Forums
May 14, 2024, 03:34 AM

Author Topic: Checking times in RR  (Read 11039 times)

Offline Ray

Re: Checking times in RR
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 07:06 AM »
On one hand, the chance of having a draw would drop to it's 1/50 times of what it is now, but the possibility of a draw would be still there.

On the other hand, it's a different kind of excitement to try and estimate what your opponent's time exactly was and what do you need and more excitement to see what the replay says.

So even though it takes something away, it adds something new, and it is more punctual of course. I always liked this idea by the way. :)

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 07:08 AM »
whether draws belong in ttrr or if draws are fun or not isn't the issue.  the only objective in ttrr is being faster than the opponent, and currently by strictly looking at whole numbers, it is possible for the faster team to lose.  The only way to win ttrr is to be faster than the opponent, yet you can be faster than your opponent and still lose. does not make any sense for a competitive, luckless scheme
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 07:10 AM »
It would be little stupid to add the special rule for 2vs2 and 3vs3, but keep 1vs1 as is... Also I don't want to watch replays and sum times and then realize our team lost lol. In football referees are not allowed to watch replays and it also adds excitement. We can make a poll though.

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Flori

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 07:21 AM »
I disagree to change 1v1 rules. About 2v2, I think we could check replay on a case like Mab said, and then make it a draw in this case (61.2 vs 61.8 = both 61).
I think it would rly suck to lose a clanner by checking replay, thinking you have won.
Imagine your mate did 30, opponents did 31 and 30. It's last turn, last worm. You know u have to make 30 to win, u do it, and finally u lost. It kind of sux.. You didn't know u had to get a short 30 or a 29..
Really i wont do calculs in game and think : Ok we got a bad 30 so its probably 30.8.. opponents got good 30 and 31... so I need to get less than 30.5 at least.. Its too complicated guys rr is simple. Dont delete our draws. It's so enojyinh when u draw the game when opponents got good scores.
So i think if this case appears we could make the game a draw :)

Because WE LOVE DRAWS in RR ! This is the most exciting thing about the schemes!

If people are sick of having a draw when they do 30 and opponent do 30.98, then we can also add a rule like : If both times are close from 0.50 or less, its a draw, otherwise there is a winner. So 30 vs 30.98 isnt a draw but 30.98 vs 31.00 is.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 07:28 AM by Flori »

Offline Ray

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 07:27 AM »
So draws are the most exciting? I thought it was the racing, really...

Offline Flori

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 07:30 AM »
Well when your opponent get a v good time and u draw him, its a very good feeling. So yes exciting

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2012, 07:49 AM »
Well when your opponent get a v good time and u draw him, its a very good feeling. So yes exciting

I really don't mean to offend, but I think that's really stupid mate...

If you think he got a very good time, say, 45.78 on a map that averages at  47s from the top players, and then you got 45.77, it doesn't matter what you agree to do, or if the TuS rules say so, the laws of the f@#!ing universe state, YOU won because YOU were faster, if the ultimate goal was the loser died instantly, guess what, your opponent would be dead and you would be alive, would it feel good then?

I know this sounds a bit harsh, but I really believe in being exact with things, I don't like people who sugar-coat things, or pretend something that really isn't what they act or think it is, or agree to rules that are by the laws of physics, just f@#!ing wrong... This leads to people getting hurt or people unfair losing what is rightfully theres, or accidents in real life etc...

Obviously TTRR ain't gonna kill anyone, but the logic applies in real life, too many people thinking this way is just wrong imo...

And like Ray said, having to check replays to check the time is a great feeling, for me it's better than a draw then a possible loss, when you actually won the 1st damn time... That's just stupid lol.

In the words of South Park, "dumb, dumb dumb dumb dumb".

Anyone who wants to think otherwise, be my guest, I won't argue with you, I won't even reply, I will just quietly feel a bit of pity for you.

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2012, 08:00 AM »
I think the rule as I stated it is satisfactory. In both 1v1 and 2v2, people should have the option to go by non-whole seconds whenever they wish. Whole number enthusiasts can stick to that if neither side wants to bother checking the exact time, but they shouldn't be allowed to enforce that method if the other side wants more accuracy.

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2012, 08:12 AM »
Hey Komo, remember this game? https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-105538/ (1st replay)

Times were 51.30 + 56.24 vs 50.80 + 57.54 = 107.54 vs 108.34. You lost! But you was happy as **** And you wanna deprive other people of this feeling? You are really dumb :P

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2012, 08:17 AM »
Hey Komo, remember this game? https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-105538/ (1st replay)

Times were 51.30 + 56.24 vs 50.80 + 57.54 = 107.54 vs 108.34. You lost! But you was happy as **** And you wanna deprive other people of this feeling? You are really dumb :P

Yah I was happy, cuz I suck at TTRR and it was another chance to win lol, who wouldn't be? I still think it's completely lame deep down, you are dumb for being too close-minded on this subject.

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2012, 08:23 AM »
No, you are dumb. What is the point of calling another people dumb? I just tried and don't get it, maybe because I'm dumb? Or you? Or every1? Dumb people flood in such topics for 50 pages and then forget. Smart people make polls and decisions :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2012, 08:24 AM »
Smart people make polls and decisions :)

Stupid people also make polls and decisions ;)

Anyway, why you arguing with me just for the sake of it? I like you lol, got a problem? PM me then.

Offline Flori

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2012, 08:32 AM »
And like Ray said, having to check replays to check the time is a great feeling, for me it's better than a draw then a possible loss, when you actually won the 1st damn time... That's just stupid lol.

Yah I was happy, cuz I suck at TTRR and it was another chance to win lol, who wouldn't be?

And !

I know this sounds a bit harsh, but I really believe in being exact with things,

Good job here Komo

Offline HHC

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2012, 08:44 AM »
The only thing that comes to mind reading this thread is the Benny Hill tune.

But then, my counting in RR goes by the ten seconds and not the tenth of a second.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2012, 08:46 AM »
Making draw for a newbie like me is awesome. It was a very good feeling when me and Csongi played a clanner vs TdC.. I was totally cold (yea for newbies it also counts!), Csongi made a very nice time and with my LAST worm I did a tie (or maybe we won if there were this new rule then?!).. but it was a good feeling and I got warmed, so on the 2nd map we won the game unambiguously (I hope I've found the good word in dictionary hehe). So my opinion is: an unambiguous winning is better than checking the replays. Or at least divide the second in 2 or 4 part, not 50.. draws are cool, don't make draws die pls! ;D