Forums
May 16, 2024, 01:34 PM

Author Topic: Semi All-Rounder for hire?  (Read 4086 times)

Offline chakkman

Re: Semi All-Rounder for hire?
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2012, 05:15 PM »
Producing music requires such skills and knowledge that only a very few of us would be able to learn. Not to mention that that, "my friend", has nothing to do with music. Music is done with instruments, not a computer and some softwares.

Please attach those references from those professional music producers.
Ray, that's a narrow-minded and prejudiced opinion that i seriously didn't expect from you. :) Producing electronic music requires just as much musical skills as composing classic music, rock music or anything else which can be crated by instruments. And even more imo, imagine you could make a guitar or a violin sound like basically anything you can imagine, just like when you deisgn sounds with synthesizer. Hans Zimmer for instance, one of the most famous film soundtrack composers, almost entirely uses software to compose his stuff.

Not to mention that this is surely not a topic an internet forum argument has to rise about of course. :P

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2012, 07:21 AM »
I don't mind Ray having his own opinion, I am just a bit insulted the fact it's so untrue, and i've worked harder on music than anything in my life.

Thanks franz :)

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2012, 08:05 AM »
[offtopic]
Shit, I just listenned to your music after all this "your music is crap" thingy and I like it.. But you are not a professional, what should I do doc ?
[/offtopic]

I think it is lame also komo. You said somewhere something about the stress playing clanner. Maybe you should give a try to play in a less competitive clan.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2012, 09:22 AM »
I never said I was a professional lol, I said other professionals have said my music is sounding professional now, to be more specific, they said I now have the skills and knowledge of technique needed to produce certain genres of music that I enjoy professionally, I asked one guy through PM if he thought my music was professional enough to make money(just out of curiosity, I am not in it for the money) and to quote he said, "I have no doubt you'll be able to earn money on your music with your enthusiasm."

I know if I keep at it and always have this passion, I will be professional, I only have a very small fanbase now lol, but it means the world and more to me :)

Back to topic, I am sure i'll figure something out :)

Offline darKz

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2012, 09:27 AM »
Don't let it get to you Dave, I share Ray's opinion to some extent but in fact electronic music also requires certain skills, very different ones from playing actual instruments but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's "so much easier". :)

You're doing a good job, and I'm sure you'll solve your clanner issues too.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline style

« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2012, 09:33 AM »
Every producer or beatmaker is on cocaine for sure! Try it, thanks me later. xD

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2012, 09:41 AM »
darKz, how can you compare playing the actual instruments with music composing? I don't care if the greatest electronic music producers can play piano or guitar. It's like saying architects are better than engineers/builders. So obvious things... and yes, tastes differ.

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win