Forums
April 27, 2024, 11:39 AM

Author Topic: Push it to the limit  (Read 603 times)

Offline KinslayeR

Push it to the limit
« on: November 30, 2023, 10:29 PM »
me + dibzor = limit.  Raise to 1000 should be enough, for couple days at least...

Re: Push it to the limit
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023, 12:26 AM »
Seconded

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 05:54 PM »
Can You @MonkeyIsland ??

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2023, 06:31 PM »
50 games per player per season is enough. Don't you think?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2023, 07:07 PM »
50 games per player per season is enough. Don't you think?

nah,  in the era of "dead" worms we should not punish ppl and impose on them any limits.  50 games per day should be fair enough. Season just started and we can not play anymore. Sad

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2023, 01:59 AM »
I kind of agree with this. Is there a theoretical or practical reason behind why the rating system couldn't handle an infinite number of matches between any two players within a season? Even simpler Elo-like rating systems are pretty good at accounting for newbie bashing and eventually award like no points if you keep bashing the same player. And if that player ever wins even once, the punishment for the newbie basher is severe. But if it's about padding win streaks... well, win streaks don't really do anything to get you into playoffs, right? They're just there to look pretty on TUS, so we shouldn't care too much about them in the first place. And if you really wanted to, you could pad them insanely under the current 50 match limit anyway.

At the very least, if there's some reason I'm not thinking of right now, the limit could be removed for pairs of players who are (currently?) both above the starting seasonal rating, maybe? Would that break anything?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 02:02 AM by KoreanRedDragon »

Offline nino

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2023, 06:33 PM »
it does not matter, you both better decrease the amount of game or the governament gonna get into your house by force and present you guys someting called WORK!

lol jk could not lose the joke but and also iam jelly cos i cant do it anymore  ;D
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.