Forums
May 03, 2024, 10:38 PM

Author Topic: A New Real Private Fun League.  (Read 3450 times)

Offline Abnaxus

A New Real Private Fun League.
« on: September 11, 2010, 12:58 PM »
Hi there,

After Fada's post, I just came to an idea:

Could you (MI) please, make an alternate league where only people playing for fun can join it ?
I mean, this would be like a ranked Wormnet: you play a game FOR FUN (not a TuS one, or whatever), and then just report it.
Lot of people would say "what's the interest in it ?".
Well, it's just to see your real level at worms, and if you're improving your skills or not; and for sure, it's for FUN before everything.

I'll quote for example 2 guys forbidden to this league: Tita and Random (sorry dudes, but it's the truth, you only play for win and forgot what fun Worms is).

Thanks in advance for answering.

Yours sincerely,
xDragonfirex.

PS: Smiter guys, you can go on: the less Karma I have, the more happy I am. .)

PSS: Almost forgot the most important point: Fairness.
There is no rules, it's only up to your fairness: if someone didn't cow on purpose, he doesn't have to skip (his opponent decide).
If someone falls after 1/2sec turn or on a bl way, you can skip to let him does his full turn (as I used to do on Fb).
For sure this is just examples, you're not obliged to do this, but the player selection would come in fonction of these behaviours.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 01:05 PM by Abnaxus »
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline beer

Re: A New Real Private Fun League.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 01:12 PM »
no sense in my eyes..
there will be alwys ppl playing ftw.. there will be stats, reportd games where do u see who wins.. and still there will be ppl that want to win hard.. even if that league is called 'for fun'..

if u play 'for fun' then u dont care and u can play TuS classic league and lose, cose u play 'for fun' and u dnt care..

drama queen iz back

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 01:30 PM »
no sense in my eyes..
there will be alwys ppl playing ftw.. there will be stats, reportd games where do u see who wins.. and still there will be ppl that want to win hard.. even if that league is called 'for fun'..
The thing is that kind of people isn't allowed to play the league. :)

if u play 'for fun' then u dont care and u can play TuS classic league and lose, cose u play 'for fun' and u dnt care..
Yep, but it's not funny to play against a guy who wanna play only ftw (he acts cheaply, lamely, etcetera, and does not try to make nice shots (high chance to miss)).
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 01:31 PM by Abnaxus »

Offline chakkman

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 01:40 PM »
I'll quote for example 2 guys forbidden to this league: Tita and Random (sorry dudes, but it's the truth, you only play for win and forgot what fun Worms is).

Maybe that's your opinion dude, for some people playing to win is the thrill which they get their fun out of. I don't think it's wise also to point your finger on 2 guys, i know loads of guys who like competetive play more than sense free funners/warmers whatever (me included :)).

Offline beer

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 01:42 PM »
but since TuS was alwys from evry one (even zippo is STILL part of this, STILL) how could be there a league that regect some players..

how the hell do u choice the players? who choice them?

in my eyes if u are playing league u have to have in ur mind that u are here to win.. otherwise dnt make sense.

a league where noone care about rank, and stating, even who reports what! then why do u report? report is way to show/prve that u won someone. if u play 'for fun' dnt make sense to show who won, dnt even those guys care about who won (if u want to report again that was for fun, then u care about the WIN! u must be not alowd to play).. so its a dead league before start

ps, sorry for the english, its even worst since im not playing /posting lately xd
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 01:46 PM by beer »

drama queen iz back

Offline Free

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 01:50 PM »
No offense dude but this idea is totally stupid.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 01:52 PM »
I don't think it's wise also to point your finger on 2 guys
I agree, but I hardly noticed them in WO, so they were perfect as example (and I apologized for pointing them).

but since TuS was alwys from evry one (even zippo is STILL part of this, STILL) how could be there a league that regect some players..
It's not a TuS league, It would be more like a cup.

People fair enough in my eyes.
And we also can allow everybody, then ban people who badly behave.

in my eyes if u are playing league u have to have in ur mind that u are here to win.. otherwise dnt make sense.
There is a difference between playing for the win and fun (it means you try to win doing hard shots, not only safe ones), and playing for the win only (it means you try to win doing cheap/lame shots, and most of the time whine when you lose).

No offense dude but this idea is totally stupid.
You're free to give your opinion, but with arguments. .)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 01:54 PM by Abnaxus »

Offline chakkman

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 01:57 PM »
Well i can't imagine a league with selected players rejecting non wanted players complies to what this site stands for and what the makers of this site want, so might be better to open your own league like komo did with his bng league.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 02:07 PM »
I'd like to, but I'm not quite good in doing Websites. x|

And I also want to know if there would be players, before trying to do it.

Offline beer

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 02:33 PM »

It's not a TuS league, It would be more like a cup.

u called it for Fun League, whats realy diferent of a Cup.

People fair enough in my eyes.
And we also can allow everybody, then ban people who badly behave.

So, how do u see if someone is playing for fun? or it gonna be like, who fails more and do more 'tricks' win?

its gonna be like, 'well beer u had no tricks and no fails in or last games, u are banned!'

or what?
There is a difference between playing for the win and fun (it means you try to win doing hard shots, not only safe ones), and playing for the win only (it means you try to win doing cheap/lame shots, and most of the time whine when you lose).

agree, there are difference btw them! when u play ''for fun'' u realy dnt give a fuk (''for fun'' cose evryone play for fun, and just some play ''for fun''), so ull not report, it dnt make part of a 'for fun'' game to report after all, dnt make any sense. realy its just agains ''for fun'' rules (if there is any rules)

not evryone that plays ftw (evryone who play leagues) do these lame shots and shit..

man i just dnt understant why u want to play for fun and then report it in a league...

« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 02:35 PM by beer »

drama queen iz back

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 02:35 PM »
for some people playing to win is the thrill which they get their fun out of.
+1

If I have got your post correctly, then I think you're making a paradox.
What's the meaning of fun exactly? I think you must define it again. People play competitive in leagues BECAUSE they have fun playing it. From the most horrible person to the most nicest one. They are all having fun.
It is not like people playing in leagues are bringing money to their families but deep inside they don't like their "jobs" but they have to!

People play leagues for fun, but in different levels. Some love to have a competitive match, some love to earn points. Some love to win a medal, some just wanna enjoy the thrill of a serious match, knowing their opponent is doing his best.

There's a common idea about leagues around WN for sometime: (and I believed that for sometime)
"Leagues are for assholes". People believe if they participate in the league, they will be labeled as an asshole and people will think they are some annoying kids who just think about points, points, points.
"lol no, I just play for fun" => same paradox. Moreover, it caused a bad meaning for "having fun" for some people:
Playing aimlessly or roping around carelessly hoping that something amusing, some new rope trick happen.

For this league to work, you gotta define "fun" specifically which I think will conflict with the current concept of the league.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Husk

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 02:39 PM »
im actually making profit for winning tus matches, especially wxw matches.

Offline Husk

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 02:39 PM »
lel

Offline beer

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2010, 02:40 PM »
for some people playing to win is the thrill which they get their fun out of.
+1

If I have got your post correctly, then I think you're making a paradox.
What's the meaning of fun exactly? I think you must define it again. People play competitive in leagues BECAUSE they have fun playing it. From the most horrible person to the most nicest one. They are all having fun.
It is not like people playing in leagues are bringing money to their families but deep inside they don't like their "jobs" but they have to!

People play leagues for fun, but in different levels. Some love to have a competitive match, some love to earn points. Some love to win a medal, some just wanna enjoy the thrill of a serious match, knowing their opponent is doing his best.

There's a common idea about leagues around WN for sometime: (and I believed that for sometime)
"Leagues are for assholes". People believe if they participate in the league, they will be labeled as an asshole and people will think they are some annoying kids who just think about points, points, points.
"lol no, I just play for fun" => same paradox. Moreover, it caused a bad meaning for "having fun" for some people:
Playing aimlessly or roping around carelessly hoping that something amusing, some new rope trick happen.

For this league to work, you gotta define "fun" specifically which I think will conflict with the current concept of the league.

yea paradox, thats the word  im missing lol...

u're so smart MI,  :-*

damnt i need ur english skills, but u did nice point.. a point that i would 'pointed' if i was able to write like u ::)

drama queen iz back

Offline Husk

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2010, 02:48 PM »
agree, there are difference btw them! when u play ''for fun'' u realy dnt give a fuk (''for fun'' cose evryone play for fun, and just some play ''for fun''), so ull not report, it dnt make part of a 'for fun'' game to report after all, dnt make any sense. realy its just agains ''for fun'' rules (if there is any rules)

indeedly

also, when ag is full of random noobs and u can only find one mate u wanna play with, but he wants league, then u play league with him and even if u happen to win, u dun care about reporting

this happened to me back in xts, but nowadays im aaalllllll about wiiinniiiing