Forums
May 06, 2024, 09:16 PM

Author Topic: TUS rating  (Read 3858 times)

Offline Ray

Re: TUS rating
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2009, 12:04 PM »
Flori is the second in overall stats, he has to play 30 games and he is in Playoffs.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2009, 12:13 PM »
All said being true.
And btw, on which place must be some player in overall rating to get PO at the end?

PO qualification: Overall top 8 players which have played at least 30 games in the current season.

If you lose 30 games in the season AND STILL you are in the overall top 8 players you are in the PO.
This may seem a bit weird but think about it like this :
If you are in top 8 and you lose, you will lose many points. You must be so high that losing lot of points (30 games) still keeps you in the top 8.

This system is working fine and good atm and it is responding to our needs However maybe this can be tuned in the future like this :

Overall top 8 players which have played at least 30 games in the current season AND have 70% (or any other number) winning percentage in the current season.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ray

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 12:24 PM »
Nice idea Monkey.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 12:32 PM »
Right.

Offline pr

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 12:48 PM »
[jk]
i'll miss PO then. f@#!ers XD let it be 49.4353462%
[/jk]
good idea

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 03:03 PM »
I think highlighting on stats page 8 people who are currently qualified for PO would prevent from asking such questions.
(since flori is qualified for PO with 11th position and apparently not everyone checks the PO list).

edit: I think I might have a bit misunderstood the topic but still... ;)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 03:06 PM by van »

Offline Flori

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2009, 02:30 PM »
all works fine: chelsea will stop noobbashing, flori maybe starts playing all schemes instead of az01 ttrrs

stfu
if u see my stats i dont play only rrs im in top 5 in bng rr roper and wxw
about elite t17 histeria id ont like theses schemes so i wont pick them.

About the po, i think it should be changed too, imagine in 10 seasons, a new player can't be in PO coz to be 8th he need to have 6000 points and its rly hard in 1 season so he will be bored and won't mlay anymore.
I think po should be the 4 1st overall and the 4 1st in the current season.

Offline Ray

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2009, 09:23 AM »
stfu
Keep these for XTC forum.

About the PO system: this does not mean the top 8 overall players play the playoffs, f4st stopped playing so he won't ever be in there, because players must reach 30 games.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2009, 10:41 AM »
stfu
Keep these for XTC forum.

lol we stated about having a nice forum but not this much. XDD Its just a word.
I don't wanna turn "f@#!" to "love" you know? And please do not name any other site.

About the PO system, I think Flori is right. I'm thinking about TUS, Somewhere everybody plays and I think it will happen. What if in a season the overall top 8 players come and play?
As I said atm the league system is responding to our needs. But it will be tuned when we get a bit more activity.

4/4 and 70% winning percentage sounds good to me.
OR probably we change it to 8/8 (16 people in PO). Its a matter of more activity.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ray

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2009, 11:07 AM »
16 people in PO is not a good idea, just take a look at Season #4... Even 8 people could not play their games.

To Monkey: in Hungary, this is a very serious insult. If it isn't here, then whatever. And we can talk about other sites, can't we? ;)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2009, 12:09 PM »
in Hungary, this is a very serious insult. If it isn't here, then whatever.

Like emo is a serious insult in US, huh? XD
stfu is 50/50 here. You can say to someone with love 'stfu' XDD

we can talk about other sites, can't we? ;)

I don't care about other sites policy or how they treat their community. I care about ours.
I don't care how other sites are moving forward, when you name them you bring them here and that creates more flame.
Plus naming them makes our differences less. Remember TUS was bad mouthed for a long time. That's some kind of naming.

Offline Flori

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009, 04:24 PM »
C'mon its just a word, but if u want i dont use it anymore here.
About POs,
Chelsea is in POs, almost last and has -117 points in the current league. I think players like jakka fenrys or magic should be in PO instead of him for example...

Add 70% of win is a good idea i think.

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2009, 04:49 PM »
Like emo is a serious insult in US, huh? XD

ive never see any1 get too upset over being called emo over here :P most emos are already crying b4 u even say anything

i like the 70% win percentage idea it filters out people making the playoffs just cus they can play 200 games in a few weeks
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 04:51 PM by WookA »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2009, 05:42 PM »
ive never see any1 get too upset over being called emo over here :P most emos are already crying b4 u even say anything

There was a guy once in dP, American. He got mad like crazy when someone called him emo. After he got calm, He said its a serious insult there. Maybe in a different state ? XD

I think players like jakka fenrys or magic should be in PO instead of him for example...

Jakka only needs 4 games to be in PO.MagiC hasn't played the required 30 games. fenrys is a good example though :)

Chelsea gained LOTS of points in the previous seasons and he lost LOTS of points this season. No offense to him, But he is going down very fast.

With 70% winning percentage we'll get different results. For example pr, Rok, Chelsea, xxL won't be in PO.

19 days has remained of this season. As days pass we reach more realistic results. We can decide more clear a bit later and apply the decision in the new season, Plus leagues will be updated to v1.8 at the beginning of the new season.

Offline Rok

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2009, 07:40 PM »
My opinion: 4/4 is ok, but u have to put those 4 who qualify with season score higher than those 4 who are qualified from overall score. It's seasons playoffs, not overall playoffs, if u know what i mean, right? (maybe it already is so, i haven't looked at the current situation).

Another thing - imagine the situation when someone reaches both criteria for playoffs (first in a season and first overall). We need to determine by which of them that player enters the playoffs.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz