Forums
May 09, 2024, 09:37 PM

Author Topic: League change  (Read 6502 times)

Offline Peja

League change
« on: April 11, 2012, 09:00 PM »
i decided to create a new topic for the discussions about changing leagues in the hysteria thread:

My idea, guess i already wrote it some time ago:

delete classic league >>> make individuell playoffs for every scheme which is currently in classic.

give the organisation of handling playoffs etc to a few people who are really dedicated for their scheme.

if there are 2 less games for po nvm, less work for the guys to organize.

create new allround league:

i would suggest to use the schemes elite/bng/ttrr/roper: play each scheme once: if theres a winner for exampel 3 points/ draw 1 point each player

the league should be subdivided into separete divisions (A;B;C;D) considering the skill of the people. > for example use the current overall stats for the first pairing (would be fair to the effort people already put into this)

best players in A division go for playoffs, worst go down to the division below.

you need to play a minimum number of games aginst opponents in your division to reach playoff or to advance into an higher division or to stay in your current division. (maybe a less big number to stay as to advance)

to avoid less games cause of inactivity make a very season (like 6 or 3  months)

you also should be able to play vs people  from other groups, of course this game should be rated different. like -0,5 points for every division the player is below you and + 0.5 for each division the player is above you.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 09:04 PM by Peja »
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
Re: League change
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 09:42 PM »
did we really need a new thread?
anyway, as I said in the other thread, you only need 5 ratings, for the 5 skillsets that make a good all arounder:

-roper,wxw
-bng
-elite
-rr
-shopper, t17

the league stays the same, because this is a league after all and surely you want at least a main league to see who the best all arounder is? Or does that not matter anymore in the community (please enlighten me). All these 5 ratings make your overall rating, and playoffs are directly taken from overall rating. you can check your individual ratings and your standings for any of those skills / schemes if you're only interested in that
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 09:45 PM »
this all seems rather drastic, all from a little whine by twistah about hyst... still

shared ratings for wxw/roper and shopper/t17... The schemes are completely different, especially shopper and t17...  being a good shopper player by no means makes you any good at a default scheme like t17... unless im missing something here, which I dont think I am :/
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 09:49 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline Peja

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 10:03 PM »
somehow i made a big fail, can someone pls delete this?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 10:16 PM by Peja »

Offline Peja

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 10:15 PM »
did we really need a new thread?
anyway, as I said in the other thread, you only need 5 ratings, for the 5 skillsets that make a good all arounder:

-roper,wxw
-bng
-elite
-rr
-shopper, t17

the league stays the same, because this is a league after all and surely you want at least a main league to see who the best all arounder is? Or does that not matter anymore in the community (please enlighten me). All these 5 ratings make your overall rating, and playoffs are directly taken from overall rating. you can check your individual ratings and your standings for any of those skills / schemes if you're only interested in that

twistahs topic was about the place of hysteria in classic, last posts were only about new league systems without mentiont he name hysteria >>> we need a new topic.

classic league right now looks weird to me. you have some guys just playing up their fav scheme and for some points to show they have the biggest balls. others are noobashing as hell to reach playoffs. and others just play to have a funny and skillfull game without even reporting.all these different kind of motivations lead to a huge amount of games in the biggest league. but considering all these effects the standings and the playoffs are a joke and dont really show allround skills. i guess the community needs to decide what they want.  a competetive league or the ability to play nice games with some point feature.

all people who just want funny games in their sepcific schemes could play one of the seperate leagues, the ones who want to go for the  best all rounder could play the new allround league i suggested.

of course thats just my personal point of view.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 10:27 PM »
Peja, personally i like changes and tus needs changes.

but i believe that 1 issue each time. There are a lot of ideas in discussing.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 07:48 AM »

the league should be subdivided into separete divisions (A;B;C;D) considering the skill of the people. > for example use the current overall stats for the first pairing (would be fair to the effort people already put into this)

best players in A division go for playoffs, worst go down to the division below.

I rly like this idea, lets force it.

For example player in semi-pro level who play often with stronger players have low winning streak, but he could easy won with many many others,
thats why he is lower in seazon standings then player who just play mostly vs noobs.

We could eliminate avoiders and noob bashers.

We could make for example 3 leagues:

1 Division - over 5000 pts
2 Division - 3000 - 5000 pts
3 Division - less then 3000 pts

I know then there are players who has big skilz and few points but f@#! it.

just sayin  ::)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 07:52 AM »
This idea is good, it's been suggested literally hundreds of times in the past, but it will simply never work for 2 reasons.

There aren't enough players, and timezone variation makes that even worse, we struggle to do 8-32 player cups, this idea would be a disaster.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 07:57 AM »
maybe shorter seazons could fix it?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 09:21 AM »
this all seems rather drastic, all from a little whine by twistah about hyst... still

shared ratings for wxw/roper and shopper/t17... The schemes are completely different, especially shopper and t17...  being a good shopper player by no means makes you any good at a default scheme like t17... unless im missing something here, which I dont think I am :/

What different skills do you need in WxW than you need in Roper? Ability to aim supersheep launchers from rope? It's the same skillset: rope as fast from A to B with just enough time to attack and then use pile tactics on retreats. It's the same scheme, with a couple more weapons (not a big deal since weapon since the emphasis is on getting fast enough to get an attack in.

Shopper and Team17 are also extremely similar. You can come here arguing how roping skill is very important in Shopper. But it isn't. I used to Shop with Chicken all the time (in that short time Shopper got popular in clan matches) because his skills in Team17 and default directly translated to Shopper (if you don't get my point: Chicken sucked at ropes but we beat Ce (a shopper clan) more often than not). People would notice much more similarities if you started playing Team17 in other than double caves or actually started using clever Shopper maps or randoms. Shopper is all about clever use of weapons, it's the main skill of the scheme, it's also the main skill in Team17. They're different the same way indoor football and 11 a side football are different, they have different rules, different timings, and yet they require basically the same skill set bar a few differences.

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline avirex

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 10:44 AM »
wrong.

Offline nino

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 11:57 AM »
somehow i made a big fail, can someone pls delete this?

haha peja, that made me lol.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 08:43 PM »
What different skills do you need in WxW than you need in Roper? Ability to aim supersheep launchers from rope? It's the same skillset: rope as fast from A to B with just enough time to attack and then use pile tactics on retreats. It's the same scheme, with a couple more weapons (not a big deal since weapon since the emphasis is on getting fast enough to get an attack in.

the schemes are similar yes, wxw requires a different style of roping to roper, wxw has many more weps, yeh essentially the skills are the same, but the schemes are undeniably different and should not be classed as the same scheme, no way.

Shopper and Team17 are also extremely similar. You can come here arguing how roping skill is very important in Shopper. But it isn't. I used to Shop with Chicken all the time (in that short time Shopper got popular in clan matches) because his skills in Team17 and default directly translated to Shopper (if you don't get my point: Chicken sucked at ropes but we beat Ce (a shopper clan) more often than not). People would notice much more similarities if you started playing Team17 in other than double caves or actually started using clever Shopper maps or randoms. Shopper is all about clever use of weapons, it's the main skill of the scheme, it's also the main skill in Team17. They're different the same way indoor football and 11 a side football are different, they have different rules, different timings, and yet they require basically the same skill set bar a few differences.

WRONG

the schemes are completely different, the only similarity the 2 schemes share is that you must collect weapons from crates. Overall weapon knowledge is another similarity, yet this is a feature of any scheme that has a broad range of potential weapons.

dude ur SO wrong its just shameful how wrong you are.

Shopper is about roping and attacking consistently, that is all.

Shopper = ROPE, ATTACK, HIDE. Thats IT. THATS IT.

Skills and gameplay characteristics found in team17 THAT ARE NOT PRESENT IN SHOPPER:

Girders, blocking worms to obtain a turn order advantage OR whatever else - DONT NEVER HAPPEN IN SHOPPA

Tactics... diplomacy... Tactics.... diplomacy......

Bluffing, portraying strength by teleporting in reach of an enemy worm even when you dont intend to attack next turn.

BUNGEE - NO HAPPEN IN SHOPA DOES IT, NO BUNGEE SKILL NEEDED IN SHOPPA cos there is no bungee.

Parachute jumping, navigating the map efficiently with the parachute... NO, THAT SKILL SET AINT SHOPPA EITHER IS IT.

Battlerace skills, the ability to navigate the map quickly and efficiently by walking and jumping, NONE OF THIS EVER HAPPENS IN SHOPPER SINCE YOU ROPE EVERYWHERE DONT U.

Sudden death tactics - NO SD IN SHOPPA IS IT, SO U DONT NEED ANY FORWARD PLANNING WITH REGARDS TO THE LATE GAME.

Destructible terrain, BOOM, predicting the amount of damage a certain weapon will inflict on the terrain.

SO MANY MO4R... so OBVIOUS...

dude seriously, why are you talking about chicken... whats that got to do anything. Since you mentioned chicken, and state that team17 skills are directly related to shopper and to be good at one scheme means you'll be good at the other, I can use that same logic to contradict you.

By your logic a good shopper player would be able to beat an experienced team17 player in team17 solely from his shopper experience. THIS DOESNT HAPPEN, EVER! In order to be a good shopper player, you must learn to play shopper. In order to be a good Team17 player, you must learn to play Team17.

There are loads of shopper noobs who could beat random or chicken in a game of shopper, yet if they were to play them in Team17 THEY WOULD FAIL HARD BECAUSE THE SCHEMES ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!

Shopper = roping consistently, rope knocking, doing as much damage as possible, hiding.

Team17 = bluffing, blocking, walking, chuting, digging, predicting, booming, destructible terraining, forward planning, jumping, bungeeing, preparation for a dramatic change in gameplay dynamics as sudden death begins... dude... the schemes are completely different so apologise for your wrong doing and stop this crazy talk right now.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:38 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 09:34 PM »

There are loads of shopper noobs who could beat random or chicken in a game of shopper,

this is why we can't have good arguments
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2012, 09:34 PM »
Guys, take a break from TUS/WA.
Seriously, look at yourselves.