Forums
May 15, 2024, 11:00 PM

Author Topic: Random!  (Read 2411 times)

Offline DarKxXxLorD

Random!
« on: May 06, 2010, 07:43 AM »
It is possible to improve league, having made so-called random-start. Players not solve, they will play what schemes, for them it will make a lot! Essentially diversifies and will balance game!

It is possible to enter it as the test, for choice both participants.

For classical league - that one came across "normal" and one "rope" schemes. Realisation - Javascript I think enough.

This undoubtedly ideal decision, think!  ::)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 07:46 AM by DarKxXxLorD »

Offline sp3k

Re: Random!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 08:22 AM »
Think you need to find a better translator.
 :-X

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 10:30 AM »
He maybe means to make 2 random "picks".
One default and one rope: so winners have to report replays of those schemes.

PS: Which is a great idea, a very nice idea.
It would prevent players from picking everytime their best schemes.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:32 AM by Abnaxus »
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 10:41 AM »
I had a bit trouble reading his post. So he means we remove the 'scheme picking' style, and change it to random scheme picking?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline HHC

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 11:03 AM »
There are people who simply don't want to play any rope schemes, I doubt they'd be pleased with this solution.

Offline Ray

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 11:14 AM »
Besides, it's called pick because the players pick them.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 12:30 PM »
I had a bit trouble reading his post. So he means we remove the 'scheme picking' style, and change it to random scheme picking?
I'm not sure now he edited. But anyway, the idea is still up (if you can move it to another topic, would be great).

There are people who simply don't want to play any rope schemes, I doubt they'd be pleased with this solution.
Isn't TuS an overall league ? So you can be high ranked only if you play decent in every schemes ?
Anyway, if someone doesn't want to play rope but his opponent picks it, he must play (except if he doesn't TuS, but this sucks).

Besides, it's called pick because the players pick them.
That's why there was inverted commas. :)

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 02:26 PM »
just make it like giga liga, if anyone remember it

u join a instant challenger, u get an opponent and 2 schemes, would be great, becos i never find a tus when i ask in ag D;

Offline Ray

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 02:33 PM »
Yes Huren, a similar feature could be added, maybe under the shoutbox. You could enter a challenge, select Classic or Free League, but you wouldn't be able to see who the other challengers are. Then the site would randomly put you together with an opponent.

The only doubt I have is, what are the odds of those games are going to be played? So for example, someone enters the challenge, gets an opponent, but he decides not to play against that particular opponent, avoids playing against that opponent. What would happen then?

Offline Random00

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 02:34 PM »
I think its a lot better to leave it just like it is, because this also encourages players who are only decent at one scheme to play tus, because they can always pick it.
Though this idea of the instant challenger isnt bad, if its not too much work, because I think that not too many players would use it, cause they are basically afraid of being paired with better opponents.

...and I first thought this topic was about me :(

Offline darKz

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 02:38 PM »
When I read that you posted here Random, I first thought you just posted "yes?" xD
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline DarKxXxLorD

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 03:10 PM »
I am sorry for not so good translation, not variant for me. :'(

I thought, the idea is clear...

He maybe means to make 2 random "picks".
- correct!
remove the 'scheme picking' style, and change it to random scheme picking?
not, on consent!

Sense in that nobody got of advantage! We will admit, I badly play in all games, BUT constantly I train in... bungee race, for example. Means, I will win 50 % of games! Unless it is fair? No.

Not to offend experts in a rope or normal, the robot should inform two games.

ON the CHOICE :

all random shemes

or here so:
Classic League:
 1 pick random (shoppa, wxw, roper, rr)
2 pick random (elite, BnG, t17, hysteria).

Free league:
1 pick random (Boom Race, Bungee Race, Jetpack Race, Parachute Race, Super Sheep Race)
2 pick random (Capture The Flag, Forts, Holy War, Mine Madness, Mole Shopper, Walk For Weapons, Elemental?)

This option should be under the consent of the parties.

If about me is will allow me to play to free league as I simply hate bungee race (Frequent choice)!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 03:29 PM by DarKxXxLorD »

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 04:47 PM »
naa bad idea...

People need to be able to pick their own schemes, especially if they have high overal ratings. I mean what if the "machine" picks ttrr for me when im roping badly, and will only gain 5 points for a win and loose 75 points for a loss.

The whole point of being able to pick schemes is to be able to maximise your points for a win, i.e. picking your lowest ranked scheme.

And yeh as has been said already, people dont wanna play a scheme picked at random, they wanna play a scheme that they wanna play lol!
worm and learn

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 06:05 PM »
I mean what if the "machine" picks ttrr for me when im roping badly, and will only gain 5 points for a win and loose 75 points for a loss.
There would be the challenge !

But anyway, could we make another intern league (like TNL, Cups, etc) those random "picks" would be applied ?

Offline DarKxXxLorD

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 06:28 PM »
I once again repeat - under the consent of players.
Why is not present? Play as want...

Or then enter contractual games, for example tus elite anyone? 2 pick - elite. Or it already practises?