45 (15.8%)
Shopper
24 (8.4%)
BnG
21 (7.4%)
WxW
29 (10.2%)

Total Members Voted: 189

Author Topic: Next scheme for TRL  (Read 14066 times)

Re: Next scheme for TRL
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2011, 01:02 PM »
Cue, why don't you start up a TTRR League of your own then lol, you are starting to act like me with BnG, but for TTRR xD

Nahh it's all good.

Just I had proposed a dedicated ttrr league, which then got relegated to the possibility of the next TRL.  And now that's not going to happen.

Oh well.  Starting to lose interest anyway so no matter and there seems to be only a handful of truly dedicated ttrr players anyway.

Hysteria for the win!

Offline darKz

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2011, 02:09 PM »
I'd play in a TTRR league if I had a level good enough to actually win most of my games. Since that's not the case I'd refrain from playing because it's frustrating losing over and over. :D TTRR is a difficult scheme for a league of its own imo, there's a group of 8-10 players who are very strong at the scheme, the rest of the players would only be their prey... That's what I think. ;)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2011, 02:22 PM »
I haven't forgotten about the separate TTRR league and I've thought about making it for TTRR's sake and the level of competition it could bring and lift.

About TRL, I believe I made a good move making it a rotated league, because it dropped activity considerably in the second season despite the fact that people were shouting "If Elite has a separate league why not Roper".

As you mentioned, there are handful of players fully dedicated to TTRR and I think there's great chance it drops activity after first season. That's why TRL seems to be a better place to host.

The vote has not ended yet and there's much time. I've seen people changing their vote and also people who really care about TTRR can convince others to change their vote to TTRR. The good thing about hysteria players is that they enjoy hysteria pretty much everywhere. Other schemes' fans seem to care more about "where" their games/points are getting submitted. I don't think changing votes could be that hard.

All the things I said aside, there's possibility I create TTRR league just for TTRR competition level sake.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2011, 02:56 PM »
I'd play in a TTRR league if I had a level good enough to actually win most of my games. Since that's not the case I'd refrain from playing because it's frustrating losing over and over. :D TTRR is a difficult scheme for a league of its own imo, there's a group of 8-10 players who are very strong at the scheme, the rest of the players would only be their prey... That's what I think. ;)

I think you're probably right.  I'm sure there's a lot like you too.

A hysteria league would be 100 times more popular and everyone has more of a chance to succeed.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2011, 03:29 PM »
It's like, ThaShady1 went absolutely nuts for TRL(Roper) in the 1st place, and never played the damn thing, it's an embarassment and in my opinion completely disrespectful to MI and a waste of his time...

You're f@#!ing stupid and the best thing for stupid people to do is keep there mouths shut when they don't know what they are talking about.

Many people wanted a roper league and I'm just glad I could help get one going so many people could have fun playing in it. I'm not as self centered as you and everything I do does not need to be done just for my own benefit. MI did not make trl for me.

If you must know, I have a chronic shoulder injury that needs surgery and which makes roping tough and not as enjoyable for me at the moment.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2011, 08:35 PM »
It's like, ThaShady1 went absolutely nuts for TRL(Roper) in the 1st place, and never played the damn thing, it's an embarassment and in my opinion completely disrespectful to MI and a waste of his time...

You're f@#!ing stupid and the best thing for stupid people to do is keep there mouths shut when they don't know what they are talking about.

Many people wanted a roper league and I'm just glad I could help get one going so many people could have fun playing in it. I'm not as self centered as you and everything I do does not need to be done just for my own benefit. MI did not make trl for me.

If you must know, I have a chronic shoulder injury that needs surgery and which makes roping tough and not as enjoyable for me at the moment.

Whatever, your lazy.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2011, 08:56 PM »

Enough said.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2011, 09:33 PM »
Whatever, your lazy.

You're lazy.

Offline K1NG

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2011, 12:25 AM »
if Hysteria wins... won't be fun... every1 using telecow which means NOT fair play

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2011, 12:45 AM »
if Hysteria wins... won't be fun... every1 using telecow which means NOT fair play

Well it would be fair because you can use that tactic too.  But it sounds like you don't like using cheap tactics like that.

Perhaps people could agree before the game if telecows are acceptable or not.  That could avoid some frustration.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2011, 06:36 AM »
Whatever, your lazy.

You're lazy.

Shutup Cue you ponce lol, how the f@#! is that? I have done and do alot more than Shady ever has/ever will. (in WA)

Plus he's talking pish, he talked about how much he wanted a Roper League, yes he suggested so many others wanted it, but he was the person who seemed most excited and who wanted a Roper League more than anyone, and when the League comes, he doesn't even play it, he's pathetic lol, giving crap about a surgery, funny how he manages to play lots of Roper Clanners for mm.

MI said if Roper was active enough it would stay Roper, every single person who put most effort into getting TRL in the 1st place, are the ones who let it down, and that's the main reason I quit the TRL Playoffs, franz is telling me to try and finish them but it's my choice, theres like 3 or 4 people who actually REALLY want TRL to be TuS Roper League, and who played alot of games, I can't be bothered playing anymore because theres no Overall Standings, that, and no one gives a crap, especially the person who made TRL happen (TheStupid1).

You know what, i'm gonna support TTRR as much as I can, cuz at least I know Cue and Dulek, Nail and Madden actually follow through with promises and they keep their word.

Offline darKz

« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2011, 09:31 AM »
Cue was talking about your grammar laziness. :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2011, 09:53 AM »
See, this is why we can't have nice things :( Can we get over this now and start going back on topic about what the new scheme is going to be? Please don't make me fire up IRC's trout slapping machine :)

If you are worried about that (and please stop using the term telecow, it's not an appropriate term), try playing hysteria with the scheme I'm proposing in this cup: https://www.tus-wa.com/cups/cup-125/
If the scheme sucks, it'll die a horrible death, but if enough people like the new scheme, you never know! It might just start off some change.

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2011, 09:59 AM »
Whatever, your lazy.

You're lazy.

Shutup Cue you ponce lol,

Yeah, I just meant you wrote your instead of you're.  I know you're not lazy!

Back on topic!  :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2011, 10:25 AM »
Lol Cue, normally people put a * after a grammar correction, I actually thought I had typed you're, lol, cheers for the heads up haha.

Now excuse me while I go slap myself awake thousand times for being so f@#!ing tired not to notice this !

I'm very sorry Cueshark...