Forums
May 06, 2024, 05:18 PM

Author Topic: hysteria in the classic league  (Read 11230 times)

Offline avirex

Re: hysteria in the classic league
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2012, 03:05 AM »
So..  When did ever say schemes should not be repaired?

I still dont know what you say you dissagree with me about shy... You should know above everyone that im all for adjusting schemes to make them more skill and strategy, and less luck...

I do not agree with ropa on changing the rating system, and grouping schemes that have no buisness being paired together, do you?

As far as making hyst more competetive with risk/reward factors... Are you kidding me? You think im against it? Me and you have discussed so many times about this, we both agree ALL schemes need to be revamped...

Ropa has gone off in several different directions with several different ppl... I cant help butbelieve its more about the debate for him, rather then the subject... But i never dissagreed if schemes need change.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 03:08 AM by avirex »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2012, 07:49 AM »
sure, the word  competitive can mean what you've said, komo, but competitive has multiple definitions, and ropa was clearly using it in the sense of risk, reward, advantage, etc, and you have not proven that hysteria qualifies as competitive under that standard.  The statistics make it clear that many people played hysteria in the league... how does this in any way tell us about the intricate details of the scheme, the tactics, the logic of the game?  Those intricate details, the tactics, and logic of the scheme are what ropa was using when saying competitive... pretty clearly...  If you really went through all of the trouble to argue with ropa about an alternate word definition, one he clearly wasn't referring to, then that is just sad.. you wasted a lot of space on this thread

ShyGuy, ropa said Hysteria isn't competitive, I said he was wrong, I was right...

I agree with you, I haven't proven anything, not to you at least, to myself now that's a different matter, you talk about risk, reward, and advantage, ok, he thinks there is none, I whole-heartedly disagree, there are other risks you can take which pay off in Hysteria, most early and mid-games of Hysteria are full of risk & reward as well as fisk & epic failure, some risks take longer to pay off than others, for example, personally speaking, I sometimes like killing their worms early, so they pile me, and then kill my worms, and the game will end faster, because I am confident that I am good enough a player I can win endgame fast even if they have an advantage.

Now, yes, I am indeed guilty of being a bit mad, and taking extreme risks, just for the sake of making a game faster, but to me, that's a very very satsfying reward.

And anyway, ropa acts like killing 2 worms and not being at an advantage is a scheme flaw, umm, how is it, it's just part of the game... It's something we all know and expect to happen, that isn't a scheme flaw, that's just a scheme event, like, a route, or a path you can choose.... You don't get this option with Roper do you? You don't get it with TTRR do you? They are all straight forward... I think this makes Hysteria even more competitive.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2012, 09:36 AM »

ShyGuy, ropa said Hysteria isn't competitive, I said he was wrong, I was right...

sure, the word  competitive can mean what you've said, komo, but competitive has multiple definitions

Are we still at this point? Really?

it's not like I didn't try to explain to you were your confusion was coming from and so did ShyGuy, why are we still arguing about this? Look up "competitive" in thesaurus or so something but please move on.

edit: you're still claiming I'm wrong for using a word definition you ignored (for the looks of it, you still ignore)
Don't take this as the beginning of an argument. It won't be.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 09:45 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2012, 09:42 AM »
I did move on ropa, isn't that clear, but then ShyGuy brought it up again but said I said something I didn't, and accused me of not knowing how to argue lol.

And no, we aren't still on "that". At least I am not. I support Hysteria and by far am not alone.

« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2012, 11:43 PM »
hyst is as competitive as any other league scheme, its probably one of the least luck dependant schemes out there especially when we all agree its accuracy that wins the game.
worm and learn

Offline fr4nk

« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2012, 10:04 AM »

Then it was nino's monobrow...

Hahahaha

[15:52:06] [avirex`mm] worms is not my life, u f@#!ing loser

Offline nino

« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2012, 01:52 PM »
ahuahuahuahuha!!!!
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline twistah

« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2012, 05:51 PM »
I wonder how often it comes down to Hysteria in that Deletion Cup. Or what schemes at all.

Offline Perfect

« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2012, 06:20 AM »
I didn't bother reading anthing past the first few posts, but I have an easy solution to this Hysteria hysteria...

Rename the Classic league to something else, perhaps the Popular League; Wormers League; Main League. "2006 n' Up League" is fine too.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2012, 01:56 PM »
I didn't bother reading anthing past the first few posts, but I have an easy solution to this Hysteria hysteria...

Yeah, bad news, already suggested, already established as not ideal.

So I'm afraid you don't have an easy solution, all you've got is a patronizing post that proves that reading before suggesting is the way to go.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Perfect

« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2012, 04:46 PM »

So I'm afraid you don't have an easy solution, all you've got is a patronizing post that proves that reading before suggesting is the way to go.
I was willing to take a chance with putting forth my suggestion and not read this derailed conversation. Consider your own words and read how recent it was that this topic had surfaced already, numerous times. I know this has been pointed out to you.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2012, 05:00 PM »

I was willing to take a chance with putting forth my suggestion and not read this derailed conversation. Consider your own words and read how recent it was that this topic had surfaced already, numerous times. I know this has been pointed out to you.

Will I also be blamed for pointing out people should read before making "suggestions" and allowing you to make an argument out of it? Because I don't know what you're trying to accomplish, you're somehow trying to imply that it's my fault you make useless posts to the topic of discussion?

The fact that it was already pointed out to me, like you claim, hasn't stopped you. You can reply to this and prove my point. I won't.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 05:04 PM by ropa »
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2012, 11:38 PM »
its like what you did in the other thread when you just wrote "worms2d.info"...

when the OP already pointed out worms2d.info

LOL
worm and learn