Forums
May 08, 2024, 03:17 PM

Author Topic: Scheme discussion - T17  (Read 4085 times)

Re: Scheme discussion - T17
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 02:39 PM »
Good post HHC, i had exactly the same thoughts in mind writing my post, you just detailed it nicely.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline seBa

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 04:13 PM »
My apologies if I say something you already have said, but his post was too long XD.
I think t17 with 7 girders is fine, that does not pass blocking each other throughout the game, because that makes it very boring. One idea that occurred to me, is ... What would you like to remove the Super Sheep :o!, that eliminate the boring end, as players would not be trying to create spacereach the side of the map just to launch the SS and the other player is not trying not to be atacked by the ss . Without SS players would be forced to try to kill themselves in moments of sd and fight their way to do it, at least in my opinion would make it more interesting, but ... should make the water of sudden death rose more slowly.

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2011, 04:22 PM »
What would you like to remove the Super Sheep :o!, that eliminate the boring end, as players would not be trying to create spacereach the side of the map just to launch the SS and the other player is not trying not to be atacked by the ss . Without SS players would be forced to try to kill themselves in moments of sd and fight their way to do it, at least in my opinion would make it more interesting, but ... should make the water of sudden death rose more slowly.

Better solution for this would be a rule to prevent shooting outside the map. But then theres still water and homing.

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

Offline chakkman

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2011, 04:56 PM »
I have an even better solution: Don't change anything about this scheme at all. There are many people who love it how it is. There had also been discussions about changing the random placement at start on the inter scheme. Mostly from people who simply don't like the scheme. I think a change of attitude would be more important than a scheme change. People have to face that luck is a part of the game and accept it. Apart from that i doubt that anyone plays so smart, perfectly or whatever that luck makes a difference. Even if 2 players with the skill play against each other it's a matter of who has the better ideas, is in better day form and such.

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2011, 07:34 PM »
I said in other words that ingering into SD weapons and how they behave wouldnt change anything unless you change whole scheme.

Don't change anything about this scheme at all.

I would agree on that if i knew whats the official one. All those T17 schemes that people play are more or less changed. Intermediate is still Intermediate, same weaponry, same gameplay, just ballance change made for league purposes - no crates and less power on cluster, which no doubt is better for this scheme. I dont know what was the first idea of T17, but i saw that it was played with 3sec mines and barrels on the map, which i liked. But noone of today's schemes has mines. I also wonder if there were super weapons at crates.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 07:37 PM by lacoste »

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2011, 08:28 PM »
My apologies if I say something you already have said, but his post was too long XD.

I ain't trying to start a war here just wanna make a point so don't go all crazy on me lol.

But, have you never read a book? You never read any articles about anything online? You never read a newspaper on the bus to work or something? Why was his post "too long"? I somehow get the feeling you just don't care enough about T17, so you can't be bothered to read because it's boring to you, which is cool, but no need to say too long lol, when everyone was making posts about updating the League System, I didn't see anyone whinge about those posts being too long and some of them were ridiculously longer than C23s post here lol.

HHC makes some great points too, but I still think Chick nailed it like :)

Offline seBa

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2011, 09:06 PM »
look my native lenguage isn't english so for me is hard read and understand quickly a text, when I posted that I had to go to the college faster.
So that is the reason that I not read the text previously to my message.
That is all xd

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2011, 09:26 PM »
Ah, I understand mate :)

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 12:01 PM »
I said in other words that ingering into SD weapons and how they behave wouldnt change anything unless you change whole scheme.

Don't change anything about this scheme at all.

I would agree on that if i knew whats the official one. All those T17 schemes that people play are more or less changed. Intermediate is still Intermediate, same weaponry, same gameplay, just ballance change made for league purposes - no crates and less power on cluster, which no doubt is better for this scheme. I dont know what was the first idea of T17, but i saw that it was played with 3sec mines and barrels on the map, which i liked. But noone of today's schemes has mines. I also wonder if there were super weapons at crates.

The offical t17 scheme is the one used in the worment channels, on wwp and wa. It used to have 2 select worms. This made unlimited grider blocking be no where near as problematic as it is now!

People didn't like how it stopped turn advantage tactics during SD and it was eventually fadeded out.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2011, 01:35 PM »
Also, i will replied and expand to HHC's points.

But my main argument is that im not arguing to force unlimited griders, im happy with both options being available, what i think i would be unfair is banning the use of unlimited. Why can't we use both like we are today and have evidence of the players agreeing on 7 / unlimited before game is any complaints arise. The point why this came into to discussion was to handle to complaints easier, not change schemes.

edit:lol fixed the typo from now to not  ::)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 05:03 PM by Chicken23 »

Offline Vultoz

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2011, 01:02 AM »
Maybe a T17 with every teams using the same colour would be cool xD, maybe a new scheme. This way people would share the weapons and who knows what kind of new tactics it could generate?
Btw, i know, this post is totally out of place. :(
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 01:04 AM by Vultoz »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 07:17 AM »
Vultox, that ideas actually cool, I wouldn't say to play League game but, I will try that as a funner, get 4 players for a 2v2 T17, and everyone go same colour xD

Offline HHC

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 06:09 PM »
Dear Chicken23,

watch these games and tell me with a straight face that unlimited girders make games more enjoyable, more pro, more whatever.

Feel free to point out any mistakes I made, things I could have done better in dealing with the situation, afaik I played two of the best games I've ever played. In both cases I was winning by a whole lot, in the first case I had to settle for a draw (and even a loss if he hadn't made a mistake in the end), in the second I won, though the fag-bagging he did all game got me seriously pissed off. In the end I again won because I got lucky he made some pretty bad errors.

Anyway, after these games you seriously can't clain unlimited girders is what we should go for.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 10:46 PM »
What's fag-bagging? :o

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2011, 12:00 AM »
I also prefer unlimited. I dont mind using 7, but I do prefer unlimited.

I dont have anything to add on the points that have already been made, but ill say some words still.

Generally, the only time you use all 7 of your girders is when you NEED to. When you run out your f@#!ed.

Yeh.. cant really think right now... I support unlimited.
worm and learn