Forums
April 30, 2024, 08:32 AM

Author Topic: rules in rope clanners - discuss!  (Read 1621 times)

rules in rope clanners - discuss!
« on: March 19, 2011, 02:11 PM »
- Crate before attack (CBA). You must collect a crate before doing any damage to you opponent (touch both walls instead at sudden death), if you break this rule you aren't allowed to attack the next turn, if you break it more then once, seems your doing it on purpose, or kill your opponent the game will be void or given to the victim

This rule works for singles play but not for clanners. Also in a clanner who is suppose to skip? The person who commits the rule break? The rule needs revamped for clanners.

In a clanner if there is a high health worm and a low health worm on the same team and the other team attacks the high worm before the crate and then the other team mate of the other team again attacks that worm a skip is not a correct punishment because by the time the person who initially broke the rules skips. The high health worm has lost too much health that can not be gained back by 1 skip and the game is completely changed. There is no more chance of a 2v1 worm advantage strategy.

Ideas? Suggestions? :)

Offline beer

Re: rules in rope clanners - discuss!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 02:33 PM »
omg, this again lol

drama queen iz back

Offline TitiO

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 03:39 PM »
is a team.. if ur teammate break a rule, the team will pay.  the other clan can atk n1 that they want =P

Offline Devilage

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 08:02 PM »
nice, on the next turn  of the team that made a cow skip inmediatly.

Smoking proud.

Offline Unique

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 07:51 PM »
Crate before attack (CBA). You must collect a crate before doing any damage to you opponent (touch both walls instead at sudden death), if you break this rule you aren't allowed to attack the next turn, if you break it more then once, seems your doing it on purpose, or kill your opponent the game will be void or given to the victim.
-

In worms2 it was allowed to skip your crate before attacking. But alright, we are not talking about worms 2 now. The person who breaks the rules is gonna have a problem! I played many of clanners with cows. (blockings, forgetting cr8, not touching both walls and so on and i'll tell you my experience about it).

For blocks: *look which amount of time your opponent needs to come out his hide* (lets say he got 5 seconds left) then next turn the player that blocked the opponent has to start his turn at 5 seconds.
Forgetting cr8 before attack: The player which cheated has to skip a turn (can rope around to a new hide if he want) but he can't attack or take his crate.
Not touching both walls but attack: Skip a turn.

About the 2v1 strategy, that's true but even if they didnt cow and attack the pile of the big worm the game would be changed as well. Keep in mind he could do this turn (attack) also with gaining this crate, above that this worm can get 2 crates afterwards because the cow got his extra crate and is back at HP, so I think this way of cheating is an advantage at all.

The rules are fine, if you change rules in a roper, it will be totally different.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 11:00 AM »
Since it's a 2v2 both players of a team are responsible, so I would say that both players need to skip their worm, if the cowing player dies at that turn the teammate must skip twice. Penalties shouldn't be made to make the game even and fair again, they should be devastating for the team that cowed, I mean look at other penalties in sports, they are usually a huge advantage for the other team, penalty shot for example, player gets removed from the game etc.

Offline avirex

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 01:51 PM »
i love how everyone compares worms to soccer... lol, in every debate about a rule, or a tournament, or a different idea regarding anything to do with worms... someone has a soccer analogy :D

anubis, i agree with you there only if someone "cows" purposely, but how many times are there unintentional "cows" those should not result in 2 turn loss...

hell, if u ask me blocking should be allowed... if your dumb enough to hide in a spot i can block you, i should be able to block you...its a strategy... i know we dont like roping to have a strategic factor but, its like in soccer, if your goaly is dumb enough to guard only the center of the goal, when your coming down the base line... of course you will shoot for the corner! ok, bad analogy :(

Offline Anubis

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 08:50 PM »
i love how everyone compares worms to soccer... lol, in every debate about a rule, or a tournament, or a different idea regarding anything to do with worms... someone has a soccer analogy :D

anubis, i agree with you there only if someone "cows" purposely, but how many times are there unintentional "cows" those should not result in 2 turn loss...

hell, if u ask me blocking should be allowed... if your dumb enough to hide in a spot i can block you, i should be able to block you...its a strategy... i know we dont like roping to have a strategic factor but, its like in soccer, if your goaly is dumb enough to guard only the center of the goal, when your coming down the base line... of course you will shoot for the corner! ok, bad analogy :(

Well but you can't really often tell if a cow was done on purpose, penalties should be the same, regardless if they were intentionally or on purpose. And the reference to other sports isn't just soccer, most sports have penalty shots etc. It's a global thing. ^^

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 09:38 PM »

I actually agree with you there man, and it wasn't a bad analogy, was good.

Offline TitiO

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 01:06 PM »
In worms2 it was allowed to skip your crate before attacking. But alright, we are not talking about worms 2 now.

juz explaining one thing here..

in w2 cr8s are 25hp , .. then if u skip the cr8 to atk u will damage 45~ , but next ur opponent will get 50hp ... then is a risk that the attacker have to choose. -( is a nice mind )-

For blocks: *look which amount of time your opponent needs to come out his hide* (lets say he got 5 seconds left) then next turn the player that blocked the opponent has to start his turn at 5 seconds.

i disagree here.. if u block, u skip.
this rule " wait 5 seconds to start ur turn " remembers me Zippo. lol

look at the possibilities:
if u are blocked, and u got 5seconds to left, and ur cr8 fall the other side of the map. ( u dont will atk )
and ur opponent cr8 fall in ur side, he will have time, also with 10sec., to get cr8 and atk.
cause this is unfair.