Forums
May 22, 2024, 12:40 PM

Author Topic: Acceptable Input Devices (AIDS)!  (Read 2788 times)

Re: Acceptable Input Devices (AIDS)!
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 12:33 PM »
undetectable... therefore a pointless discussion, sorry to hear about the herpes on your dick husk

Offline Husk

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 04:09 AM »
thanks brah

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 04:51 AM »
How dare you suggest that AIDS isn't detectable Wooka, for shame!

And okay, even if you see it that way, we can say it's a discussion for future situations where people might play live. Let's talk about the kind of inputs we're allowed to use for live settings.

Offline Ray

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 08:58 AM »
I really don't think that is necessary, as a live setting is never going to happen, there is just too few of us playing for that to happen I think.

Would be nice to see how those who run TUS see these rules you were trying to establish.

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 09:11 AM »
Live play has already happened, and it will happen again. Mark my words...

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 09:25 AM »
Live play has already happened, and it will happen again. Mark my words...

Yes, and it's for the luls, no one cares about tweaked up keyboards or league competition in those meetings man
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 11:56 PM »
Yeah, ropa is right there. W:A just doesn't yield any money so noone would go and punch/boot someone that would show them their funny over modded keyboard or whatever. I would just lulz and have a good time with that guy. :D

At least DarK, ramirez, Turan etc. didn't hate me or anything for my membrane keyboard that I brought with me. They even tried to play on it, failed of course cuz not used to it. :p

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2012, 12:52 AM »
You can't necessarily detect a macro but I imagine it would possible because surely there would be a consistent time between each button press in the sequence?  Unless it's a recording of manually inputted sequence I suppose.  I don't know enough about the technical side.

I agree with Mablak's post.  I remap space to my v key because it avoids the key lock that happens when I use the space bar, plus it's quieter and more practical to use.  I remap F8 to my num 0 key because being a serious rope racer I really think it's impractical to have F8 all the way up there.  And because different keyboards have different distances from key to key I consider it completely legitimate.

It's a natural evolution that allows rope racing performance to be maximised.  One shouldn't be held back by a button being too far from another button.  On a joypad for example, the buttons are all in the most suitable position and ergonomically positioned for convenience.  We play a pc game on a keyboard so why shouldn't our buttons be in logical positions?

So I'm with you on the whole remapping.

Although at first I was against multiple buttons I now change my position and accept them.  

Roping really isn't about tapping quickly and because only one can be held down at once I'm fine with it.

Macros should be banned I think.  

If people wanna hold hysteria tournaments with macros allowed then perhaps that could be possible.  Or maybe if both players agree that macros are allowable.  But I really think it might be best to ban them altogether.

Doing those incredible sequences should really be based on skill and practice for all players.  Short cuts are pretty lame and macros are a way of saying "I'm not good enough to do these button sequences but I'm gonna do them anyway".

AHK for roping.  I disagree a little bit with Ropa on this point.  I think they could help make the timing a bit easier for shadows and allow them to do certain maneovers more easily.  Timing a successful shadow when you're roping really quickly down a corridor is damn hard, on occasions maybe only a 2 frame window is available to get the move right.  I've never tried to use AHK but I understand it can cut the space bar off immediately after it's pressed so with multiple spaces you could practice extreme shadows and increase performance.

Obviously no one can use a  "space bar enhancer" and be dramatically better.  Arrow key skill will always be the most crucial.  But still, it can still help people improve themselves a little bit and that makes them unfairly better.

But, I disagree strongly with Wooka.  Just because a rule might not be detectable, it should definitely still be implemented.  If it makes sense, so what if it can't be detected?

Some people just don't like being a cheater and perhaps optimistically I believe that most people like to play by the rules.  If a rule is there people will follow it because it is the right thing to do.

Also, those who break a rule knowing they can't be detected?!  Bit shitty isn't it?  They may feel absolutely no guilt but for many it will devalue their win from a personal perspective.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 12:11 PM by Cueshark »

Offline avirex

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2012, 01:59 AM »
nice post cue, everything you said was spot on.

Offline Husk

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2012, 07:17 AM »
u mention macros for hysteria, why do u suspect that some people are using these? I havn't seen any1 do anything suspecting in hysteria. if u see someone do jp lg nade max bounce, do u immediately think he is using macros, or maybe it could be that he practiced it many times?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2012, 08:32 AM »
 I remap F8 to my num 0 key

I thought I was the only one that did this :<
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2012, 08:38 AM »
if u see someone do jp lg nade max bounce, do u immediately think he is using macros?

I would think you'd do it like this:
JP+LG you do it almost instantly if you memorize the combo and your left hand index can be sitting on f2 from the begining (you use left thumb for the activation of utilities). You press that inmediatly after and then + with your right hand. Now the hard part comes (I assume) in the next step, having to move your right hand quickly to the keys to actually give the shot acceleration and pressing enter with that same right hand (or moving your left).

It's not really hard to memorize this sequence, however, being effective with it seems like a whole different thing unless you use a macro and you can focus on doing the toss right so the max bounce has a meaning to begin with.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:44 AM by ropa »
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2012, 08:40 AM »
u mention macros for hysteria, why do u suspect that some people are using these? I havn't seen any1 do anything suspecting in hysteria. if u see someone do jp lg nade max bounce, do u immediately think he is using macros, or maybe it could be that he practiced it many times?

Macro?? o0
Never  seen before in hysteria
Jetpack + Low gravit + Fire punch become easy when you practice a few, nothing to do with macro.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Anubis

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2012, 01:15 PM »

I did that too when I used arrow keys. I switched to NumPad Arrow keys and mapped all important Roper F-Keys to it. I had f8,f1,f2 and f5 all around the arrow keys.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2012, 01:36 PM »

I did that too when I used arrow keys. I switched to NumPad Arrow keys and mapped all important Roper F-Keys to it. I had f8,f1,f2 and f5 all around the arrow keys.

similar to mine:

right shift as space
numepad 0 as f8
arrows as arrows
numepad 7 8 9 for f1 f2 and f5
Eat a bag full of dicks.