Forums
May 14, 2024, 06:35 PM

Author Topic: What the f@#! is going on?  (Read 5464 times)

Offline spleen17

Re: What the f@#! is going on?
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2016, 12:09 AM »

About bashing just signed in players:
Maybe we should add 1 week cooldown and/or take part in some tournament/cup before playing classic?
 Just a simple idea.

Even this would be an improvement, wouldn't take much coding (if any).

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2016, 12:10 AM »
I really doubt you can live up to that promise once reset is in place.

Who cares what you doubt? If I say I will be active, I will.

Personal reset isn't same as league reset, but it's 50% the same xD

No, it isn't, end of discussion here.

CF is dead for many years, really don't think SPW/Random will fire up the ol' engine for a money prize.
That and what Walrus says: dividing the money is a recipe for disaster.

If you look and read what I said it was "if they were active", so why even bother repeating what I just said in different words?

Why is it a recipe for disaster? You have nothing to prove that.

Inactive members of clans should have no claim to any prizes, if they don't put in the effort, they deserve nothing, as simple as that, it's pretty easy to understand.

In order to get it accepted as the official scheme you need more than this. + a funner doesnt match real competition. I mean, how many 'flaws'/ 'bugs' were not found in hysteria after months of playing this scheme?

Ok, that's nonsense because Cups don't reflect real competition either, in Cups you cannot avoid, in Cups you can't noob bash, in Cups you aren't chasing impossible statistics, amongst other things.

There are no flaws/bugs in Hysteria, only personal opinions, that's a fact.

I only play cups, if TUS was league only I woulda been gone for a long time  :-[
There are people who combine both, there are people who only do leagues and people who only do cups. IMO they are a great asset of TUS, and like I said, one of the parts of the site that is still going strong.

I never said get rid of Cups, I said restrict them and also that I like them, I wish for once people would read what I type properly...

I can't deny the activity Cups has, but as I said they are a poison to proper Leagues, just limit them a bit is all I am asking.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2016, 12:15 AM »
If you guys really care, maybe someone should make public poll and let ppl vote. All active members will pick what they like the most. Then it's on MI to decide whether he's gonna change anything or leave it like it is.

Arguing about individual opinions is getting boring.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2016, 12:23 AM »
Ok, that's nonsense because Cups don't reflect real competition either, in Cups you cannot avoid, in Cups you can't noob bash, in Cups you aren't chasing impossible statistics, amongst other things.

Lol, just realized how bad I made the League look haha :D

Cups are technically more professional than the League, but waaaaaaay less players/amount of games, and are usually scheme specific, because of this you are restricted to only certain people/times you can play, which is why it takes so much activity from the League.

Why do people even bother with the Cups when they can play the exact same schemes in the actual Leagues?

If the Cups had like x100 more players and it was easier to organize games i'd probably vote to focus TuS on Cups, but they aren't and never will be, all they do is slowly kill Leagues, which is horrible in the longrun.

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2016, 03:33 AM »
Kill TEL and reset ranks, who's with me?

Yea why not, lets give it a go

Offline reN`s

• I am ren just ren the ren instantly ren

• Chile Chile
  • ICB ICB clan
  • rM rM community

• About it what do u want? Its just a game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2016, 04:22 AM »
Kill TEL and reset ranks, who's with me?

Yea why not, lets give it a go

lol why? tel is great ren love's tel! <3 <3 <3 <3

Offline reN`s

• I am ren just ren the ren instantly ren

• Chile Chile
  • ICB ICB clan
  • rM rM community

• About it what do u want? Its just a game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2016, 04:26 AM »
ae Asbest is crying for your stadistics xd see it MI :-\

00:23: pbc`Asbest`LR> "messege by Asbest, since he is muted from TUS for 2 years now. Why reset statitstics? Do you want to reset my statistcs and statstic by all players? i put so much effort to get this rank and points, and now you want to delete/remove/reset this all? You can also play with noobs, what a problem? Dont cry with no sense."

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2016, 05:06 AM »
haha @ assbeast crying about his "hard earned" points
btw, he was banned from these forums for a reason. Posting his messages here in such a way is basically like helping a villain.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2016, 05:22 AM »
What you think about those people avoiding or asking to play only for a scheme?

My 1st experience with TuS was doing BnG only, to be #1 in BnG standings, I did play other schemes too, but it's like 75% or more BnG.

^^ This is why I don't play singles now, my stats for overall were based on focusing on 1 scheme, to play all schemes equally feels like a completely different set of statistics and I won't ruin my focused stats this way.

If there was a reset and everything was saved into a Hall of Fame, then I could play all schemes together as a seperate effort.

I think it's ok to play choice schemes so long as they still play other schemes too, I see people like lalo, dibs, sbaffo, daina, lukz etc play only TTRR with each other like 10+ games in a row, there is nothing wrong with this because it's one of their favourite schemes and they play all other schemes often too, in this way I like it.

It's true that we're often playing ttrr, but i don't like the fact people can pick an opponent basing on his skills: i've had been asking tus for hours somedays just because basically some players refused to play with me. You may save some points, but it ain't fair for people like me. If i have to play,for example, against vok whom picks often default schemes i do that,and he does the same, you don't have to be afraid to lose certain points in a scheme you don't like. Get it?

Asbest what the f@#! are you doing here? I'm waiting you to tus with me. You flamed me as i didn't want to play you (since i was at school), what now? You're always the same drama queen, still don't get why mods let you be in this forum.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 05:27 AM by Sbaffo »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2016, 05:52 AM »
One thing I have observed, most of the topic discussion (typically related to change) here, never ends up anywhere. Sure there some Interesting ideas from time to time, but they are never put into practice, they simply fade away.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2016, 05:58 AM »
One thing I have observed, most of the topic discussion (typically related to change) here, never ends up anywhere. Sure there some Interesting ideas from time to time, but they are never put into practice, they simply fade away.

Instead of being as negative as you always are, i opened a topic to discuss about it, and we see a majority of people share the same thoughts, as this will end we're going to ask MI to do something about. I didn't open a topic for no reason and even if MI is the admin of this site, its league's players are askimg for changes as it has gotten repetitive and cheap as f@#!.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2016, 06:10 AM »

Instead of being as negative as you always are, i opened a topic to discuss about it, and we see a majority of people share the same thoughts, as this will end we're going to ask MI to do something about. I didn't open a topic for no reason and even if MI is the admin of this site, its league's players are askimg for changes as it has gotten repetitive and cheap as f@#!.

It is a sad fact of life, and I applaud your commitment.  I actually appreciate people that wants a change, but I feel like the desire for something new, never really comes through.
Who knows, maybe this won't end up as a discussion only, it can actually contribute for the intent of this very topic.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2016, 06:13 AM »

It is a sad fact of life, and I applaud your commitment.  I actually appreciate people that wants a change, but I feel like the desire for something new, never really comes through.
Who knows, maybe this won't end up as a discussion only, it can actually contribute for the intent of this very topic.

Besides your negativity, i don't want to be offensive but are you playing league as much as i do? If yes then,  you'd totally understand why i'm doing this
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 06:18 AM by Sbaffo »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2016, 06:31 AM »
I understand why you are doing this, that's why I said I appreciate it. I just hope something good comes out of it. I wouldn't mind partaking in a fresh league.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2016, 11:59 AM »
It's true that we're often playing ttrr, but i don't like the fact people can pick an opponent basing on his skills: i've had been asking tus for hours somedays just because basically some players refused to play with me. You may save some points, but it ain't fair for people like me.

While playing TuS I always picked BnG, most people actually picked BnG too because they thought it was some sort of huge achievement to beat me. I did play other schemes when other players picked them but I would always try to convince them to play more BnG :D

While it's true there were people I avoided from time to time knowing they would pick schemes that bored me, I challenged anyone openly and tried to play the best there was at the time.

In my case it wasn't so much as case as avoiding skilled players in fear of losing points, it was a case of the only thing I wanted to do was BnG, and that's what I did :)

If i have to play,for example, against vok whom picks often default schemes i do that,and he does the same, you don't have to be afraid to lose certain points in a scheme you don't like. Get it?

I was never afraid of losing points, at the time I was only interested in BnG and sometimes Roper, so didn't want to spend my time doing things I could avoid doing, such as the other 6 schemes :D