Forums
May 21, 2024, 04:12 AM

Author Topic: hysteria in the classic league  (Read 11303 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: hysteria in the classic league
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2012, 07:32 PM »
Well the current league concept is flawed in many ways (from a pure competitive viewpoint), be it that you can work your way to PO without playing the Top of the schemes or some more luck-based schemes. I am sure there are and were many PO Participants that should not be in the PO. Without set-up games there will never be a true #1 overall-allrounder.

But that's off-topic now.

Edit: One more thing, I would try separating all schemes and stop with all schemes have to be in 1 league. Having PO for Roper, Elite, BnG etc. would add more competition between the good players and would stop the hassle to play competitive games of schemes you don't even like. It's like playing Hockey when you only like Ice-Hockey. But in order to get into PO for your favorite scheme you have to play both. Back in w2 even though I never was there in it's prime cases had bng and roper and jake ladder I think. Why not in W:A?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 07:35 PM by DeathInFire »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2012, 07:50 PM »
I AM looking for a change. If I remove Hysteria from Classic league, then for sure I'll give it a separate league since I'll be removing the most active scheme.
Change is great, it dusts off leagues and breaks the boring routine. But to change, I need some good ideas. Enough with "why" it is bad.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2012, 07:58 PM »
MI, would you ever give it a shot to separate all schemes? I know this is currently more or less implemented, but each individual scheme counts towards the overall rating and the individual schemes don't have their own playoffs. Like TRL, just for every scheme. People only interested in TTRR and Roper would search opponents only for these two schemes and so on. Making highly skilled Playoffs, reducing Luck since Games could be Bo3 in every scheme.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2012, 08:05 PM »
Actually this idea has been around a while now and I do like it. It is much more organized and all schemes gain the possibility of having playoffs. I remember some people didn't like it though. (like NAiL)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2012, 08:11 PM »
Hm, the variety of schemes is what makes this game and playing leagues interesting to me... it would bore me to death to play one scheme 24/7. :P

Offline Anubis

« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2012, 08:15 PM »
It would solve so many problems for many people that simply don't like certain schemes. Let's take me for example. In an all separate league system I would search Opponents for Roper, TTRR, Elite... although I am pretty good at bng I don't like it that much. It's no always a question of skill. Most of the time we play to have fun, even in league games. I would avoid Shopper/WxW and Hyst. Not because I can't play them due to lack of skill, but simply because they are boring to play in my opinion. And every individual has similar schemes that he/she doesn't enjoy playing. I also enjoy playing against people that enjoy the scheme as well, sure once in a lifetime it's fun to see your skills completely overwhelming your opponent, but that's a short fun experience. (TTRR vs. Chicken for example :D) No, I enjoy the high level competition between 2 players that enjoy the scheme and are willing to get better at it. People that are fine with all schemes obviously have no problem with current all-in-one packet. But I am sure, and this thread proves it, that I am not the only person that dislikes at least 1 scheme in Classic League.

People that get into playoffs with their favorite scheme are also more likely to get their playoffs done faster, at least I would assume that based on my own behavior.

@ Chakkman: You can search for all schemes, it's not hindering you, why would it? :) If we both would be agreeing to play TUS games I can still offer you my Elite, TTRR and Roper willingness. Why would I want to play vs. you in schemes I don't enjoy, makes no sense.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 08:17 PM by DeathInFire »

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2012, 08:26 PM »
What about all leagues are separated. The #1's from each scheme do playoffs for overall champion?

Edit: Wouldn't work. Just because number 1 at end of season doesn't mean you deserve it (activity, noob bashing etc)
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Anubis

« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2012, 08:33 PM »
Also, with separated, people that don't really like a scheme don't need to worry about it. Like this thread wouldn't even exist since the people that play Hysteria are obviously enjoying it, and would only want to change the scheme if all of sudden all of them hate it. But in an all round league everyone is involved in the discussion, some more qualified, some less. But everyone counts since everyone "has" to play schemes that are picked by the opponent, and you can't do anything about it. (Except being an ass and just auto-lose)

Offline Phanton

« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2012, 08:49 PM »
I AM looking for a change. If I remove Hysteria from Classic league, then for sure I'll give it a separate league since I'll be removing the most active scheme.
Change is great, it dusts off leagues and breaks the boring routine. But to change, I need some good ideas. Enough with "why" it is bad.

omg :(
Miss, old's players..... Miss, old's times :)

Offline Rok

« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2012, 08:55 PM »
omg :(

There you go MI, that's the hysteria lover's contribution to the debate.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline barman

« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2012, 09:02 PM »
There's a big factor... I bet Phanton has played about 1/12 of those games xD
Phanton has played 1879 hysteria games so far. This is 14.7% of all hysteria games ever played (close to 1/7).
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2012, 09:05 PM »
There's a big factor... I bet Phanton has played about 1/12 of those games xD
Phanton has played 1879 hysteria games so far. This is 14.7% of all hysteria games ever played (close to 1/7).

even worse xDDDDDDDDDDDD
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline HHC

« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2012, 09:07 PM »
Actually this idea has been around a while now and I do like it. It is much more organized and all schemes gain the possibility of having playoffs. I remember some people didn't like it though. (like NAiL)

It'll be too much IMO. People will have to choose between like 8 different TUS leagues  :-X

Personally, I'd stick to 3 different leagues at most. (with freeleague as 4th perhaps).
Schemes could be alternated each season.

1 TRL league for rope-based schemes: TTRR, Shopper, WxW, Roper.
1 TRL league for default schemes: Elite, T17, Hysteria, BnG
and 1 TRL of multi-schemes??

For example, season 1:
1 TRL = BnG
1 TRL = TTRR
1 TRL = T17/Hysteria/Elite (default all-round)

Season 2:
1 TRL = Hysteria
1 TRL = WxW
1 TRL = Elite/BnG/Roper (classic all-round)

Pretty sure everyone has some league they enjoy playing for then.

Downside is that the old classic league ranks will be gone (that won't be nice for people like Phanton) and for clanners the lack of all-round players will also be a bit of trouble.

I'd like to hear your ideas MI, I think you'd be able to come up with something real nice  :)

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2012, 09:10 PM »

It'll be too much IMO. People will have to choose between like 8 different TUS leagues  :-X

Personally, I'd stick to 3 different leagues at most. (with freeleague as 4th perhaps).
Schemes could be alternated each season.

1 TRL league for rope-based schemes: TTRR, Shopper, WxW, Roper.
1 TRL league for default schemes: Elite, T17, Hysteria, BnG
and 1 TRL of multi-schemes??

For example, season 1:
1 TRL = BnG
1 TRL = TTRR
1 TRL = T17/Hysteria/Elite (default all-round)

Season 2:
1 TRL = Hysteria
1 TRL = WxW
1 TRL = Elite/BnG/Roper (classic all-round)

Pretty sure everyone has some league they enjoy playing for then.

Downside is that the old classic league ranks will be gone (that won't be nice for people like Phanton) and for clanners the lack of all-round players will also be a bit of trouble.

I'd like to hear your ideas MI, I think you'd be able to come up with something real nice  :)

I think my vote goes for your first idea
looks cool :)
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2012, 09:30 PM »
A separated league for each scheme looks great.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓