Forums
June 03, 2024, 06:12 PM

Author Topic: Random vs Mablak  (Read 3381 times)

Re: Random vs Mablak
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2012, 02:20 PM »
many many times people lose a game not because of being less-skilled than their opponent, but only because they are so scared of their opponent "reputation" that they do many stupid mistakes they normally won't do.
Also happens when someone is famous as good players, newbies concentrate on max and do their best games, or when some pro think that he are to pro pro, he wont focus just cuz he play with nap and think he have no chance to lose  :P

Offline nino

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2012, 03:00 PM »
I know I can beat anyone at any scheme - the sole exception is TTRR - yet I still think Random and Mablak are currently the best allround players. There's nothing wrong with admitting that imo. :P

ye i second that, i can beat mablak or random00 or some schemes too, but they are still much better than me overall, so i dont see the problem at admiting that too.

sorry monkey, but ye random00 and mablak are far ahead of everyone here ( talking in overall view) even zippo which imo was rly greatly skilled, and used to cheat on rr but nvm lol, cant get close to them.

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2012, 04:19 PM »
I'm sorry if all you got from my post was "we shouldn't admit they are good".
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2012, 04:24 PM »
I'm sorry if all you got from my post was "we shouldn't admit they are good".

I understand you MI, and I am pretty sure everyone else does too, also I am pretty certain they are all clued in to the fact Mablak and Random00 are not perfect, they do lose, but they are still that good, and still win most games against all opponents allround schemes, that it doesn't really matter, it's their achievements, that are more impressive than others.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2012, 04:47 PM »
If you look at the statistics, if any of those players I list went and took a season as seriously as Random has done then I don't think random would have as many gold medals.

Im not denying their skill and achievements, I would say they are the best allrounders, but I am merely stating that there have not been enough allrounders who have tried to challange them. If there was I think their records would be different. At the moment Almog is climbing to a near Random level IMO, he is consistently making the playoffs. If Franz, Diana, Artic, Dibz, Dulek, Crash etc etc were all consistently making the playoffs then I think the statistics that we see in tus would be way different. Some of the other great allrounders don't even bother playing tus anymore as they have already reached elite rank or won tus once. Csongi told me he doesnt have much motivation for it after winning a season, that happened to be one where Random didn't qualify. If i was him i'd want to keep on making playoffs to try and knock Random out.

Rather than asking for some best allrounder show down, I think more of the top allrounders should prove that they have what it takes to replicate a record like Random, as MI pointed out. Madden is more consistent than Random because the only season where he wanted to reach playoffs and was active enough, he knocked out Random.

Look at Artic, he beat Random in final and has another final against him. What if Artic wins this?

Random doesn't come up against the same 8 guys in the playoffs each season, which could easly be the case if other top players were more motivated and active.

Mablak hasn't even played tus. He needs to prove himself. I could imagine he wouldn't put a flawless streak together. Think of the level of skill in hysteria that has developed! I've never seen mab play hysteria but all that turn time in inter he is used to may effect those 1 second moves.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:00 PM by Chicken23 »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2012, 04:53 PM »
but I am merely stating that there have not been enough allrounders who have tried to challange them. If there was I think their records would be different.

You nailed it on the head, the reason why they are the best, is because they play more and try harder than anyone else, case closed.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2012, 05:10 PM »
but I am merely stating that there have not been enough allrounders who have tried to challange them. If there was I think their records would be different.

You nailed it on the head, the reason why they are the best, is because they play more and try harder than anyone else, case closed.

I can't argue that. But my point is we could have an amazing amount of competition and a different opinion of who the best is, if other great allrounders really had a go and went for it. If i met Random or Mablak in the playoffs, chances are i'd lose. But through my tus singles record i've only had 1-1's with Random. Better allrounders than myself (And im hardly one cus i cant rr, wxw or rope) have shown they can knock Random out of the PO's. But like you said, these guys have played more and tried harder than those names i listed.

However i think the clan league is wide open and no one dominates that. Making it the best thing EVER. I sometimes look at worm players like snooker and tennis players. Everyone has peaks and dips you know?

And yea, it would be nice to see mab and random fight, but id much rather see it in a tus singles playoff, and see other people try just a hard than take the mindset that no one will be as good as them which i felt was the direction of this topic because i don't believe that. Anyone can be just as good as Random or Mablak if they try hard enough. And maybe one day i'll learn to RR.. when pigs fly.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:13 PM by Chicken23 »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2012, 05:16 PM »
Yeah, you are totally right mate, and I think it would be potentially magnificent to see all the players you mentioned, including mab/randy, go head to head in some sort of super playoffs, that was live streamed from darKz office of doom :)

Offline Peja

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2012, 05:28 PM »
And maybe one day i'll learn to RR.. when pigs fly.

heres the proof

time to learn rr  ;D
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Lukz

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2012, 06:46 PM »
i will be in holidays in 2 weeks and i will can to play :D

i want see u mablak in next PO and too u random (and here xD)

sapifel

Offline sock

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2012, 10:13 PM »
 :)

Offline avirex

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2012, 02:10 AM »
Chicken, your trying to make a point that if other top allarounders played and competed more maybe randoms statistics would not be as impressive..

Your right.

But I still think mablak and random are currently the best, and most consistant...

And I also think mablak is the best period.. I'm pretty sure he will beat random with np.. But thats just my opinion..

But yes chicken, your right.. There are other good all arounders, including almog ;)