Forums
May 15, 2024, 08:16 AM

Poll

Do you think Intermediate must be in Classic league?

Yes and games must be played bo3.
16 (22.5%)
Yes, but the scheme gotta be tweaked first.
21 (29.6%)
No. Intermediate doesn't belong there.
34 (47.9%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Author Topic: Intermediate and Classic league  (Read 10380 times)

Re: Intermediate and Classic league
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2012, 12:18 PM »
The more I read your posts the less sense it makes that you vote "no". It's almost as if you are afraid of being proven wrong. Anyhow, alot was said in this thread. The only thing left is waiting for the final verdict of people in charge I guess.

« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2012, 12:57 PM »
After reading the thread more, especially looking at Dario's statistics, im beginning to think it may be possible to include Intermediate if we make it always bo1, but there is no option on the poll to vote for this, so ive had to stick with no. Make the poll more detailed and you'd get a better analysis of what people are feeling.

Ultimately I don't see it working in classic thats why I voted no. I think it needs its own league, which it already has.

I said I would like to be proved wrong, not afraid of it at all, I would love to be proved wrong.

...but you are right, I did say I would like to see it tried again despite my concerns, so I've changed my vote to "yes but tweaked", meaning "yes but bo1"

+ but I dont really want to play bo1, Id rather play bo3, but I dont think bo3 will work thats why I voted no outright.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 01:01 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2012, 02:45 PM »
if i have to play bo3 because people think this scheme is so special then my pick will also be bo3... and i might pick bng :)

every scheme has a first turn advantage, should we play t17 bo3 just because its possible that a couple of your worms get plopped on first turn?

and about the activity... if this is supposed to make tus more active, the only way i see it doing that is if the ONL players start playing classic, which i dont think will happen because they already have a league where they dont have to play any other scheme

and for the noobs i think it wont help activity either, the ones that arent narrow minded shortly start playing other schemes other then intermediate, and if they are that narrow minded they will just quit after getting owned in other schemes

« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2012, 08:14 AM »
So, to advance this discussion, I think we should narrow down the possibilities of inter on TUS to either bo1 or bo2. Although bo2 is a strange idea, it gives a better representation of the scheme as a whole, having to keep your concentration up longer. Some people might complain about the length, but that should subside when people see that 2 rounds is shorter than most BnGs and Team17s. And far fewer will complain about luck if each side gets to start first once.

I think when it comes down to playing it, people who have rarely played the scheme will be much less afraid if it's 2 rounds, especially if they have concerns about going first or starting placements. I suppose 2-0 would just be a regular win, and 1-1 would give a bit to the lower ranked clan (and presumably a bit less to the higher clan). Of course, people would still be able to pick bo1 or bo3 if both sides agreed, we'd just be making bo2 the standard. And if it didn't work out, we could easily change it to bo1.

Offline Dario

« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2012, 03:40 PM »
I think I just found the correct average round time:

18 minutes, 19 seconds.  18,62% of the rounds end during SD, means that 18,62% of the rounds last more than 22 minutes.
Momentarily not playing TUS league games.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2012, 03:52 PM »
So how do you expect this to work exactly? Many people in the community are not familiar with the scheme and 50% don't want it. Do you think it should be forced upon the tus community and in to the league even without a majority wanting it? After 20 some seasons of tus, am I going to be forced to play a scheme I've never played before? Will my clan now start losing clanners because we are forced to play a scheme we are not familiar with?
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2012, 04:01 PM »
It's not any different than forcing hysteria or roper upon the community. So why not.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2012, 05:26 PM »
It's not any different than forcing hysteria or roper upon the community. So why not.

Roper was around and the most played scheme even before w:a. Hysteria was here since day 1 of tus. I fail to see the logic in your response.

Offline avirex

« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2012, 07:28 PM »
intermediate is pretty much the default scheme of w:a.... so wheres ur logic dub??

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2012, 08:02 PM »
So how do you expect this to work exactly? Many people in the community are not familiar with the scheme and 50% don't want it. Do you think it should be forced upon the tus community and in to the league even without a majority wanting it? After 20 some seasons of tus, am I going to be forced to play a scheme I've never played before? Will my clan now start losing clanners because we are forced to play a scheme we are not familiar with?

Offline franz

« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2012, 09:41 PM »
learning schemes is one of the funnest things about worms.  there's no reason not to learn intermediate.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2012, 10:10 PM »
roper wasn't forced upon the community, it made the community.  same with bng.  hysteria is way more popular than intermediate.  im not seeing your logic. 

Offline SPW

« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2012, 10:13 PM »
Intermediate into "Default-League". :)

« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2012, 01:22 AM »
Maybe you are confused by the word "forced" which might sound a bit strong. I sort of copied it from Dub's statement. What I actually mean is that all three of those schemes have both: lovers and haters and the numbers for all schemes are around 50/50 percent of haters and lovers respectively, if all tus members vote. This makes intermediate as eligible of being in classic as the other two. And I don't know how this fails logically.

Let's be honest saying the one thing that was around longer has more rights is just a hell of a stupid argument that merely promotes ignorance, but fails to back up a statement. The 2nd main criteria a scheme should be judged by while picking for the classic league is its capability of providing a high level competitive gameplay. This means checking the scheme for things like: luck issues, balance issues, how much talent and time is needed to become top notch at it (I personally think the more the better), etc etc. Around those fundamental things you should build up your argument against it, not throwing in statements filled by fear of new things and losing. Sure, sure W:A is just a game to play and have fun, but let's face it you don't play classic league for fun only, you do it to feed your competitive demons. And you want to win the games with skill, not with luck. Once you really start to play inter you might see that there's less luck involved in inter than in at least 3 other schemes that already are in classic league. And I'm sorry I just don't see how "I don't play it, becasue I might lose." makes a valid argument.

The first main critaria is the popularity of the scheme btw. This poll says exactly 50/50 and it's almost a perfect number, because, and I repeat myself again, if seperate polls were created for every single scheme, then all of them would wind up around 50/50 with slight deviations to one or another side depending on the scheme.

Furthermore I want to seize the opportunity and advertise my intermediate cup.  :D Sign ups are already open https://www.tus-wa.com/cups/cup-363/
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 01:35 AM by Jakka »