Forums
May 16, 2024, 10:56 PM

Author Topic: A solution for PO  (Read 5548 times)

Offline Chicken23

Re: A solution for PO
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2010, 07:14 PM »
although the playoffs using the high overall ratings more over seasonal is what caused discontent in FB as people got sick of seeing the same players in the playoffs every season after making the minimal amount of games.

So i think an equal divid between the two is best. It keeps the playoffs fresh. Raising the game limit to 70/80 for a season and then seeing how it goes and reasses the situation after the next playoff selection has occured with the new limits would be my suggestion.

Offline Random00

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 12:26 AM »
Just got some new point regarding Single Playoffs. Its pretty ok in round 1, but I dont like the round 2 pairings, cause usually the top2 overall players meet already in semi-final.
Better would be like this:
Quarterfinals:
Game A: Seasonal #1 - Overall #4
Game B: Seasonal #2 - Overall #3
Game C: Seasonal #3 - Overall #2
Game D: Seasonal #4 - Overall #1

Semis:
Game X: Winner Game A - Winner Game C
Game Y: Winner Game B - Winner Game D

Final:
all the losers in round robin system XDDD
ye, well, final should be clear :d

Offline Random00

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2010, 10:38 PM »
Still need some feedback for my idea, plus: Overall should become more important in the future.
There will be more and more people who will do good season but have no chance to reach seasonal top4 or overall top4. And in addition they can often even do better seasons then the seasonal top4 without reaching the Playoffs. This would just not be fair. So, there should be a change in the PO qualification system quite soon, next season or the season after imo.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2010, 11:11 PM »
Still need some feedback for my idea, plus: Overall should become more important in the future.
There will be more and more people who will do good season but have no chance to reach seasonal top4 or overall top4. And in addition they can often even do better seasons then the seasonal top4 without reaching the Playoffs. This would just not be fair. So, there should be a change in the PO qualification system quite soon, next season or the season after imo.

Overall should become less important. Everyone should be on an equal playing field each season. No advantages to anyone. Thats the only way to see who is playing the best that season.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• You'll never walk alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2010, 08:49 AM »
Well not really Dub, cause points are given from the overall ratings of each player ye? So Random00 with over 6k in overall will get less sesonal points from like 43-7 than a player with low overall gets from a 35-15 f.ex.  And if we start 2 count points for win without using the overall points as a factor, then the guy who plays the most games and does the most noob-bashing wins.. In a ladder, overall MUST count, if not the whole ladder system fails..

-You think you are pretty smart, but is was not me, and you became dumb.   Phanton.    <3

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2010, 11:10 AM »
So why not make the overall ratings a archive thing and and totally disregard it when it comes to playoffs? 
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• You'll never walk alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2010, 11:48 AM »
Read my last post :)

-You think you are pretty smart, but is was not me, and you became dumb.   Phanton.    <3

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2010, 11:50 AM »
Increasing the number maybe will help. But still it is possible to be in PO in the last days.
Isn't really easy to find TuS on Wn. Increasing the number of games needed will just make harder to go in PO.

Anyway, if someone succeed in going to PO in the last week of season, just good job to him, because it's really not easy.

You just have to play until the end if you wanna be in PO.
Most of the time, when a player raises to PO, he stops doing TuS. And this is the problem atm.
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline Random00

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2010, 01:22 PM »
Most of the time, when a player raises to PO, he stops doing TuS. And this is the problem atm.

I dunno in what TUS league you play, but you can simply look at the classic league at the moment. There is noone that qualifies for PO at the moment who has just 50 games or an amount very close to 50. And there are also guys with 100 games and more. So I think you're just wrong at this point.

Just got some new point regarding Single Playoffs. Its pretty ok in round 1, but I dont like the round 2 pairings, cause usually the top2 overall players meet already in semi-final.
Better would be like this:
Quarterfinals:
Game A: Seasonal #1 - Overall #4
Game B: Seasonal #2 - Overall #3
Game C: Seasonal #3 - Overall #2
Game D: Seasonal #4 - Overall #1

Semis:
Game X: Winner Game A - Winner Game C
Game Y: Winner Game B - Winner Game D
[...]

but what about this? noone referred to it, but I think its really important, that the 2 best players (imo this is usually the top2 in overall standings) already have to fight each other in the semis...

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2010, 01:45 PM »
I dunno in what TUS league you play, but you can simply look at the classic league at the moment. There is noone that qualifies for PO at the moment who has just 50 games or an amount very close to 50. And there are also guys with 100 games and more. So I think you're just wrong at this point.
Before my break it was that, and I thought it was the same with the 3 guys with 60 games.

And if it's not the case, then you shouldn't scare about a guy playing the last week of season.
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2010, 06:16 PM »
indeed random00. but i think the top seasonal and top overall should avoid eachother untill the final.

Offline Random00

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2010, 02:45 PM »
then just read my post chicken.
Its the case there -.-

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2010, 11:20 PM »
Before my break it was that, and I thought it was the same with the 3 guys with 60 games.

And if it's not the case, then you shouldn't scare about a guy playing the last week of season.

There is a problem with people stopping playing soon as they've reached playoffs. Allais, yanme and random00 all did this once they reached the 50 games. Now they are playing again to get to 70. Same with CF and pp in clanners. I guess theres no rules to prevent it. Its just a shame when these players are active and stop playing. It makes the league less active. Harder to try to win points off the top rated players.

I guess this is a good reason for beer's suggestions of 100 and 80 games. Because the top players would be encouraged to play more tus. Instead of quitting as soon as they met the requirements

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2010, 11:25 PM »
But then again, you want the most active and most skilled in playoffs. Not the most skilled, not the most active.

50 - 70 seems like a fair amount. I think it could be raised to 60 - 80.
I think maybe raising the winning percentage to more than 50% would be interesting too.

Offline Random00

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2010, 11:44 PM »
we are just 3 people and its really hard for me to reach the minimum criteria.
You can just look at my history, I dont stop playing when I have the exact amount of games. I just had other things to do the last days, thats all.
I would have played single tus games anyway this season...