Forums
May 01, 2024, 03:52 PM

Author Topic: Suggestions for next TRL Season Schemes!  (Read 1045 times)

Triad and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline TheKomodo

Suggestions for next TRL Season Schemes!
« on: April 01, 2024, 04:49 PM »
Hello!

Hope you've all been enjoying TRL so far! There's been some great games so far! Sbaffo is dominating, I'm curious if anyone will beat him in the Playoffs as he said he's finished playing the Season now that he's reached Playoffs!

This thread is for everyone interested in playing TRL for them to make the suggestions for which schemes to use for next season! Remember there are 3 categories of schemes each Season, and only 1 can be used for each Season.

This thread will be open for 2 weeks for players to write their personal suggestions, then in 2 weeks time we will have a vote using those very suggestions, whichever wins, wins!

Remember to keep in mind the 3 types of schemes:

Artillery:

Artillery - Schemes which focus mostly, if not entirely on a players mechanical ability with artillery weapons specifically.

Physical:

Physical - Schemes which focus mostly, if not entirely on a players mechanical ability with movement utilities such as Ninja Rope / Bungee Rope / Jetpack / etc, as well as weapons such as Super Sheep for Super Sheep Race.

Strategic:

Strategic - Schemes which focus mostly, if not entirely on a players strategic prowess and ability to understand and outwit their opponents.

Here are some examples in the order of ARTILLERY / PHYSICAL / STRATEGIC:

Black Hole BnG / Bungee Shopper / Elemental

Paranoia / Surf Shopper / One of Everything

Plop War / Trick Race / Kaos

Hysteria / Darts / Abnormal

Forts / Wascar / Board Game

Pick ONE scheme for each scheme category, post them here, and in 2 weeks, on the 15th of April, the voting will commence!

Online Triad

Re: Suggestions for next TRL Season Schemes!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2024, 06:10 PM »
I'm personally interested in:

- Boom Race
- Hysteria

- Darts
- Mine Madness

- Abnormal

If a significant part of the community is also interested in these schemes, I might even donate a decent amount to the prize pool (but I'll have to find a method that doesn't involve PayPal, in order to send the money to Komo). Of course, if commumity picks, say, Hysteria and 2 other schemes I despise, I will play but I won't contribute to the prize pool (instead, I might just host a $$$ cup with my fav schemes).

Pick ONE scheme for each scheme category, post them here, and in 2 weeks, on the 15th of April, the voting will commence!
Since we're allowed to vote for one, I'll vote for:

Hysteria / Darts / Abnormal
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 06:48 PM by Triad »

Offline Big Billy

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2024, 10:39 PM »
Boomrace

Supersheeper

Hysteria

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2024, 10:50 PM »
Boomrace

Supersheeper

Hysteria

You've got 2 artillery picks there - Boom Race and Hysteria.

You need to pick:

1 Artillery / 1 Physical / 1 Strategic

Online Triad

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2024, 10:54 PM »
Boom race is not artillery
You said the exact opposite thing two months ago, why the change of mind?

By the way, we'll be able to select multiple choices in the poll, right? I think that makes more sense than voting for a single scheme, as it's about identifying the schemes preferred by most players.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 11:00 PM by Triad »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2024, 11:01 PM »
I admit, I've had a few drinks tonight lol...

I meant to say that he's got artillery twice :D

Not sure why, but I didn't even think he said boom race there, even though I typed it myself...

I've edited that post now... Man, my brain is fried today, I've done too much today.

Just had a BnG with Sensei and it's probably the worst I've ever played BnG other than like 2 or 3 shots the entire game.

By the way, we'll be able to select multiple choices in the poll, right? I think that makes more sense than voting for a single scheme, as it's about identifying the schemes preferred by most players.

No, there will be 3 polls, one for each scheme category, 1 vote for each person, and you do not get to see the results(until the end obviously), and you do not get to change your vote.

This is so that people vote what for they genuinely want, instead of being influenced by what is already there.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2024, 11:17 PM »
Personally, my vote is for:

NrBnG K / Darts / 80hp

Offline Sensei

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2024, 12:33 AM »
Just had a BnG with Sensei and it's probably the worst I've ever played BnG other than like 2 or 3 shots the entire game.

It does feel lonely at the top.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2024, 12:54 AM »
I mean, at least I didn't shoot myself in the face twice in a row and plop. :D

Sensei, we need to do BnG Akimbo again, I need to redeem myself after that pathetic performance lol!

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2024, 05:39 AM »
BnG/Roper/Intermediate

The cl2k retro special

Offline Camper

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2024, 12:52 PM »
Hysteria / Roper / Kaos

Offline Kradie

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2024, 01:02 PM »
You've got 2 artillery picks there - Boom Race and Hysteria.

You need to pick:

1 Artillery / 1 Physical / 1 Strategic
Why do you NEED to? Is one pick not enough? Just asking questions, nothing more.

I pick ZaR Roper. But I don't think it will be added.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Online Triad

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2024, 01:20 PM »
No, there will be 3 polls, one for each scheme category, 1 vote for each person, and you do not get to see the results(until the end obviously), and you do not get to change your vote.

This is so that people vote what for they genuinely want, instead of being influenced by what is already there.
I disagree, I think people might use their single vote for a more "realistic" option rather than what they truly want, so I think having a single vote will have the opposite effect.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2024, 01:24 PM »
BnG/Roper/Intermediate

The cl2k retro special

Which variation of BnG? Normal TUS?

Hysteria / Roper / Kaos

Which variation of Kaos? The scheme on TUS or the scheme used in Kaos League?

Why do you NEED to? Is one pick not enough? Just asking questions, nothing more.

I pick ZaR Roper. But I don't think it will be added.

Oh, sure, you don't need to pick every category, but only ONE per category, so ZaR Roper is fine if that's all you want.

I disagree, I think people might use their single vote for a more "realistic" option rather than what they truly want, so I think having a single vote will have the opposite effect.

Sure you can disagree, but that's the way it's staying. You vote for what you genuinely want, not being influenced by other people.

If they vote for a more "realistic" option, then that's their fault for doing that. You can VERY easily, just not do that.