Forums
May 03, 2024, 06:18 AM

Author Topic: no rules WxW, or how to use chaos for your needs  (Read 940 times)

no rules WxW, or how to use chaos for your needs
« on: January 08, 2014, 04:00 PM »
here is wxw rules: wba cba. And once you cow you have to skip next turn and even get a crate. At first sight it sounds quite fair. Im gonna explain why I think its nonsense.

Situation A
Imagine clanner, team1 have 2 average players, team2 have pro and newbie. pro put a hard map so  team1 attacks 60% of turns, pro attacks 95% of turns and newbie, how many times newbie can attack? By following rules he cant make a single shot, so why not attack without wba rule for newbie? attack and then skip next turn and then attack again and keep it till the end of the game. Rules says once you skip your soul is clear so you can make even 20 cows in a game and it will be fair since you skip 20 times after each cow.

sounds like a total mess? Rules allows you to do that. First off because player who cow is the only one who have to skip. Is there any sense? Its like you made a bad thing so you dont playing next turn. And what if I make a cow, and then suicide. Im dead so there is nobody to skip, sorry? IMO if you cow your mate gotta skip, so turn order will be observed. cow -> skip. Now its cow -> another attack -> skip,

Situation  B
Game almost finished.. last team1 worm have 100 hp while team2 have 1 worm from each player with 50hp.
team2 player have turn, he see that he got not enough time to attack so he just cowing, then his mate kills him so turn order didnt even let skip to cower. Rules allows you to do that, and without that cow team2 would obviously lost a game

Situation C
single/clanner wxw
There is possibility to knock 3 opponent worms to the barrel, but it will take around 25 second to knock, ofc if you will touch all the walls you dont have time to knock, but stop, you gonna inflict like 400hp dmg and just skip next turn. Rules allows you to do that. Just take care to dont kill your opponent with cow, otherwise winning complaint gonna be much harder :D

my suggestion:
2 cow=gg
your mate skip if you cow
kill with cow=gg

Offline chakkman

Re: no rules WxW, or how to use chaos for your needs
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 04:10 PM »
sounds like a total mess?
Your post does.

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 04:20 PM »
sounds like a total mess?
Your post does.
i know xD
still you can see my point

Offline chakkman

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 04:58 PM »
Well, first of all, cows usually happen very rarely, and i haven't played anyway cowing intentionally so far (unless he doesn't want to play bad loser, and cows on the last turn...). The second thing is, imo you can't calculate with theoretic things like "Player A will attack 95% of the times", "Player B will attack 50% of the times" etc. In reality, it will be different anyway, and player A can have a bad day, or player B a grand day. And my last point would be that too much scheme changes, like the ones proposed here lately, never help. You see how BnG scheme already got raped, because of players constantly having to nag about anything in it.

That said, 3 cows=gg wouldn't be such a bad idea though maybe, to avoid exploiting it. I don't think anyone would accidentally cow 3 times in a game. :)

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 05:40 PM »
following your logic the situation will change into:

pro cows, noob skips (he is useless anyway), pro cows, noob skips, etc xD

I think there is already a rule about max number of cows.

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Peja

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 05:51 PM »
I think there is already a rule about max number of cows.

you think wrong:)

https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-8/
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 05:59 PM »
following your logic the situation will change into:

pro cows, noob skips (he is useless anyway), pro cows, noob skips, etc xD
following my logic successively abusing of rules will be forbidden by cows limit