Forums
May 04, 2024, 04:11 AM

Author Topic: Ban Dilboy please.  (Read 7457 times)

Re: Ban Dilboy please.
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2011, 02:43 PM »
and btw: "And btw: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/announcements/regarding-ban-threads-(reminder)/ So ban Almog please."  so ban statik :DDD
Also ban avi for asking to ban me ::)
wtf ban statik to ask to ban avi cuz he asked to ban statik cuz he asked to ban almog cuz almog asked to ban dilboy

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2011, 04:17 PM »
biased Mod

Explain.
We already discussed that, no need to do it again. I'm just calling it back.
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2011, 06:07 PM »
Searching for "biased" posted by Abnaxus, 3 results. One is this one.
Another is one where you later replied
And my bad, I talked a bit too much without knowing.
The third one was you saying "without being biased" (so not directed at mods).

We spend plenty of time on TUS working things out and we never handle complaints that involve our clans to avoid bias. I never handle complaints by one certain person, not because I think I will be biased, but because I think I might be biased. So it gets annoying when someone farts out "biased mod" without caring to explain why. This especially gets annoying if somebody who constantly complains and never bothers to make a good explanation (this happened when I was still hosting RRkit - I'll leave you to decide whether it applies to you or not).

As far as dilboy is concerned, as I mentioned early on in the thread, we are discussing what to do with him, we'll try to have things in order soon.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2011, 06:27 PM »
D1, I'll just link you to an old T17 against ps.
The one after what I stopped playing TuS.

All you need to know is in it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 06:42 PM by Abnaxus »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2011, 07:33 AM »
and btw: "And btw: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/announcements/regarding-ban-threads-(reminder)/ So ban Almog please."  so ban statik :DDD
Also ban avi for asking to ban me ::)

Oh ho ho ! A double ban !

DarkOne - How about giving us the option to report our losses as well, incase opponent doesn't want to report a win, this could also be useful when your opponent doesn't report fast enough and could save alot of complaints that are "wrong order" complaints, which in turn, makes your job and other MODs a little easier.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2011, 09:54 AM »
And what if the loser and the winner report ?

How to know when you report if your opponent already did ?

Not sure it's a good idea Dave.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2011, 09:57 AM »
And what if the loser and the winner report ?

How to know when you report if your opponent already did ?

Not sure it's a good idea Dave.

I guess you are right, too many people are too dumb to check... Bad enough being too lazy in the 1st place.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2011, 10:14 AM »
Just let a message pop-up that asks if you are sure to report your loss because player x/y already reported a win vs. you on "date y".
If both parties are lazy and "dumb" as Komo describes them it won't matter anyway. If one of the players care it's going to have a complaint thread and everything gets sorted out.

People should be able to report their losses after approximate 3 days imo. (That means you can ask the system to post a loss vs 1 Player, then the Player that has the win can accept it, if not the mod can report the win by checking the replay the Looser can upload)

Sorta like a ticket system.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 10:15 AM by DeathInFire »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2011, 10:56 AM »
Well cmon lol, you gotta admit, it's pretty dumb haha...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2011, 10:58 AM »
Just let a message pop-up that asks if you are sure to report your loss because player x/y already reported a win vs. you on "date y".
If both parties are lazy and "dumb" as Komo describes them it won't matter anyway. If one of the players care it's going to have a complaint thread and everything gets sorted out.

People should be able to report their losses after approximate 3 days imo. (That means you can ask the system to post a loss vs 1 Player, then the Player that has the win can accept it, if not the mod can report the win by checking the replay the Looser can upload)

Sorta like a ticket system.

Aw, I was thinking, if we had the option to put the game in the right order ourselves, then quickly realised there are so many scrotums around who would abuse this...

Ah sorry thought I hit modify...

Offline Almog

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2011, 11:54 AM »
if we banned the players who dont report their wins maybe we didnt have to deal with it :P

Offline avirex

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2011, 01:27 PM »
actually thats not a bad idea komo....   

i think you guys are over thinking it though, im pretty sure TUS only allows a replay to be uploaded as a league game once....

example, if i go and try to report the loss of that bng game, the one that you booted me from the host after some lag outs, it would have a pop-up showing that replay has already been used... and i would have to assume you already reported it.

of course, this feature should only be used if you want to report in correct order, (opponent  is not reporting fast enough)  or if you truly want to do the right thing when somone wins a tus match and either forgets, or is too lazy to report.

there should be a zero tolerance for this system though, a nice long ban to anyone caught reporting wins to them selves that are not real.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2011, 02:45 PM »
The ticket system is cool, but it means 2 peoples have to go on TuS for a single report.
It's one of the best system (used on Cbc for example), but it's not for lazy people.

If you can't upload twice the same replay, then it's fine.

If not, either you can make it, or add a little overview of your recent games on the report page.

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2011, 06:04 PM »
on old cl2k, the players would agree on who would report the games.  reporting losses would be a good idea.