Forums
May 05, 2024, 05:23 PM

Author Topic: Intermediate...  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Ray

Intermediate...
« on: February 13, 2009, 09:29 PM »
I would like to draw everybody's attention to the fact that Intermediate as a league scheme is not the same as the default scheme in the game.
https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-10-1/

I really hope Monkey will take some action, give some warnings to people who refuse playing BO3 or play with the default scheme, kinda annoying now...

Offline GodiTo

Re: Intermediate...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 09:33 PM »
Agree...
Well, Monkey you should start to warn BRATAN 1st. (Xray know why)

Offline Ray

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 11:02 PM »
Not quite. As I took out from his words he used that scheme because he saw others using it...

Offline Zemke

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 03:32 PM »
as first of all, all inetermediates should give a thanks to Xray, because this topic was needed much earlier. still many players don't care about interemdiate bo3. there are three different groups which think differently about intermediate. the first group says "intermediate sucks at all, even at bo3, just don't care this scheme" this sentence comes especially from ropers. the second group says "intermediate isn't good because the placement is to lucky, it's unfair" the problem for this group are the players which don't wanna play bo3. The third group says "we can't play intermediate because you don't choose the right scheme, i don't have the time for bo3, the placement is unlucky etc".

and this is the reason why intermediate is a special situation. intermediate nowadays isn't the intermediate like this one from Worms Armageddon was founded. there are some new schemes which are invented from NNN clan, and this scheme refuse the luck in scheme. would all take this scheme and play bo3 without any complains the system would work well.

but many players have prejudices for intermediate like "normal is too normal" this is just a really dumb comment. many players also don't play against me because they don't wanna play intermediate. you anti-intermediate just should get in your mind that you have to play intermediate also if you think it's unlucky or boring or too long, c'mon it's a league were you get points for activity and many players play schemes which they don't like.

intermedediate has always been a problem, also without leagues but players still can't get it that intermediate is a good scheme for other players maybe not for you but for others  ;)

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 04:04 PM »
my problem with bo3 is how long it takes, intermediate is a scheme just like any other, i have no problem playing an inter for league, but im not gonna play more then one just because people complain about luck. if some1 tried to force me to bo3 i would go find some1 else to play, its like saying you have to bo3 in t17 because of cr8 and placement luck, people act like inter is the only scheme that involves luck when it clearly isnt

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 05:03 PM »
Wooka, maybe u are right but in t17 u have ALWAYS chance to win, even if u play 4vs1 worm or u have so bad positions at start.. There are always crates, which are the most important in t17 scheme.. In intermediate there is no crates, player who start turn has like 60% win + if he has good positions, and he can plop u at start 2-3 worms u can say just gg man..
Bo3 is needing in inter,  bo1 is really smt wrong, and if u dont agree wooka, play more normal schemes than roping, and maybe if u will loose any game in inter coz of ur bad positions etc u will understand that..

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 05:44 PM »
i know that t17 is like that... ive said that exact same thing in a different thread i said that as an example that you can complain about luck in anything, i know that intermediate is more fair bo3 but what scheme isnt? people dont want to play for an hour just for 1 league game... atleast thats how i feel, if people wanna bo3 just have an agreement before you start playing, it shouldnt be forced... and i play just as many normal schemes as roping if not more
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 05:48 PM by WookA »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 07:54 PM »
I guess the way TUS is treating Intermediate is fair atm. I actually test some other ways. 

We started treating Intermediate just like other schemes. Then some people complained about it must be bo3, otherwise this scheme mustn't be placed in classic league. The logic was, it will become more serious and reduce luck ... That almost everybody accepted it as classic league scheme.

I made the Intermediate scheme to be forced bo3. For example if someone was trying to report with one replay, system would give him an error, informing him that he must play bo3, So that he must upload at least 2 replays.

At this moment, We received so many complaints about the too much time Intermediate bo3 would take, and some people uploaded the same replay twice to get pass the reporting error. So TUS was going to save lots of duplicate replays just because some people didn't want to play Intermediate bo3.

So I changed the bo3 thing, to be optional not forced, but still different amount of points.

TUS has experienced its way to deal with Intermediate scheme.
Do you got some new idea about it? Shoot!
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Zemke

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 08:03 AM »
i can't find any better idea, i really think the current way is the way we stay on.

but: it shall be possible to rematch if there are four worms closed together (in bo1)

Offline Ray

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 11:02 AM »
Maybe cavern map? ;o

Offline Zemke

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 11:40 AM »
no that would be just wrong,

normally it's bo3 and than:
1st round: island - 2nd round: island - 3rd round: cavern (when the 3rd round is necessary)

Offline GodiTo

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 12:08 PM »
Well, I don't mind about it. If i have an opponent in tus, then we will play 2 games for sure, 1 by me, 1 by my opponent. If he picks intermediate, then I will play it. If i don't have time for bo3, then I usually say that play just 1 game, or start to play, and tomorrow or other time we will play the other 2 games (or kinda).

Offline Ray

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 12:09 PM »
1st round: island - 2nd round: island - 3rd round: cavern (when the 3rd round is necessary)
I have never heard about that to be honest.
I have one more thing to add: keeping the points for each scheme for every player and playing each season with one's overall rating int he scheme's would probably reduce the number of these "forceing to play BO3" things, as most players who play only one scheme (like most Intermediate players) would need to play other schemes in order to get serious points, points one can compete in the league with.