Forums
April 29, 2024, 08:25 PM

Author Topic: Lag out Rule  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Breeze

Lag out Rule
« on: July 02, 2011, 10:56 AM »
2) Lag-outs

If one player lags out and returns to the given channel, the game should be continued with handicap or restarted.
If a player lags out and is not seen online 10 minutes later, then the game is taken care of by the following rules:
If it was the first game, then the game should not be reported, rather played at another time.
If it was the second game and the loser of the first game was seemingly losing the second game too, it can be reported. At any other occasion the moderators will decide about the outcome of the game, after it is posted to the forum's League Complaints section.
Moderators will never decide about the outcome of a game considering the skills of the players. Always the state of the game is what the moderators consider.

This is f@#!ing stupid.
Surely someone with half a brain can come to a conclusion of how the game was going to turn out.
We just had a match for T17 where one player dropped in SD, while the water was half way up, that's a lot of time to get to that point.  The player that dropped had one worm, completely out of place.
And because this guy has shit internet we have to suffer when we clearly had the advantage, at least, weapon wise...

This is f@#!ed.  If I'm losing I'll just pull my plug out, no worries game will have to be remade..
Joke.
Joke league.

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Lag out Rule
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 11:05 AM »
Where is the stupidness again? If you had the advantage enough, you could request for a win, instead of a rematch.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Y2JID

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 11:08 AM »
not joke league just rule brezze report the game let monkey see if we get win
Uh, yo, it just so happen this how Y2JID thing started
Flip two aces and get two face cards
It happens, chip stackin'
I turn around, see a bunch of chicks clappin'
But a girl walked by, caught my eye
So I said, 'What the f@#!, stand here and give me luck'
And she whispered in my ear
A purple one on there and put a pink one on there

Offline Breeze

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 11:09 AM »
Well I'm an idiot then, I can't seem to get that from  the rules?

Offline Ryan

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 11:17 AM »
Calm down, calm down

Offline CMV

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 11:37 AM »
There are some unwritten rules in a league. If certain players don't give a shit about them, they will be disrespected by the rest of the community. I'm not mentioning names here. Also, if you don't like the rule, how about suggesting a better option?
SÜN
SÜN
SÜÜÜN

Offline darKz

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 12:07 PM »
The problem with the lagout is that in 1vs1 games you can't really determine who the 'dropped' player was.. That's the main reason why there's no 100% clear rule about this issue I think.

In other games the dropping player usually loses by default.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 12:34 PM »
Where is the stupidness again? If you had the advantage enough, you could request for a win, instead of a rematch.

Moderator discretion ftw :) We've made decisions on lagouts before where there was a team clearly winning.

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 06:47 PM »
shame on you breeze, this happens every year Xd
worm and learn

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 10:17 PM »
2) Lag-outs

If one player lags out and returns to the given channel, the game should be continued with handicap or restarted.
If a player lags out and is not seen online 10 minutes later, then the game is taken care of by the following rules:
If it was the first game, then the game should not be reported, rather played at another time.
If it was the second game and the loser of the first game was seemingly losing the second game too, it can be reported. At any other occasion the moderators will decide about the outcome of the game, after it is posted to the forum's League Complaints section.
Moderators will never decide about the outcome of a game considering the skills of the players. Always the state of the game is what the moderators consider.

This is f@#!ing stupid.
Surely someone with half a brain can come to a conclusion of how the game was going to turn out.
We just had a match for T17 where one player dropped in SD, while the water was half way up, that's a lot of time to get to that point.  The player that dropped had one worm, completely out of place.
And because this guy has shit internet we have to suffer when we clearly had the advantage, at least, weapon wise...

This is f@#!ed.  If I'm losing I'll just pull my plug out, no worries game will have to be remade..
Joke.
Joke league.

Ok sorry, but I'm going on a rant here.

Why on earth is this scheme even within the choices of a league?
Every game I have played of this has lead to the same conclusion, idiotic.

I have not seen one person demonstrate any skills what so ever in this scheme.  So far it's been a F10 (Petrol Bomb) fest.  Random starting positions (stupid), random mine placement.  I cannot grasp even in the slightest why this scheme is freely available on a Worms Armageddon league.  No offence to whoever made it (KRD?), it's just not League Worthy, it seems like a fun type of scheme for new players.

I can understand wanting to get new players to start playing and all, but it feels like I left an awesome community full of talented players to come back to very bad players.  I mean when I first got into leagues and all that I had to learn the hard way, I welcomed the challenge.  I'm just having a rant because it is putting me off playing worms... already, after such a short time coming back.  I'm very tempted to quit worms again, or avoid TUS games.

Thoughts? Also remove Lucker, sorry, Roper.

I have no issues losing to elites, BnGs, RR's etc. :-)

Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.