Forums
May 23, 2024, 07:51 AM

Author Topic: Decisions on handling the new league type  (Read 3669 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Decisions on handling the new league type
« on: October 07, 2010, 06:59 AM »
Here's some ideas that could help TUS Leagues and give us more activity:

TEL (TUS Elite League) came up with elite challenges thread, and seems to be a good replacement for TNL.
TRL (TUS Rotated League) was an idea that always were around.

Making 2 more leagues is not a good idea. So I think this would suit TUS the best:

1. Adding TRL, having a poll each season what scheme people want for the upcoming season. Allowing to have repeated schemes. (So this way Elite will have most of the votes each season?)
2. Removing TNL, adding Intermediate scheme to classic league. (as a refusable or fixed pick)

Discuss!
(When the options become more clear, we will probably run a poll)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Chelsea

Re: Decisions on handling the new league type
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 07:09 AM »
Here's some ideas that could help TUS Leagues and give us more activity:
2. Removing TNL, adding Intermediate scheme to classic league. (as a refusable or fixed pick)

hmm..

Remove TNL - ok but It's hard find good place to normal [clasic or free league]

but in my opinion in clasic will be better becouse more players play clasic :P and maybe some "normal only" players will start play TUS clasic :P [Normal + elite or other] :P

it's only my opinion :P

Offline SPW

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 08:40 AM »
My votes:

- remove TNL
- put in ELITE-League only --> TEL.
- replace Intermediate to Free-League..
- wait with TRL-League.

Eliters want something longer than just to be the scheme for one season (like in TRL). There are many of Eliters, activity would be much better than current TNL.

Intermediate-lovers can still play NNNL (ONL) by Clan NNN. 

Offline Free

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 10:34 AM »
As far as I remember, rotated leagues never been that active.

I suggest also removing TNL (there's NNNL) and adding TEL.

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 10:48 AM »
Intermediate (hopefully the nnnl version too) should definitely be in the regular league, and since there's nnnl, I don't think it ever really needed its own league here. If people aren't sure about playing it bo1, using cave maps every time works out well for minimizing double kills at the start.

I really have no idea what free league is though, seems kinda superfluous whatever it is. The fewer leagues the better, just an elite league and just an all-round league would work fine. And I wouldn't expect much activity for rotated league, though I do support leagues geared towards individual schemes, because they're very skill-enhancing and competitive. Just that some schemes are quite popular and others aren't, I doubt a RL would be worthwhile on the whole.

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 10:50 AM »
Make Intermediate a fixed pick in tus regular league and create TEL!

EDIT: aww mab beat me to the punch
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 11:25 AM »
I don't want all-round league taken away, not being able to BnG would kill me...

Offline darKz

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 11:38 AM »
I don't want all-round league taken away, not being able to BnG would kill me...

But didn't you say... :D

Anyway, I'd go with TEL because as already said, I don't think a rotated league would be very active.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 11:45 AM »

But didn't you say... :D

I still play clanners though !

Offline Random00

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 12:36 PM »
- remove TNL
- wait with TRL-League.

thats exactly my opinion as well.

I dont think there is room for any new scheme in the classic league, because we have 4 rope schemes and 4 defaults, so you need to be good in both to be a good allrounder. If you add another default, roping becomes less important. That's why I'd prefer adding Inter to Free league.
Another reason would be that there are just few allround player that enjoy Intermediate and vice versa. If it would bring half of the NNN people to play allround league, then the situation would be different for sure :D

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 01:16 PM »
- remove TNL
- wait with TRL-League.

thats exactly my opinion as well.

I dont think there is room for any new scheme in the classic league, because we have 4 rope schemes and 4 defaults, so you need to be good in both to be a good allrounder. If you add another default, roping becomes less important. That's why I'd prefer adding Inter to Free league.
Another reason would be that there are just few allround player that enjoy Intermediate and vice versa. If it would bring half of the NNN people to play allround league, then the situation would be different for sure :D

we have 5 available roping schemes right now... shoppa, wxw, roper, w2roper, and ttrr... so the balance is 5:4.  You can still keep picking roping schemes if you suck at defaults
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 01:16 PM »
Well Random, Shoppa is basically a Hybrid of both roping and default, but i'd class it as mostly default...

Offline Husk

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 01:52 PM »
My votes:

- remove TNL
- wait with TRL-League.

i agree,

oh and free league is alot of fun, i find myself playing it aswell as classic league. i have nothing against intermediate being in free league.

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 02:18 PM »
Make Intermediate a fixed pick in tus regular league and create TEL!
+1
People used to not know hysteria.. Now it's a fixed pick people did learn it. It's by putting new scheme in fixed pick that the worms experience is growing :)

Offline Husk

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 02:20 PM »
well its 4:4 balance now x: don't need intermediate to unbalance the classic league