Forums
May 16, 2024, 06:17 AM

Author Topic: The Hysteria/Aerial league  (Read 2345 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

The Hysteria/Aerial league
« on: September 28, 2012, 05:08 AM »
Well seeing Hysteria sucking TRL's poll each season, I think it would be better to give it it's own league and remove it from TRL forever.
A new league dedicated to Hysteria, I thought to throw Aerial in too. A 2-scheme league. Thoughts?
Probably a parallel league
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Chelsea

Re: The Hysteria/Aerial league
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 06:31 AM »
good idea :D

I like it :D

Offline Hussar

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 07:21 AM »
remove hysteria from classic and make separate league for aerial with hysteria.

Offline barman

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 09:26 AM »
Agree with Berria.

I'll just paste what I wrote in shoutbox before I saw this thread:
If hysteria makes its way to TRL again, it will be the best occasion to consider removing it from classic and creating a constant hysteria league
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 09:36 AM »
Agree to remove hyst from classic by making own league. Then I might play tus again. xd

Offline HHC

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 09:37 AM »
Sounds like a fun league  :)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 09:55 AM »
Something more:

- Removing Hysteria from Classic league and give it its own league along with Aerial.
- Moving BnG to Free League. (Add Forts instead?)
- Adding Intermediate to Classic league.
- Add battle race to Classic league (one rope-race scheme and one default-race scheme)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 10:06 AM »
Something more:

- Removing Hysteria from Classic league and give it its own league along with Aerial.
- Moving BnG to Free League. (Add Forts instead?)
- Adding Intermediate to Classic league.
- Add battle race to Classic league (one rope-race scheme and one default-race scheme)

boohooo pleaseee nooo :(.
Hysteria is fun and I like playing it in clanner. I also like bng from time to time and I like to clanner on it. Intermediate and battle race has definitely its place in classic league. In old wn days I used to love to play battlerace clanner :).
On a more general note, I don't get why people want to remove scheme from classic league... And what about your idea with the allround system. Wasn't it to allow people that only hysteria for example to have po and everything ?

Offline Husk

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 10:07 AM »
|= bng to free league... ?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 10:15 AM »
zippeurfou,
Allround system is on the test. After 3 months, it will kick in for good.
The problem with Battle Race is that people can map bash with it a lot.

Husk,
yes, I would even create a2b on TUS and remove current BnG.

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 10:20 AM »
haha, remove bng, troll of the day :D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline barman

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 10:20 AM »
I don't like the idea of removing BnG from classic, but I might be a bit biased in my judgment, so my opinion doesn't count. :D Anyway I think it should stay. BnG has been a part of every major WA league and nobody has ever thought about removing it. it's a lot more popular than Forts (there have been only 15 forts games since April).
Adding Intermediate (bo1?) in Hysteria's place seems like a fine idea.
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 10:26 AM »
@MI
Since you know who picked a game, the map they played on, why not just doing a rule that forbid player to pick more than 3 times the same map/season (or even more). If they does you just do not allow them to report. Or you can also make it a decreasing coef and doing something like after 3 times played on the same map. Example: X games played on same map = if X>3  then normalWinPoints/X-3 else normalWinPoints.

Offline Husk

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 10:31 AM »
why can't classic league stay like it has been for years (new schemes are welcome, but removing schemes...)? adding allround and allround2 and experimenting with those can be done without changing classic league? or am I missing something?

I'm afraid of change xD
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 10:33 AM by Husk »

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 10:33 AM »

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win