Forums
May 07, 2024, 12:08 PM

Poll

Do you want w2Roper scheme to be added to TUS league?

Yes, as a second choice to classic roper.
No!

Author Topic: w2rope scheme ***please read***  (Read 23136 times)

Offline avirex

Re: w2rope scheme ***please read***
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2010, 03:47 PM »
goes to show, the people voting no are full of shit.. scheme been downloaded 25 times, and there is 25 votes for no...  kinda ironic, aint it?

Offline CMV

« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2010, 04:53 PM »
goes to show, the people voting no are full of shit.. scheme been downloaded 25 times, and there is 25 votes for no...  kinda ironic, aint it?
Everyone disagreeing with you is full of shit. Nice attitude.
I personally think that the roper scheme is fine, but there might be a change of rules like "Agree on CBA or no CBA before the game". The current roper scheme is traditional (modifying it is like playing Elite without shotgun).
Yes, I know I'm going to be smited. Go on, trolls. Have fun!
SÜN
SÜN
SÜÜÜN

Offline avirex

« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2010, 05:25 PM »
uhmm.. that just proves my point that u did not even both to try the scheme b4 forming an opinion...

yeah, great idea, lets make cr8 rules optional with the current scheme... then no1 will bother ever gettin a cr8 b4 a hit, lets just use our newb 10 second retreat!..... retarded... really

Offline nappy

« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2010, 05:30 PM »
This scheme is good for cowards, as it encourages waiting for mistakes. You can just attack, pick up easy crates and wait for falls when your opponent tries to get hard crate. Also, if both players will use this strategy, then crate luck factor just isn't eliminated, so it becomes pointless.

« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2010, 05:46 PM »
It is not a scheme for cowards... seriously?  You wait for mistakes in all schemes... If you are skilled enough to go for the crate and attack in 13 seconds, then gj for your skill... you are actually rewarded... but if you test your roping skill and make a mistake, that is your own fault... It is sickening how so many people have been brainwashed into thinking the standard roper scheme now is OK.

How on earth can you accept a scheme where the game engine randomly decides if you will be able to make an attack or not some turns? HOW I ASK?!?!?!?!? WHY DO YOU GUYS ACCEPT THIS! THINK ABOUT IT!

<-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline nappy

« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2010, 05:50 PM »
It is sickening how so many people have been brainwashed into thinking the standard roper scheme now is OK.

I think that standard scheme sucks too, but this is poor attempt of fixing it, imo. Crate luck puts a big flaw in any roper modification, sadly.

Offline darKz

« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2010, 05:52 PM »
Actually it's a valid point that the game still decides if you can get a crate or not. You may still be the guy who gets the hard crates which you can't reach in 13sec, thus decide to just attack. It happens again, you attack again. Then your opponent will have 3 crates if he decides to take them (which would be smart). Of course you can prevent him from doing so by taking the crates yourself, but you'd miss your attack that way.. Ahh, my brain won't allow complex thinking now but you get what I mean! Crate luck is still a factor.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline avirex

« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2010, 06:24 PM »
darkz, go back and read my stats of the replay me and shy made.. i cant remember for sure, and too lazy to go back couple pages of this thread and check, but i had about 13 impossible cr8s, and 2 "maybes" and he had 6 inpossible cr8s, and 2 maybes...   and the game was still very very close, and only ended when i made a very bad mistake at end...

so id have to say you guys are wrong... if it was a cr8 rule game, there is no possible way on earth it would have ended that close in HP, i would have been SCREWED with more then double his impossible cr8s, and thats a fact....

its obvious no1 has taken the time to read, watch replays, and actually try the scheme, b4 forming opinions..

but honestly i would not expect any different from most of you.

« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2010, 06:44 PM »
You need to make the replay more obvious, it only has 9 downloads. It would help if you put it with on the 1st post in the thread, along with the link to the scheme.
worm and learn

Offline avirex

« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2010, 07:10 PM »
its clear no1 gives a f@#!, they r 2 newb for a real rope scheme.. they just want to continue with sets that are f@#!in dated back 10 years, when W:A players were just learning to rope....

the sets were 15second turns, and 10 second retreat for a reason when w:a first came out, cuz u were all newbs....

i was hoping after 10 years u guyz could adjust the scheme a bit, but guess not.

« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2010, 08:39 PM »
guys, remember.. this isn't replacing roper... it is just an alternative... you don't have to pick w2roper... i think on those grounds and on the grounds that almost all of the "nos" havent tried the scheme, it should get passed with at least 40% of the vote...
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Camper

« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2010, 08:44 PM »
I think that should be replaced OR shouldnt be added, coz 2 Ropers Schme would be boring.

Offline Error

• Tool Assisted

• Ukraine Ukraine
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2010, 10:04 PM »
voted "no"... pros will be loosing this shit to noobs sometimes anyway xd
Of course, if you suck as roper, you will still suck using finger roll, but you will suck better, faster, harder and more creatively than ever before!

Offline Madden

« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2010, 08:35 AM »
its clear no1 gives a f@#!, they r 2 newb for a real rope scheme.. they just want to continue with sets that are f@#!in dated back 10 years, when W:A players were just learning to rope....

the sets were 15second turns, and 10 second retreat for a reason when w:a first came out, cuz u were all newbs....

i was hoping after 10 years u guyz could adjust the scheme a bit, but guess not.

How about you actually give people a f@#!ing chance to play the scheme before asking for a poll? People don't like change, it's been a week since you've posted the scheme and you're surprised people are voting no? OH NOS TOYS OUT THE PRAM. I love ropers and am not exactly inactive and still haven't had that much time to play many w2ropers to get a good feel for it. As you say we've gone 10 years without w2 ropers and you're trying to get everyone to convert within a week. If you actually left it for a month or two, let people finish the cup (which would surely prove all the best people are winning right?) then maybe you would have grounds to start calling us retarded noobs etc. I dunno wtf you expected.
[NAiL`bOr] if u see me
[NAiL`bOr] ur gonna think im f@#!in weird man

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2010, 08:43 AM »
It's actually been over 11 years :P

But yeah, give it some time Jeff, this is a VERY GOOD idea, you don't want to rush it and ruin it, but obviously try your best to push it.

If you really care about it, as well as this w2 cup, I would host alot of w2rope funners in AG with any random people that play TuS, spread the word as much as possible, gain the support of people who like it, and be patient.