Forums
May 03, 2024, 02:57 AM

Author Topic: ranking system  (Read 979 times)

Offline yanme

ranking system
« on: November 22, 2009, 12:48 PM »
hey guys,

what do u think about a change in the tus ranking system?

in my opinion there should change something, my idea:

the ranking in the tus games should to be dependent on the season in which u play.

what do u guys think about it? if u have a better idea just write it down in this topic

Offline Rok

Re: ranking system
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 01:07 PM »
I'm not really sure what you mean with "dependent on the season in which you play".

Standings are already based on season points, give us some more detailed description, please.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 01:36 PM »
He told me if he pick rope games, then he doesn't earn much points. (he is 24th overall currently). So he thought about reseting his stats so that by playing rope games he gain many points (more fun). I told him that again after some time he will be at the same level he is and it makes no sense.

By season, he means points getting calculated by seasonal points which we had such topic in the past. I told him to start a topic about what he feels so that he can see what others think and shed some light to his point of view of rank system or even we reach a better idea of improvement.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline HHC

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 01:49 PM »
I'm in dubio, on the one hand I fully support Yanme's idea.. on the other.. seasonal resets will definitely benefit those who play hundreds of games each month (which isn't realistic for most people). I pass this one.  :)

Offline Ray

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 03:38 PM »
We already had a very VERY huge discussion realted to this and we came to the agreement that this way is the best. I also get really little points for some wins, but I think it is fair this way. Less skilled players winning more means they did a lot better in the season. So I think it is fair this way.

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 04:53 PM »
when we did reset every season in the begining of tus we had alot of players that complained about losing their rating/rank, this probably isnt exactly the same, but i think some players wont like it... could always start a vote?

Offline Rok

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 06:12 PM »
IMO, the only thing that could possibly need tweaking is playoffs qulification, the ranking/scoring system is fine as it is.

@Yanme, you'll get enough points if you win ropers/rr's against players with high rank. Use analyzer - it's there for a reason. It's impossible to have a system that would fit perfectly for all players in all situations. And I repeated myself many times before and I'll repeat again: reseting statistics makes no sense in a rating based system. Ratings have the purpose to represent someone's skill over longer period of time. You win amount of points that suits your skill - you don't become begginer again just because your points gets reseted, right?

Correct me if I misunderstood your proposition, cheers  ;)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 06:14 PM by Rok »
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Ray

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 07:11 PM »
And again my reputation decreases as soon as I am against someone's mind... :)

Offline yanme

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 07:33 PM »
@Yanme, you'll get enough points if you win ropers/rr's against players with high rank. Use analyzer - it's there for a reason. It's impossible to have a system that would fit perfectly for all players in all situations. And I repeated myself many times before and I'll repeat again: reseting statistics makes no sense in a rating based system. Ratings have the purpose to represent someone's skill over longer period of time. You win amount of points that suits your skill - you don't become begginer again just because your points gets reseted, right?

Correct me if I misunderstood your proposition, cheers  ;)

nono that wasn'T was i mean i said to mi that with the rope games, but that's not all, in my opinion it would be just better if the overall rating continue like now, just the season ranking shouldn't calculate on the overall points. another idea is if the overall ranking system is calculated by 30% + the season points, i hope u guys understand what i mean,