Forums
May 06, 2024, 11:01 AM

Author Topic: hysteria in the classic league  (Read 11220 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: hysteria in the classic league
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2012, 01:15 PM »
Another hysteria criticism by another player who has been here longer than others :)

Why is it most of the people who don't like Hysteria are mostly players who have been playing WA longer than those who do like it?
+1

I will listen to this topic as far as it goes but this is my current thoughts:
We (wormers) all have different opinion about every scheme. Many of you call Hysteria flawed and then comes the Roper-flawed people. Then Team17 becomes the most lucky scheme. After that Noobs pick shopper. WxW is the most boring scheme because after touching walls, there's no time left to do anything. BnG is an obvious case. It remains Elite and TTRR. Elite has its own league. So why bother, lets just drop classic league and create a league for TTRR?

Thought this might help you guys in your thought process. This is classic league stats in 3/25/2012:

As you see, Hysteria is the most played scheme in 3.5 years.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:30 PM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline darKz

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2012, 01:26 PM »
I just wrote a text but then deleted it again because nobody's gonna listen anyway. Introducing Hysteria to TUS Classic was probably the biggest mistake. D:
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2012, 01:27 PM »

No one said the opposite, in fact that's what we ALL say, that newbies, who are (naturally) way more in number than the more experienced/better players, play hysteria since its a scheme of chance, more so than others (ALL schemes have luck boys, this is Worms, in case you forgot :P)

Another hysteria criticism by another player who has been here longer than others :)

Why is it most of the people who don't like Hysteria are mostly players who have been playing WA longer than those who do like it?
+1

"been here longer than others"...shouldn't that be a positive thing when it comes to listening to someone's opinion?

Nonetheless, I can say this as my opinion+solution:

Wanna keep hyst in classic league?

No problem, BUT:

1)Have a rule that maps must have vertical walls for sides! The interior of the map can be  elaborate  if you want, but leave thick walls on either side so that darksiding in the underbellies of maps is almost impossible.

2)After that, use sd if someone still finds/creates a hide like that.

Problem solved.

Here's an example map+game: https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-103695/

(Disregard the tiny holes on that map that can be used for hiding since they can be edited-out, and causing sd makes them pointless hides
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:35 PM by Desetroyah »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2012, 01:30 PM »
1st it was Zippo...

Then it was me...

Then it was Maciej's FR video...

Then it was FoS/b2b...

Then it was me again...

Then it was nino's monobrow...

Then it was WA memes...

Then it was KoR alias thing...

Then last week it's the 10 cheater ordeal...

Now it's rapidly becoming, let's remove this scheme, let's remove that scheme...

Ffs just be happy with what we have, we gonna be left with nothing soon :(

P.S. I didn't mention GayTime cuz he's not a flippin villain !

Offline Rok

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2012, 01:34 PM »

We (wormers) all have different opinion about every scheme. Many of you call Hysteria flawed...

Those of us who call hysteria broken are right, all others are wrong. That's just my (correct) opinion. :)

Justin  Bieber is by far the most viewed person on YouTube. You we're saying...?

EDIT: And yes, Aerial puts hysteria to shame in just about every aspect.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:46 PM by Rok »
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline darKz

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2012, 01:37 PM »
Not to mention that several older players don't bother playing TUS Classic because of Hysteria.. They don't wanna deal with it and they're f@#!ing right. :P
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2012, 01:45 PM »
Sure its luck on t17 and roper, but its not reason to remove them from league, since luck was always part of sportship, such as goalkeeper on penalty can jump on different sides, its always 50/50 but still asks goalkeeper experience on such situations.
I think we dont need to remove hysteria too, turn advantage its part of any scheme where its more then 1 worm, elite or wxw, just on hyst its much harder to void opponent telecow without needed skill.
The scheme should be removed is shopper, cuz we also have shopper with walls, and 15 sec shopper. By using the same logic, lets add Big RR to classic league as easier version of ttrr then?
About inter, Im not in NNN, and Im noob on this scheme, but its deserves to be as classic league scheme, and if so, I would start to play that alot even! why did that get removed :x
A bit about kaos, the only bad things here is that its asks rubber to play, and some "old-school" call it shit since they never played that cuz wont install wormkit and rubber, because its too new. But when it is get to free league, just the scheme had much more activity then whole tus elite league, or other schemes on classic, free league kaos was such a new kind of league..
About that ariel or aerial - NO. I dont like that.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2012, 01:47 PM »
Why was it added in the first place? Popularity?

Surely all these questions should have been addressed before changing the scheme setup known as classic or "all around".

This scheme wasn't ever meant to be played competitively and the changes you have implemented to make it so (number of worms, teleporting, etc) weren't given enough thought if any at all.

Barman sums it up, the only "skill" required in hysteria is accuracy, the rest is darksiding bullshit and tactics that require no skill whatsoever. You have BnG covering that so there's no reason to include hysteria (the same way there's no reason to have separate roper and wxw ratings).

If classic is a league were the best all arounder wins, then having hysteria there defeats the whole purpose of the league.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2012, 02:04 PM »
Action takes place all over the map, games are close and you need skills at all sorts of things: BnG'ing, JP'ing, darksiding/girdering, piling and good strategy. It's a more complete scheme than any of the current classic ones. Even more than Elite maybe.

I agree its totally diverse and original. I wouldnt put it into category of "walking" schemes tho (those have their own way of mastering it), its different yet complete. Jetpack deserves much more than it has and this scheme has a great potential for it (hysteria is not a good comparision coz of just 1 second). Just 1 thing that bothers me more than crates is random mines - its basically just a map filler to me which cant be taken into your plan more than knocking enemy worms on it. Giving it constant fuse time (allowing for jetpack knocks at least) would make it far more complex and enjoyable. Note that jetpack knocks isnt the only thing that falls under that category.

Those of us who call hysteria broken are right, all others are wrong. That's just my (correct) opinion. :)

Justin  Bieber is by far the most viewed person on YouTube. You we're saying...?

Also that.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline darKz

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2012, 02:09 PM »
How many more negative opinions about Hysteria in TUS Classic by renowned players do you need to get it out of that league? I wonder. :D
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2012, 02:16 PM »
I think there are also many people who would like to see this scheme in TUS classic. Personally, I would remove shoppa first, because it doesn't make sense to keep this scheme along with wxw. When I play roper/rr/elite/t17/hyst I feel like my skills improve, but when I watch shoppa clanners (I never play it) I feel ... nothing :D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline DENnis

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2012, 02:20 PM »
Well, to that thing not play classic because of hys.. that would be a very lame excuse. U just need to talk and not to play vs lame assholes. I would never pick a scheme which my opponent really hates, because I don't want lame "free"wins and I don't want to do noobbashing.

And in my opinion ... If u think like this EVERY scheme have to get its OWN league and ratings.

In my opinion it is only a good game if it is close and especially: If all had fun!

Online Peja

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2012, 02:21 PM »
How many more negative opinions about Hysteria in TUS Classic by renowned players do you need to get it out of that league? I wonder. :D

a small group of people legitimated with a big name should rule over the majority of people? i thought we removed this form of leadership not that long ago for good reasons.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2012, 02:25 PM »
Just for the record, I'm not supporting current Hysteria scheme (as it gives me headaches time to time) nor I see the big flaw.

Older players get surprised by telepile strategy or they get lost in the "randomly" shots/events as every other new hysteria player. I remember the first time dub-c played hysteria, he said "This is not a scheme, this is a joke." Now he plays competitively.

You say people darkside at bottom left or right hoping for a lucky zook shot. If that bothering you, waste time less than 10 turns. (most of the time when the timer reaches 4, the opponent freaks out about sd and teleports somewhere else).
You say hysteria abuses turn advantage, I see you've trapped yourself in team17 and whine why you got owned by a homing missile.
You say the game takes an hour playing cat and mouse, I see both players have inaccurate shots or too afraid to come out.

People nag about lucky placements in Intermediate, then Dario comes out with 0 losses.

No one said the opposite, in fact that's what we ALL say, that newbies, who are (naturally) way more in number than the more experienced/better players, play hysteria since its a scheme of chance, more so than others

Scheme of chance? More people play hysteria because it is easy to play. Because even if you don't have the skill, you can still enjoy/finish the game.
More people play Intermediate because it is easy to play. Again having skills or not, won't paralyze you to finish the game.
Less people play TTRR because you must have crossed some roping knowledge line to be able to play it.

I do have a problem with many Hysteria fans (like Almog) that doesn't post in such threads. Anti-Hysterians post and post and make it like the entire community dislikes Hysteria. Then when I do change it, the other side comes out whinning.

@darKz,
I don't think some of oldschools are holding back just because of the hysteria scheme. They're just simply bored. I hope you are not referring to yourself, because you are bored too :P

@ropa,
I do apologize for the name "Classic". It has caused lots of confusion. The main league of TUS, was/is supposed to contain the most popular schemes of WN. Since most of these schemes are old ones, it got the name "Classic", which was a mistake.

@Rok,
You do make a good point, but by that image I wasn't trying to say "Hysteria is there because it is the most popular". I was saying "the most flawed scheme over these years is also the most played scheme despite so many broken things with it." Also, the correct line is "You were saying ..." :P

@Aerial,
Way too soon to get added to Classic league. I'll add it to Free league.

@Hysteria,
I love change. Either it is tweaking Hysteria, removing it or anything to shake things up. But I haven't heard the solution yet.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline HHC

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2012, 02:49 PM »
@Aerial,
Way too soon to get added to Classic league. I'll add it to Free league.

Awesome  8)

And I agree, too soon. Let's see how it does in Free. If it goes well we can opt it for TRL some day.

I personally tought TUS classic wasn't doing so well cause of people not liking certain schemes, but the stats speak otherwise. Still a whole lot of games played there.
TEL on the other hand.. wouldn't hurt to think of what to do when that league goes bankrupt.  :-[