course couldnt know that and you just assume that I only play league games and only for the win. I just dont like being judged like this by someone who doesnt really know me.

So, I dont really get what your problem is. If its just about getting some nice funner games, then you should try asking some good players when they are in #ag before comming up with an idea that is just not good (like beer, MI, chakkman, free, etc. already said...). If I got you wrong then it would be nice if you could maybe explain your problem again.

PS: Sorry for the long post, beer xddd

Offline beer

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2010, 07:41 PM »

PS: Sorry for the long post, beer xddd

i did read this time ::)

and ur point is right, even if i dnt do the same way..
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 07:43 PM by beer »

drama queen iz back

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2010, 08:05 PM »
If its just about getting some nice funner games, then you should try asking some good players when they are in #ag before
They are: Afk, TuSing or asking for a TuS(clanner or single).

And I don't say you're not having fun in playing ftw (because I also love game played for the win, but a NICER way), I'm just saying it's boring for the opponent (at least, me and all guys who think the same way):
You should know how boring it is to play against someone who play only for the win (I mean you can play for the win without cheaping, as it used to be, but in this case, I'm pointing the fact there is only cheapers nowadays).
By cheapers I mean for example throwing 3sec nades and repeating them all the time while the opponent try not to be so scouring.

And btw, CF members only play against eachother when it's a non league game, or at least, it's what I see everytime..
It's great, but as almost every clan do the same, we have only the noobs left ... which is, on time, boring.

PS: Thanks Komo, I guess you're the only one who understood a part of what I said..
And It's my fault, not your, so don't start with flaming comments (I do have problem with expression).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 08:08 PM by Abnaxus »