45 (15.8%)
Shopper
24 (8.4%)
BnG
21 (7.4%)
WxW
29 (10.2%)

Total Members Voted: 189

Author Topic: Next scheme for TRL  (Read 14075 times)

Re: Next scheme for TRL
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2011, 06:48 PM »
ttrr is on the up! come on rr'ers, pull it back!

Its sad because most people who vote for hyst pick it very often in the classic league. The better rrers cant pick it rr as often as they'd like because they dont get many points for it! There are also more people who would only want to play in a ttrr league, (including players not yet registered to tus) than there are for hyst.

A votes a vote though, I think whatever comes second should definitely be played for the next season. If we keep voting again then its likely the same scheme will be picked next time. Its better to give 55% the chance to enjoy their scheme and then the next season the other 45% the chance to enjoy theirs, that way more people are made happy!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 06:57 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2011, 07:09 PM »
Its sad because most people who vote for hyst pick it very often in the classic league. The better rrers cant pick it rr as often as they'd like because they dont get many points for it!

I honestly don't understand this point. People can pick what they want and points be damned. If you choose to care more about points than about the fun you're having in games, then that's your choice. But if the points are what matter most, then you're not that hardcore a RR player anyway, so there's no damage done.

If Ryan were to become extremely active at this again and would make the best out of the RR he can get at TUS, I assure you that he will pick RR and points be damned.

Offline Husk

« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2011, 07:15 PM »
aww rr voters be butthurt? XD

« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2011, 09:53 PM »
I honestly don't understand this point. People can pick what they want and points be damned. If you choose to care more about points than about the fun you're having in games, then that's your choice. But if the points are what matter most, then you're not that hardcore a RR player anyway, so there's no damage done.

People also want points so they can make the playoffs, its fun playing games when you can get points. People play funners all the time to enjoy a scheme and they still enjoy the scheme when they are playing for a league. However if you are set to win 5 points and lose 70 for a game, its less encouraging to pick that scheme.

Why do you think there is an analyser? Many players pick schemes relative to the points they will win or lose in that scheme. If you think that people only pick ONLY because of the enjoyment then you don't really understand the concept of a league. Why bother making an analyser if people shouldnt worry about points?

How does thinking about points make you any less of a "hardcore" player. How does getting an easy win from a player with little points in ttrr make you a "hardcore rrer"?

:/
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 10:49 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2011, 11:27 PM »
People also want points so they can make the playoffs, its fun playing games when you can get points. People play funners all the time to enjoy a scheme and they still enjoy the scheme when they are playing for a league. However if you are set to win 5 points and lose 70 for a game, its less encouraging to pick that scheme.

Why do you think there is an analyser? Many players pick schemes relative to the points they will win or lose in that scheme. If you think that people only pick ONLY because of the enjoyment then you don't really understand the concept of a league. Why bother making an analyser if people shouldnt worry about points?

How does thinking about points make you any less of a "hardcore" player. How does getting an easy win from a player with little points in ttrr make you a "hardcore rrer"?

:/

A hardcore RRer plays RR, so that he can play RR and points be damned. For some people, the league is not about getting into playoffs, but rather to find people for competitive playing. I used to count myself among the hardcore RRers (though perhaps I never quite made it to the top skillwise) and if there was a less skilled player in the game, I usually tried to help that player get better.
Other people get their entertainment from trying to be among the best. The analysers are for them. For people that just want to play their favourite schemes, the analyser is not very useful. I know I never let points decide on what scheme a clanner should be :) Playing a fun game is much more important to me than winning (though winning is nice, of course).

That's not to say there's something wrong with the play-off oriented attitude. I'm just saying it's a different attitude altogether.

« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2011, 01:22 AM »
You said that by not picking rr because it will result in a small point advantage (due to the other player being less skilled) makes you "less hardcore". I think we can easily agree, that an easy win for little points against a weak opponent by no means makes you any less hardcore. If anything, picking your best scheme over and over again is just lame, and not fun at all. I am a hardcore rr player, I love the scheme. Not picking rr because I dont want to gain small points from an easy win does not make me any less hardcore, the opposite is true. I hope you understand that now.

Secondly, most players consider points when choosing a game, thats what the analyser is there for. People play funners for pure enjoyment, people like to play competitively for leagues, it is obvious they will consider points. This doesnt mean they enjoy the game any less than someone who "doesnt care about points". Clans almost always check the anaylser before every game, it makes sense, its a league that we are playing competitively in.
worm and learn

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2011, 06:36 AM »
MI, what is the point of having a vote, if you are maybe going to just make TRL TTRR next Season? I voted for Hysteria, and i'd be pretty pissed off, as I am sure other people would be, if TTRR is the scheme that becomes the next TRL scheme.

I think Nails idea is best, take 1st/2nd and 3rd/4th too even maybe, and make those as the future TRL schemes over the next 2/3/4 Seasons.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2011, 07:30 AM »
I said separate league for TTRR, not the next scheme of TRL.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline CMV

« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2011, 07:48 AM »
Why bother keeping a classic league up, too? Just make a seperate league for every scheme.
SÜN
SÜN
SÜÜÜN

Offline Anubis

« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2011, 07:59 AM »
I'd like to see that too. Don't think we had something like that before at all.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2011, 08:03 AM »
I'd like to see you get active too. When's that gonna happen Anubis?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ramone

« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2011, 12:13 PM »
...Just make a seperate league for every scheme.

That's the idea that I've purposed so long time ago... but there was no one around to hear my prophetic words!!! And that thing is gonna happen one day, mark my words! ;x

Btw, hi MI <3
Sry for being inactive  :'(

Offline darKz

« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2011, 12:19 PM »

Cheers for the initiative MI. ;)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Anubis

« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2011, 07:33 AM »

:)

I don't know, I just can't really get into Worms anymore, the time I have not played this game is just so long that my overall skills suffered quite a lot.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2011, 07:35 AM »
Skill, schmill! We wanna enjoy playing each other.