Forums
June 08, 2024, 03:05 AM

Author Topic: Changing Classic League Schemes  (Read 25131 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Changing Classic League Schemes
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2012, 10:36 AM »
Maybe you thought and/or decided that, I just wanted to pick Hysteria, cuz it's my fav scheme atm.

Offline darKz

« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2012, 11:17 AM »
You can leave this thread now and stop pushing it even more off topic, you're close to destroying yet another serious thread with so far fairly constructive arguments.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2012, 11:25 AM »
Ok, people can't handle truth, live in your damn fantasy world then.

Offline SPW

« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2012, 11:57 AM »
Awesome how threads getting so many pages ina short time. Just to much talk. ;/

"Walk The Talk"

Offline Random00

« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2012, 01:17 PM »
my thoughts:
[all the things about hysteria and aerial]

I absolutely agree with that.

Man, it's statements like these that keep preventing change in the league, and it blows my mind how statements like these are so easily accepted despite the lack of actual evidence and argumentation.  [until the end of this post]

Well, if we could just restore the system to any given point, then I'd say: let's try it.
I just see that this league is running really well so far (I dont think there was any league that had this many games; correct me if Im wrong), and I'm afraid things get worse if you change stuff too fast.

Offline Flori

« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2012, 02:01 PM »
Could we stop argumenting on Hysteria and talk about t17 shoppa big rr and inter ?
If we want to do something about Hyst/Aerial, we'll have to post an other thread.
Honestly shoppa was, before hysteria, the schemes trying to attrack noobs to the league.
If there was only elite/bng+ttrr/roper, the league wouldnt be very popular and all news/noobs wouldn't start playing it.
I don't see a huge wave of people leaving tus because shoppa got kicked of classic league.
Big rr is played more and more and I do believe new people will join the league if they can pick this schemes.
+ the schemes is easy, there will not be any problem about "we must change rules, its not competitive enough", "too much luck involved".
Shoppa ain't really a roping schemes. Everyone which is not a total noob can attack on everyturn quite easily, this is more about who got the best tactic, who uses his brain the better, like default games.
3 roping games, 5 default games. Dunno why we couldn't try to put big rr in the league.

T17 and Inter, I'm proposing but i'm not the one who'll get the best arguments to keep/put it in the league, so I won't say much.

« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2012, 02:49 PM »
Theres a topic about intermediate in classic league already and its discussed almost completely just without final agreement, but its a matter of forcing some set of rules in league, its never gonna be perfect for everyone.

I dont know why you are insisting on Big RR, league schemes should be as diverse as possible from eachother and we already have RR.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2012, 03:14 PM »
ADD KAOS ASDASD BITCHS  ;D

btw flori your post was great till I read about big rr,I dont think that will be good to keep ttrr and big rr in same league

If I would be mod I'd delete roper cuz Im unluckiest roper player XD

Offline darKz

« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2012, 03:38 PM »
I disagree about Big RR too, it's more of a fun roping scheme.. No chance as long as its big bro TTRR is already in the league. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline fr4nk

« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2012, 03:46 PM »
Try aerial instead of hysteria, with some changes it's a very interesting scheme, with a very low percentage of luck.

[15:52:06] [avirex`mm] worms is not my life, u f@#!ing loser

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2012, 06:26 PM »
league schemes should be as diverse as possible from eachother and we already have RR.

quoting for importance. Please don't forget this makes sense when adding or deleting schemes from the all around league.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2012, 09:40 PM »
At the moment I don't think a discussion of removing hysteria is on the table, since we're a community that the average person would probably consider barely alive, and we need something to lure people in.

Shopper seems to have become useless, we could replace it with Big RR as Flori said, but with the way ratings currently are, that would help out us good RRers too much, making things unbalanced (and MI, please note that players who are good at a scheme aren't always going to see them as league schemes). I'm still totally for adding intermediate as bo1 or bo2, but people should read and discuss in this thread: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/leagues-general/intermediate-and-classic-league/105/

Offline franz

« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2012, 11:43 PM »
add bo1 intermediate

Offline Flori

« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2012, 01:16 AM »
I disagree about Big RR too, it's more of a fun roping scheme.. No chance as long as its big bro TTRR is already in the league. :)

Yeah TT RR and BIG RR are both extentions of RR but if you look upon the word Race, you'll see there is a big difference between the skills of both schemes.
In ttrr you have to control the rope in a very tight map and you dont go very fast, big rr maps are a lot wider and you have a lot of space to rope. TTRR is short, like 5 mins max, big rr is around 20 minutes...
Really, the only similar thing between those 2 schemes is the word Race...
Having great skills in ttrr doesnt mean having great skills in big rr, and the reverse is the same.
(I'm a good example for this, since i'm back i play a lot of ttrr, but a very few of wxw/roper/big rr and ive noticed i fall a lot, because i cant handle the speed.)

But if u look at shoppa and wxw, both schemes are really closer.
You start without weapon (zook unlimited for wxw but well thats tus schemes that decided it, before the tus schemes was even the same for both), crate before attack, attack by rope. Well, the only thing changing is that you have to hit walls in wxw. If you look 95/100 of wxw maps, we dont have to take much risks and we attack every turn, making it a shoppa.
So, really, if wxw could have been called Wall Shoppa without problem. This is just an extension of shoppa (as mole shoppa etc) as big rr and ttrr are for rr, and having more similitaries with shoppa than ttrr and big rr have together.

Edit : Just saw this in reading again :

I dont know why you are insisting on Big RR, league schemes should be as diverse as possible from eachother and we already have RR.

Yep then remove shoppa which is closer to wxw and put big rr which is less closer to ttrr.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 01:19 AM by Flori »

Offline ArsGoetia

« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2012, 01:47 AM »

Yeah TT RR and BIG RR are both extentions of RR but if you look upon the word Race, you'll see there is a big difference between the skills of both schemes.
In ttrr you have to control the rope in a very tight map and you dont go very fast, big rr maps are a lot wider and you have a lot of space to rope. TTRR is short, like 5 mins max, big rr is around 20 minutes...
Really, the only similar thing between those 2 schemes is the word Race...
Having great skills in ttrr doesnt mean having great skills in big rr, and the reverse is the same.
(I'm a good example for this, since i'm back i play a lot of ttrr, but a very few of wxw/roper/big rr and ive noticed i fall a lot, because i cant handle the speed.)

But if u look at shoppa and wxw, both schemes are really closer.
You start without weapon (zook unlimited for wxw but well thats tus schemes that decided it, before the tus schemes was even the same for both), crate before attack, attack by rope. Well, the only thing changing is that you have to hit walls in wxw. If you look 95/100 of wxw maps, we dont have to take much risks and we attack every turn, making it a shoppa.
So, really, if wxw could have been called Wall Shoppa without problem. This is just an extension of shoppa (as mole shoppa etc) as big rr and ttrr are for rr, and having more similitaries with shoppa than ttrr and big rr have together.

Edit : Just saw this in reading again :

Yep then remove shoppa which is closer to wxw and put big rr which is less closer to ttrr.

im right 100/100
[GrW`AnGsT-tgH] hey, have you noticed that Komo always makes the maps a little smaller on one side?
[``GrW-ROp3Rz`] yes, I think that is cross-eyed