Forums
April 28, 2024, 08:54 PM

Author Topic: Playoffs  (Read 5287 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Playoffs
« on: November 28, 2008, 04:28 PM »
I say we have 3 playoffs at the end of each season :

Total playoffs
Classic playoffs
Free playoffs

First 8 players in each stats play together in a knockout.
1 game (scheme) for each game.
And site choose that scheme for their games.

What do you think?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Rok

Re: Playoffs
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 05:38 PM »
I think:

2 playoffs, classic and free.

At least 30 games played and 50% winning percentage to enter the playoffs.

Best of five, higher ranked player/clan gets to pick first.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 05:41 PM by Rok »
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Ray

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 10:15 PM »
Rok is right, as it was in every league so far.
But I prefer having PO only for the "classic" league.

Offline Rioter

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 11:11 PM »
Sounds like a good idea.

And I agree with Rok - keep the playoff's separate of each other.

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 01:31 AM »
I think:

2 playoffs, classic and free.

At least 30 games played and 50% winning percentage to enter the playoffs.

Best of five, higher ranked player/clan gets to pick first.

Cheers.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 05:27 AM »
So no playoff for total ?

No matter how many people pass "30 games and 50%", They all enter playoff? probably the knockout part would give "free win" when he number is not the root of 2.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Rok

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 11:10 AM »
So no playoff for total ?

No matter how many people pass "30 games and 50%", They all enter playoff? probably the knockout part would give "free win" when he number is not the root of 2.

No playoff for total, it doesn't make sense to me.
The best 8 players that meet the mentioned criteria would enter playoffs, MI.

P.S. Karma applaud for Van coz he picks good quotes  ;D

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 12:32 PM »
No playoff for total, it doesn't make sense to me.

hmm why doesn't make any sense to you?
In total playoff, system will choose between 19 schemes for each their game.
In classic system will choose over 8 schemes
In free system will choose over 11 schemes.

Unless  I don't see your point of view ^^

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 01:05 PM »
first do like rok said coz u will have inactivity prob too  :o

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 01:12 PM »
Because classic league is league which is/will be played the most, therefore it's most prestigue to win season, having 'total league PO' screws that up considering it even sounds like it's more important than classic, (total PO winner>classic PO winner).
There's no total league, there shouldn't be total PO.

1 random game for each round? Great, that won't never state who is the best player (woo, you can even get hysteria game in final, in classic league, imagine that ;X)

I completely agree with rok on this one, system was good, there's no point in changing it. Oh, and yay for conservatists.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 01:37 PM »
hmm it's even possible one random scheme for each game.
But I guess for each round is better.

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 03:16 PM »
best of 5 always worked out good, with the person with better standings picking the first scheme, maybe best of 7 since intermediate and hysteria are now in it, and i think you should have 8 players in the playoffs, if u think u need more 14 would probably work out too if you get too many people in it it will never get finished

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 03:36 PM »
Best of 5 for each game? or 7 ? Isn't that a lot?
If we're gonna leave the number of people which gonna take part in playoffs (50% won and 30 games played at least) open, Then best of some games wouldn't work and make it long. I guess one would be enough.

Offline pr

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 04:04 PM »
Best of 5 for each game? or 7 ? Isn't that a lot?
If we're gonna leave the number of people which gonna take part in playoffs (50% won and 30 games played at least) open, Then best of some games wouldn't work and make it long. I guess one would be enough.

bo5 is good for me

Offline Rok

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 04:35 PM »
@Monkeyisland: Again, top 8 OF THOSE who played at least 30 games and bla bla...

I strongly believe only 1 game per round is a mistake - afterall, a concept of a league is to determine who's a better allrounder, not who's better at, let's say, randomly picked hysteria with random placing as a cherry on top :/

Aren't tourneys the place for 1 game rounds?