4 (11.8%)
8 Weeks
7 (20.6%)
10 Weeks
1 (2.9%)
12 Weeks
4 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Seasons length  (Read 4250 times)

Offline beer

Re: Seasons length
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 12:21 AM »
lmao yea im waiting for po, thats why i want! u are right, and u want a long season to try make po, yea?oh cmn
dude as u see ppl isnt playing that mutch now. for me one reason is that long season.. ppl get bored even if u are in po or not..
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 12:26 AM by beer »

drama queen iz back

Offline Ray

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 12:26 AM »
True, it would be really good to see a graph of how many people played each day in the season, and also grab out to players, one of them qualifying on of them still trying. That would really show us what's going on. :)

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 12:43 AM »
lmao yea im waiting for po, thats why i want! u are right, and u want a long season to try make po, yea?oh cmn
dude as u see ppl isnt playing that mutch now. for me one reason is that long season.. ppl get bored even if u are in po or not..

what makes it boring for you?

I think its more interesting now cus i can see whos doing well this season and who i wanna find and try to beat to improve my po chances. I would like to make playoffs! :p but im accepting its hard without my keyboard and so i dont mind just improving my rank in default schemes!

Offline Rok

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2009, 07:53 AM »
If we only managed to get playoffs played! But it takes ages...  :( That's the only problem I see here, but it's a rather big one. Imagine the mess when we'll have 3 or more unfinished playoffs.

For me, 2 months is ok, I barely managed to play 27 games in this season and we're way past the half of it.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2009, 12:02 PM »
I do not agree with 1 month. I've seen it, its a disaster. You blink and its over.
If people agree we can try 45 days for season 10.

How do you know the league being less active these days has something to do with season length? I'm not saying it doesn't. But it is not the only reason.
We are so close to new year. People are spending more times with their family or holidays.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline pr

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2009, 01:18 PM »
The less season length is the less valuable are season's standings. Therefore it should not be less than 45 days.

Offline beer

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2009, 02:16 PM »
I do not agree with 1 month. I've seen it, its a disaster. You blink and its over.
If people agree we can try 45 days for season 10.

How do you know the league being less active these days has something to do with season length? I'm not saying it doesn't. But it is not the only reason.
We are so close to new year. People are spending more times with their family or holidays.

cose there was xtc, then fb. and not mutch ppl was about to play tus. thats why. it was alwys 1 month in all leagues

drama queen iz back

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2009, 06:47 PM »
fb was 2 months and 16 playoff places. It was a struggle for playoffs to get finished. Darkone was the po mod and he did a good job tho!

Offline Ray

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2009, 08:40 PM »
DarkOne for president! (sorry pr, had to)

Offline beer

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2009, 08:45 PM »
well i started this, and maybe im wrong. i should say i do see this changed if its will help and improve this league.
for exemple, i cant play more games vs nail!! i realy enjoy vs him, and in the midle of this season we have done all games ;S.
i guess ppl isnt playing that mutch cose want a  refresh, im ok with it and i still play singles, not mutch in last days cose been buzy.
maybe im just wrong

drama queen iz back

Offline Ray

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2009, 09:56 PM »
No beer, you are not wrong, I was/am also on the side of shortening the league's length, although I understand the points of the other side too. I am pointless right now, cannot decide. :)

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2009, 11:40 PM »
ive maxed out vs uber and really enjoyed playing him in t17.

I think its a shame when players who make po qualifications stop playing as dont wanna risk losing points. For example random, benz, csongi are all hard to find to play.

I do prefer longer seasons tho, but the only way i to do shorter ones it to fix the PO problem. With longer seasons it makes playoffs more important. But if its harder to get into playoffs mid seaosn because activity has decreased it sucks, but then at the end of the day if i wasnt a rope noob id be doing alot better in league!

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2009, 07:10 AM »
Although, i have to admit. It is way harder to find a game of tus at moment.. alot less games played..

I guess those that are low in standings dont care as need new season to new chance, and those at top have already got their spots. Having shorter seasons would prevent the lack of motivation for those players who have missed or made the playoffs...

Hmm Hmm hmm!

Offline Rok

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2009, 08:33 AM »
Almost everyone in top 20 has still got a chance to qualify for PO, chicken, including you and me, so there's enough motivation left imo. There must be some other reason for lower activity atm, I guess all the kids are outside throwing snowballs  ;D
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Ray

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2009, 02:27 PM »
Also, it is Christmas time, people are shopping, spending times together...
This thing is a bit controversial, since on one hand, there is the motivation for people who still want to be in the Playoffs, but on the other hand, they cannot find games to play, because the rest of the players don't want to play because they are already in the Playoffs. 40 days seasons?