Forums
April 26, 2024, 07:13 AM

Author Topic: hysteria in the classic league  (Read 11098 times)

Offline twistah

hysteria in the classic league
« on: April 11, 2012, 10:01 AM »
i'm wondering why you're able to pick this scheme in tus classic. in my opinion it has nothing lost next to ttrr, elite and so on. why? cos it's the most frustrating scheme actually. at some point this scheme needs some skills, of course, but so less that i consider this scheme as pretty lucky and nonsense. no matter what you do, with the turn advantage pretty much every game ends up both having 1 worm. my enemys always darkside on the bottom left or right and this kills my motivation instantly. 2 days ago i played this scheme vs spw. with that darksiding that f@#!ing game ended up playing it like 50 minutes. and that just for a draw. what the hell? i couldn't be arsed for a 2nd game, nor for a rm. and i'm thinking about just giving free wins if enemys pick this.. better not to waste time and if you only lose in this scheme, theres at some point not so much points to lose for you. it's better than winning every now and then u know. i mean not even bng with nubs takes that long. this scheme makes just no sense to me really :)

Offline huskov

Re: hysteria in the classic league
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 10:15 AM »
i'm wondering why you're able to pick this scheme in tus classic. in my opinion it has nothing lost next to ttrr, elite and so on. why? cos it's the most frustrating scheme actually. at some point this scheme needs some skills, of course, but so less that i consider this scheme as pretty lucky and nonsense. no matter what you do, with the turn advantage pretty much every game ends up both having 1 worm. my enemys always darkside on the bottom left or right and this kills my motivation instantly. 2 days ago i played this scheme vs spw. with that darksiding that f@#!ing game ended up playing it like 50 minutes. and that just for a draw. what the hell? i couldn't be arsed for a 2nd game, nor for a rm. and i'm thinking about just giving free wins if enemys pick this.. better not to waste time and if you only lose in this scheme, theres at some point not so much points to lose for you. it's better than winning every now and then u know. i mean not even bng with nubs takes that long. this scheme makes just no sense to me really :)
  :P only goin to tipe BCC xD
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 10:18 AM by huskov »

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 10:16 AM »
force sd ftw

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline HHC

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 10:18 AM »
You can let the timer run out each turn. Round time is only 10 sec, it'll be SD soon.

But yeah, it's kinda bad in most games the lamest player wins.. or at least, you get shot down if you don't darkside yourself. If you hide on the top from the start it's gonna be one hell of a fight to stay your ground.

Online Peja

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 10:27 AM »
You can let the timer run out each turn. Round time is only 10 sec, it'll be SD soon.

But yeah, it's kinda bad in most games the lamest player wins.. or at least, you get shot down if you don't darkside yourself. If you hide on the top from the start it's gonna be one hell of a fight to stay your ground.

i wouldnt say the lamest player wins. usually the player with the better/luckiest touch on the final shot wins. 

Offline HHC

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 10:31 AM »
i wouldnt say the lamest player wins. usually the player with the better/luckiest touch on the final shot wins.  

depend on who's playing really. I have been playing TRL for fun, so I just stay on top. I haven't won much I can tell you that  :D

When both players darkside, yeah, it comes down to the last shots.

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 10:41 AM »
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ how many threads like this have there been... OP doesnt even have any valid arguments just a load of subjective rambling.

Personally I dont like hyst... the concept is cool but its a rushed scheme that doesnt play as well as it could due to a number of reasons. When its down to 1 worm each the entailing darksiding nightmare is just ridiculous. You cant call the darksiding "lame" though, its done through necessity because the scheme is just plain bad, poorly thought out. You dont call people lame in elite for not hiding somewhere where they can lose the game if hit on the next turn, so dont call them lame for doing the same in any other scheme. Scheme could be fixed still, its popular too, and it is also one of the most frequently played schemes on TUS so it does deserve to be here, however it MUST be FIXED!
worm and learn

Offline Ray

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 10:47 AM »
It is very clear that Hysteria was not invented to be in a serious competition, TUS turned the scheme into what it is by putting it in the league.

It must have been two nutjobs just having fun and one of them must have gone: "hey, you know what would be fun? 1 second turns and just shooting wildly, going crazy!" "HAH yea you are so right, that would be so much fun!" and it turned into this crap, how sad.

Offline HHC

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 10:50 AM »
You cant call the darksiding "lame" though, its done through necessity because the scheme is just plain bad, poorly thought out.

That's pretty harsh. It's hard to make schemes that are perfectly balanced out of the blue. It needs to be tried and tested. There was never a real problem when hyst was new and players weren't fully drilled into its 'tactics'.
BnG would become outdated too when enough players know how to notch and hit with nades 99.9% of the turns.

You dont call people lame in elite for not hiding somewhere where they can lose the game if hit on the next turn, so dont call them lame for doing the same in any other scheme.

The boundary is pretty vague, between lame and darksiding. A guy hiding on top in a roper when he's leading is kinda lame too.

Scheme could be fixed still, its popular too, and it is also one of the most frequently played schemes on TUS so it does deserve to be here, however it MUST be FIXED!

Any ideas?

Offline barman

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 11:07 AM »
Hysteria is rather a new scheme for me. I don't think it had already been in existence at the point when I left worms in 2007. Yet, I think I've already played it enough to be able to share my opinion.

Hysteria surely requires some abilities, but the skill cap is rather low. There's simply not much you can do during a single second of turn time. Another thing is that hysteria is one of the schemes which don't really benefit a lot from being played competitively. I think it has always been meant to be played for fun. During funners, you can allow yourself to try all the crazy moves you would never attempt in a league game. But once again, such craziness doesn't prove efficient in serious games and it always ends up with both sides doing the same old plain boring moves in every game.

Statik is right, forcing Sudden Death is surely a viable option is you want quick matches, but it narrows all the required skill down to shooting accuracy. We already have a scheme for that, don't we? It's called BnG if I remember correctly.

I do think the classic league schemeset should be fixed.
Here's my advice:
  • Replace TUS Classic Hysteria with another default scheme which can actually be played competitively (aerial? inter?).
  • Launch a THL (TUS Hysteria League) for those who will always love hysteria even after reading my post. Current TRL season proves it would be active enough.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 11:13 AM by barman »
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 11:16 AM »
Launch a THL (TUS Hysteria League) for those who will always love hysteria even after reading my post. Current TRL season proves it would be active enough.

I agree, it'll be like when you remove the moldy part of the bread and eat the rest which is still fine xd

Offline Hussar

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 11:21 AM »

• Replace TUS Classic Hysteria with another default scheme which can actually be played competitively (aerial? inter?).

i like this idea, i prefer intermediate and aerial then hyst. cut this shit off

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 11:29 AM »
AERIAL

Offline Throsti

• I am just Throsti

• Poland Poland
  • Pn Pn clan

• Paweł Abramowicz.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook.
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 11:31 AM »

Online Peja

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 11:33 AM »
Hysteria is rather a new scheme for me. I don't think it had already been in existence at the point when I left worms in 2007. Yet, I think I've already played it enough to be able to share my opinion.

Hysteria surely requires some abilities, but the skill cap is rather low. There's simply not much you can do during a single second of turn time. Another thing is that hysteria is one of the schemes which don't really benefit a lot from being played competitively. I think it has always been meant to be played for fun. During funners, you can allow yourself to try all the crazy moves you would never attempt in a league game. But once again, such craziness doesn't prove efficient in serious games and it always ends up with both sides doing the same old plain boring moves in every game.

Statik is right, forcing Sudden Death is surely a viable option is you want quick matches, but it narrows all the required skill down to shooting accuracy. We already have a scheme for that, don't we? It's called BnG if I remember correctly.

I do think the classic league schemeset should be fixed.
Here's my advice:
  • Launch a THL (TUS Hysteria League). Current TRL season proves it would be active enough.

aerial in classic league? no way, crates are highly inbalanced and its so lucky where they fall. random start pos can really f@#! you up cause u only have 1 teleport. if you fix all this, you got a hysteria with 3 seconds  ;)

about inter:

i would appreciate it in classic but come on: imagine a bo3 inter clanner when bng already gets avoided for taking to long.

about hysteria:

i really cant enjoy funners in this scheme that much. especially with more players its like: throw a random nade / shoot zook and you have a high chance it will hit>>>>>> ns/ns/ns/vn.

fun part of it in leagues: you have many ways to finish your game /create own style. i cant find any scheme which is played so differently by clans. hysteria clanners ofc can feel horrible on some point of the game but for me its still less boring as getting blasted  by barman in bng  ;D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 11:38 AM by Peja »