Forums
April 28, 2024, 08:37 PM

Author Topic: Converting TNL squads to clanner  (Read 4059 times)

Online MonkeyIsland

Converting TNL squads to clanner
« on: November 17, 2009, 04:46 PM »
I was wondering about doing so. since people are not interested in squads. and I don't think the reason is that they don't know how to create squads since the squads we have already do not play any games.

I've seen people show interest in playing Intermediate clanner. So what do you think?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Chicken23

Re: Converting TNL squads to clanner
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 05:34 PM »
remove countries, remove tnl squads.

allow inter to be played. set up rules which project people with time issues, simply say that players must pick schemes before first game has started which puts them in agreement and then someone can refuse to inter if not enough time legally as first game aint started and no none played wins can be reported.

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 05:47 PM »
i would say its ok to add as long as its not bo3... i see bo3 clanner getting pretty messy

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 06:32 PM »
I meant clanner for TNL not classic league.

@Chicken, I'm not sure about letting intermediate again in the classic. You were not around that time we had it in.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline beer

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 07:05 PM »
noway inter in classic XD
for real

drama queen iz back

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 07:28 PM »
oh i misunderstood, that actually sounds like a good idea :)

Offline Albino

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 07:32 PM »
Squads never worked at anything...I think clanners in TNL would be better than this.I would really enjoy with intermediate clanners.And bo1 isn't good at all because of random placement.It is the most important thing at intermediate.You can lost many games at first turn by random placement,if you playing bo1.Bo3 is always good to see who is playing better and who deserve to win.So bo3 is the best way for this scheme imo.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 07:58 PM »
indeed, inter has to be played bo3 but then its a question of time and people having problems with the length of some rounds.

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 08:03 PM »
i would say its ok to add as long as its not bo3... i see bo3 clanner getting pretty messy

ignore i said this, i thought it would be mixed in the classic league again...

Offline Albino

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 08:17 PM »
Ah,ok many posts while i writing my own. :o

Offline pr

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 08:57 PM »
If it is organized like in CUPS when
YOU SEE BUTTON "JOIN"
YOU CLICK IT AND YOU ARE IN.

now it's like

to play squad games. it's really bulky for ppl who are not good in english and etc.
The interface is really AWFUL.
Leagues->your settings->scroll down AND VOILLE! u see squads part.
how to guess where it is located, huh?

Cups are simple, everything in one page and have own link in the menu! that's why they are so popular atm.

About inter in classic and etc:

Team17 - total luck game but in classic (AND COST ABOUT 30 MINS WITH ALL GIRDERS IN SCHEME! who yelled about long inter games?)
BnG - gay game in 100% cases. Even pros start to throw 3 sec or 4 sec rolling or dig when they start to lose. No skill at all! Just dig dig dig.
I'd rename it to Dn4sfp, Dig and 4 sec full power.
Shoppa - noob game.

Why do these schemes belong to classic league?? i lol.

that's offtopic/troll/holywar stuff, i know, but whatever

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 09:06 PM »
I do agree TNL squads are not as easy as the parts. But we have 12 squads atm. Why they don't play?

About inter in classic and etc:

Team17 - total luck game but in classic (AND COST ABOUT 30 MINS WITH ALL GIRDERS IN SCHEME! who yelled about long inter games?)
BnG - gay game in 100% cases. Even pros start to throw 3 sec or 4 sec rolling or dig when they start to lose. No skill at all! Just dig dig dig.
Shoppa - noob game.

I agree with your point and everybody is free if they wanna start discussing Intermediate to be in Classic league. But it is about including a BO3 game into a BO1 league. I haven't forgotten all the badmouthing about TUS that it has intermediate in it yet.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 06:59 AM »

Shoppa - noob game.

that's offtopic/troll/holywar stuff, i know, but whatever

you really do live under a rock don't you?

So what if a t17 takes 30mins? It rarely does. Also the grider argument just comes down to tactics of lightside vs darkside. Me and crazy noticed some difference between tus, fb, hostingbuddy and lw t17 schemes and the weapon chances in cr8s.

BnG has declined in skill i must admit, but i dont see pros doing bouncy 3 or 4secs in any of my clanners or singles, people dig. But with umlimited teleports it normally stops gay hides or people getting raped. I think people need to make better bng maps to be fair, a flat line with 10 objects is not enough. Use a t17 map, take off the roof, fill in the bottom level and just take abit more time and look for fair maps with plenty of tall trees!

Shopper is cool. Its all about consistency. Me and gonzo had a great shopper match the other day, he played a prefect game and i made two mistakes and deserved to lose.

ps. MI maybe you should split this thread as this is off topic from inter subject, just had to response to the close minded pr

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 07:33 AM »
Chicken, I've seen this difference of opinion a lot. People look at the Intermediate differently.

pr is not close minded at all (and please do not focus on this), He is referring to past fights about Inter, calling it a lucky game (noob game) and he is saying if we count Inter as a lucky game, then so is t17 ...

I myself believe Inter is one of the most serious schemes in Worms. But including it in classic league is another story and to me it is not a matter of "Is this scheme good enough".
Including inter in classic in the past made TUS lose some players and gave a nice insult to others who wanted to ruin it. If someone can open my eyes about that it won't happen again , then Intermediate it is!

Offline pr

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 07:55 AM »
yeah, that was a reason of my post. thank you MI.

Chicken, you did not tell me any argument for your beloved schemes.

T17:
I've mentioned it since guys argue about inter games duration while playing dumb lucky scheme
which just consists of 4 main rules:
block
get lucky crate
get open place for crates
block

Nothing else. If you got a crate you block, block, block. Nothing about tactics here. You are fully dependant on crates factor.

BnG:
Okay. Let's imagine That Good Map. Me and my opponents can hardly reach each other with nades or zooks. Okay. My zillian zooka rapers start to dig, dig, dig. In some turns they ARE able to throw 4 secs or zook or 3 sec me without any NS efforts while my team throwing 5 sec lg etc and not digging them have no chance to play with them since there are no good hides for you and good hides for them.

Shopper:
"Shopper is cool." "Me and gonzo had a great shopper match the other day"
I can say similar word about tower race.
I've played with diksquad and he did just one error and lost.
MI, let's add Tower to the Classic schemes!

All i want to say is just there are schemes which level down players skills. You are dependant on luck. That should not be in a good league.