Forums
April 29, 2024, 06:38 AM

Author Topic: MonkeyIsland, count Classic league's elite games in for TEL?  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Kangaroo

Re: MonkeyIsland, count Classic league's elite games in for TEL?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2014, 12:58 PM »
stupid , stupid ,stupid... not everyone wants to be in TEL league... just like not everyone wants to be in HAL league...

Elite league should be for Elite players only... not just elite players playing in Classic league against players who care little for elite...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:00 PM by pizzasheet »

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2014, 01:25 PM »
The reason behind leagues like TEL and TRL is so have totally separated standings. At the time of their creation I distinctly remember people just wanting a fresh league having nothing to do with other leagues.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Senator

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2014, 01:54 PM »
stupid , stupid ,stupid... not everyone wants to be in TEL league... just like not everyone wants to be in HAL league...

Elite league should be for Elite players only... not just elite players playing in Classic league against players who care little for elite...

OK. Apparently it annoys some people too much if their Elite record is shown on two different ladders instead of one... You don't have to take part in playoffs you know ;)

They'd better care for Elite if they want to succeed in Classic league... I'm not "Elite player" but I still play TEL (to learn Elite for Classic). Bad Elite players exist in both TEL and Classic league.

The reason behind leagues like TEL and TRL is so have totally separated standings. At the time of their creation I distinctly remember people just wanting a fresh league having nothing to do with other leagues.

People complain about inactivity so I'm just suggesting a solution for that.

Playing TEL is away from Classic league so what can you do about it? You can close TEL OR you can do what I suggested. TEL seems to be dying anyway so perhaps you don't have to do anything. What I suggested would help TEL too, like two birds with one stone.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:57 PM by Senator »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2015, 06:41 AM »
It's not like that. It's having more POs with more inactive and demotivated players. If TEL is getting less inactivity, then TEL will be disabled until the demand goes up again.

I appreciate your concern and effort to propose solutions but don't think mixing up leagues is the way. We have/had similar "All rounder" league which was doing the same thing and with minimum success.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2015, 10:29 AM »
I seriously think removing more of these free league schemes is one solution as mentioned in the HAL thread. The reason why there is inactivity in certain leagues is because we have too many!!!

Offline Senator

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2015, 09:58 AM »
It's having more POs with more inactive and demotivated players.

Yes if playoffs requirement for TEL was kept the same. Classic league players would get around 30 Elite games from Classic league. So if TEL playoffs requirement was set back to 50 games, they would still need 20 TEL/TUS games more to qualify. My suggestion is useful only when TEL is active and you need more than 20 games to qualify for playoffs.

Classic singles & clanner, TEL and Free league together are quite much for one player. Thus most players have to make a choice between the leagues. Simple math: after clanners you have time to play 100 games so you have to choose between TUS (80 games) and TEL (50 games). Instead you could play 80 TUS games and 20 TEL games (or 100 TUS games) and qualify for both playoffs. That means one more participant for either league.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 10:10 AM by Senator »

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2015, 01:00 PM »
you can already do it. just report your game twice rofl. f@#!ing lazy idiots  :D

exactly!

Why not if both players agree the game can be report for TEL and elite classic standings and use the same replay twice. But must be clearly stated by both players?

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2015, 01:12 PM »
It's having more POs with more inactive and demotivated players.

Yes if playoffs requirement for TEL was kept the same. Classic league players would get around 30 Elite games from Classic league. So if TEL playoffs requirement was set back to 50 games, they would still need 20 TEL/TUS games more to qualify. My suggestion is useful only when TEL is active and you need more than 20 games to qualify for playoffs.

Classic singles & clanner, TEL and Free league together are quite much for one player. Thus most players have to make a choice between the leagues. Simple math: after clanners you have time to play 100 games so you have to choose between TUS (80 games) and TEL (50 games). Instead you could play 80 TUS games and 20 TEL games (or 100 TUS games) and qualify for both playoffs. That means one more participant for either league.

Senator, this is the exact problem of wa activity and tus league. The league has grown at a time of wa being really active and we had enough players competing across all the leagues for them to be active and a challenge. But over the past 12 months with wa becoming more inactive, tus hasn't changed and there are TOO many leagues for players to play in. [Which i've mentioned in other posts]. Its becoming a ghost town with empty houses for example as people have left but the infrastructure has remained the same.

Now new comers to competitive gaming on wa have too much choice and in the past in other leagues there was only 1 classic league. So all new players went into this league and learnt classic league schemes. However, new gamers come to tus and pick and play free league, or abnormal, HAL, TRL, TEL etc and the community is becoming divided because of the activity that has decreased, looks bigger when the league games are divided between more leagues.

I really think we should try going back to our roots and only support an overall classic league for singles. Its great that tus has a lot of bells and whistles to add as features like cups and challenges, but in my opinion there is too much choice for such a small community for competitive gaming.

However we are the masters of our own fate and these none classic schemes must be popular to a certain degree, people are playing and learning on wormnet, but having TEL or TRL or the other leagues currently isn't doing us anything favours.

I think MI should remove certain leagues and cups and challenges and we should only have classic league with maybe free league. This would require less updates and coding from MI at a time when he finds it difficult to work on tus as often as he did in the past, and then there is nothing from stopping other members of the community building their own websites if they wanted to host a unique league. This is what happened in the past with WEL, NNL and rr challenge sites i think that FFie used to support with Darkone. That why when new comers came to tus, they'd adapt to classic league faster and we'd have more activitity in the most important league on wormnet, and if they wanted to play non classic schemes there is still free league or independent new websites that other community members could host instead of asking MI to turn on or off each month.