Forums
May 20, 2024, 01:57 PM

Author Topic: League change  (Read 6522 times)

Re: League change
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 09:41 PM »
this is why we can't have good arguments

Good you accept you were very wrong to state Team17 and Shopper are almost identical schemes.

And Darkone, seriously why post that? I havent played worms or tus in the last 5 days, I just got home from work and saw ropa spouting some BS about how Team17 is the same as shoppa and put him right, no break is necessary, providing a fool proof argument to prove a foolish statement wrong, on a worms forum where matters like this are meant to be discussed is nothing I should feel bad about. If you dont wanna join in the debate, cool, dont tell others to stop though, yeh.
worm and learn

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 09:49 PM »
And Darkone, seriously why post that?

Because I think you need a break. 5 days apparently isn't long enough.
But don't worry, you're not the only one.

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 09:52 PM »
please explain why I need a break... for using common sense to explain why team17 is not identical to shopper as ropa claims... I dont.

SURE

my post was A BIT SILLY WITH CAPS and

gaps between lines....

n things...

but the points I made were valid and true and needed to be said.
worm and learn

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 10:03 PM »
agreed with NAiL... but don't know why there is even a debate on it.. like NAiL said, ropa was dead wrong with that, which is sad, cos he is supposed to be the cocky wormer dick who is usually right underneath it all.. losing that title it seems  ::)
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline avirex

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 11:05 PM »
Ropa just wants some kind of debate, no matter if he gives a shit or not... He is the new komo.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 06:15 AM »
There is NOTHING wrong with putting alot of effort into even a very very small issue that doesn't affect alot of people, but affects you personally.

Nail has the right idea, I feel it's shocking what D1 said to him...

I find it ridiculously %$&*in funny how some of the very same people, who believe murderers etc deserve a second chance, are the same people creating such a big fuss and show such hatred towards people who like to explain things in great detail being brutally honest and telling the truth, when you sugarcoat things it holds you back, it's a waste of your own time, just get to the point and be honest, no matter what the cost.

Like lol, this girl at my work, on Tuesday night, we were having a conversation about Juice, cuz the shop made an error and had Coca Cola big bottles at 37p each lol, so I bought 12 of them, and she was asking if theres any left, and I said yeah, theres diet coke as well, and she said "do I look like i drink diet coke" (which is her basically calling herself fat, that's what it really means, don't think it means anything else cuz it %$&*in doesn't, it also means she doesn't drink diet coke) so i said, "how? i'm fatter than you and I like diet coke, I jus like the fat b*$t%^d stuff better" and the other women says like "what are you trying to say like, are you saying she's fat?" and I said "What do you mean AM I SAYING, she is fat it's a fact(then I lol'd) ".

Hmm, their faces dropped then they done that gasp thing, and I was thinkin like, what? why the hell did you ask then, I ain't gonna say she isn't fat, she's gonna think she isn't fat and end up getting even fatter, least now she knows she might do something about it lol.

People at my work n that were calling me fat for like 2 years and I'm like so what, i've been drinking heavily for the last couple years having a bawl, now i'm losing weight cuz I noticed it got out of hand, due to the fact people were pointing it out, at one point one guy even played roy chubby browns "you fat bastard, you fat bastard" theme song over the tannoy for me, which was actually hilarious, I took a bow and everything, was great :) couldn't touch my toes though...

Now people are telling me, you lost weight, and when I shaved for the 1st time in 2 months got a new haircut n that they all telling me, you look good man, my aunts and uncles asking me what my secret is n stuff, i'm still chubby like but I think i'll be back to normal by next summer naturally, the healthiest way to lose weight in my opinion, theres no need to rush.

Man it's an unwritten rule fat people can call other fat people fat anyway, I can do the truffle shuffle, so f^*k you xD

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 09:52 AM »
hi shyguy, thanks for the troll. avirex no one with a league has listened to you in 12 years, keep it up.

Now back to the the topic of discussion:

Quote from: Mablak
he main thing that needs adjusting is the relative importance of schemes in the all-round league. Some old schoolers like me want hysteria and shopper removed, though it'd be best for them to at least be playable since we need new players. We should group schemes like this:

Roper/WxW
Elite/Intermediate
Team17/Shopper
BnG/Hysteria
RR

So that clans and players only have 5 areas where they need points. This way, old schoolers wouldn't ever feel forced to pick hysteria or shopper for points, when they can BnG or Team17 instead. The BnG/hysteria grouping kind of combines two schemes that a lot of people really don't want to play, and it slightly lessens their combined effect on ratings. This wouldn't be perfect, but it'd be an improvement :0.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 09:56 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2012, 10:01 AM »
I don't like that idea, then you ruin individual statistics, some people actually play for the sole purpose of 1 scheme they enjoy so much that they can play and not worry about other schemes.

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2012, 02:08 PM »
wasn't a troll. go back and read NAiL's post and pretend i wrote it if it helps
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline avirex

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2012, 12:11 AM »
ropa is the new komo, new and improved ;D

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2012, 12:20 AM »
Oops, miss clicked the thread, wanted to go to the one were Shyguy actually agrees with me on this same topic.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2012, 12:25 AM »
ah right, yeh must've mis clicked cos this is the thread where you got owned by me
worm and learn

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2012, 12:42 AM »
Nail has the right idea, I feel it's shocking what D1 said to him...

tus is making me wanna commit suicide atm so YEH bash it, BASH it all day long
agreed

And I wasn't speaking only about NAiL:

Guys, take a break from TUS/WA.
Seriously, look at yourselves.
Because I think you need a break. 5 days apparently isn't long enough.
But don't worry, you're not the only one.

There are a couple of people that I think need a break from TUS/WA, but I'm not going to force them to take one.
If someone feels I'm talking about them, then perhaps he/she has a reason to think that. Perhaps that person should think about that reason and see if I'm correct rather than disagreeing in a knee-jerk reflex.

Why are you shocked I posted that anyway when in the rest of your post, you're saying there's nothing wrong with speaking your mind?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2012, 01:26 AM »
D1, all I said was "I feel it's shocking" I didn't say you are right or wrong.

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2012, 01:32 AM »
Darkone I said that today, (in jest) AFTER what I said in this thread, YESTERDAY, so dont quote that because its completely irrelevant.

What you just quoted was said AFTER you told me to take a break, so seriously cut that bullshit out please its annoying when you do things like that. I did nothing wrong here, ropa said team17 and shoppa are the near identical schemes, I corrected him. I made valid point in this thread, valid points relevant to an argument that had been made against me as komo also pointed out to you.

You better realise you had no right to tell me I "need a break". seriously overall I like you but you have an annoying habit of patronising fellow wormers when THE DISCUSSION DOESNT EVEN INVOLVE YOU.

You couldnt come back to me yesterday cos U realised that this HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU, and so TODAY you quote me from a thread I posted in TODAY and use it to justify something you said YESTERDAY.

WHAT DID THAT OTHER THREAD HAVE TO DO WITH THIS THREAD? NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL.

Everyone can see thats just BS so apologise to me now and dont do it again. Seriously you're in the wrong here not me, I am not the sort of person to rant about things when im wrong, I ONLY MAKE THESE SORTS OF POSTS when the truth is SO OBVIOUS, SO OBVIOUS, that I have to use this format to highlight just how OBVIOUSLY WRONG YOU ARE.

Learn when to keep your nose out of things that  do not concern you, the argument was constructive. Ropa said shoppa and Team17 are near identical schemes, I corrected him, that is all. No input from you was required, yet you felt the need to tell me and ropa we both need a break from worms. GTFO with you're patronising attitude, its not the first time its happened and I doubt it will be the last, unless you learn now and become a better person because of it, which I hope you do.
worm and learn