Forums
May 02, 2024, 09:04 AM

Author Topic: Overall reset only Classic?  (Read 2290 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Overall reset only Classic?
« on: June 06, 2016, 10:20 AM »
Will TFL overall be reset at end of the Season also?

And what about the other parts? Challenges/Tournaments/Cups?

TUS started 3-4 years before some players even started playing :D

Personally thought everything was going to be reset, could we have some clarification on what is and isn't being reset?

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Overall reset only Classic?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 10:41 AM »
I don't think TFL needs a reset. It's mostly a league for casual matches and it's not that competitive.

Do we need reset for Tournaments/Cups? You're the first one to ask. Gotta see what others think.

In challenges you are able to beat previous challenges records. So for someone starting new, he can view expired challenges and submit his record. In challenges you can deduct points from a record holder and add it to your own.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 11:07 AM »
I don't think TFL needs a reset. It's mostly a league for casual matches and it's not that competitive.

Classic is mostly casual matches too lol, certainly if you look at the amount of players, and how many take it very seriously.

I saw Chelsea and Piki1802 posting in Shoutbox few days ago they thought TFL would be reset also :D

Do we need reset for Tournaments/Cups? You're the first one to ask. Gotta see what others think.

Sure, the standings aren't as popular as Classic/Free, but still I think they deserve a reset too :/

In challenges you are able to beat previous challenges records. So for someone starting new, he can view expired challenges and submit his record. In challenges you can deduct points from a record holder and add it to your own.

Yeah, that makes sense it works differently from others :)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 11:09 AM »
Why is everything mutually exclusive?

Nothing is stopping TUS from having an historic/hall of fame rankings that never reset for whatever (leagues, cups, challenges, etc) but every year (or whatever) everything "resets" and gets moved to those parallel historic rankings.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Triad

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 11:25 AM »
Resetting challenges is meaningless. Tournament and Cups tbh most people looks at the medals they got instead points they have. Resetting other leagues makes sense.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 01:21 PM »
YES for reset free league
HAL/TEL/TRL -> I dunno  (and don't care)
CUPS/TOURNEYS/CHALLENGES -> NO

Offline spleen17

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 01:45 PM »
Do we even need free league atm? I would say just disable it for a while.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 03:45 PM »
Do we even need free league atm? I would say just disable it for a while.

Ye, that's also good idea :)

Offline Kradie

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 04:13 PM »
I want post reset, Komodo has way too much posts.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 04:23 PM »

We can also reset karma :)

Offline Kradie

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 04:43 PM »

We can also reset karma :)

I don't even know my Karma. I disabled it because my karma suddenly increased for stupid reasons XD

But yeah, resetting or removing Karma system would be good.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 05:22 PM »
Lets erase all members and clans/communities, and start everything from scratch xD

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2016, 06:02 PM »
I don't even know my Karma. I disabled it because my karma suddenly increased for stupid reasons XD

But yeah, resetting or removing Karma system would be good.

haha :D I also did it long time ago :) HIGH FIVE :)

Offline Maciej

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2016, 07:00 PM »
Who cares about TFL and other shits. Delete it and people will start respect this league.

Offline Triad

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2016, 08:11 PM »
Yeah, in my opinion:
> Disable all leagues but Classic and don't enable them until a good amount of people wants it back.
> Use Cups and Tournaments for beloved free schemes.
> Don't touch Tournaments, Cups and Challenges.