Forums
April 29, 2024, 04:21 PM

Poll

Which Big RR settings to use for Season 1 of 3 scheme league?

Official TUS Scheme.
4 (30.8%)
40s, LDET on, batty rope on.
5 (38.5%)
No chute, no LDET.
1 (7.7%)
40s, LDET off, batty rope on.
0 (0%)
30s turns, banana with 10s retreat time.
1 (7.7%)
40s, no chute, rubberworm on.
1 (7.7%)
40s, LDET on, no batty rope.
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: February 29, 2024, 07:38 AM

Author Topic: Which Big RR settings should we use for 1st Season of new 3 scheme league?  (Read 1175 times)

Offline TheKomodo

I've had a number of people DM me suggesting which scheme to use, with a number of people wanting different things!

So we're having a vote to decide what the majority wants!

Which scheme settings would you like to see used for Big RR in the upcoming season!

YOU CAN NOT CHANGE YOUR VOTE SO THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU VOTE!

YOU CAN NOT SEE THE VOTES UNTIL THE END OF THE VOTE TO PREVENT INFLUENCING VOTES!

Offline Kradie

I don't play much league but I could offer some of my thoughts.

40s, LDET on, batty rope on.
This will be all about speed. The fastest player would easily win just as they would in TTRR.

No chute, no LDET.
This will be all about consistency. Sure you can be fast if you want, but the risk of fail ''can'' be equal to both, depending on skill Imo.

But with all things. Even if something is difficult for a less skilled person, they must learn to overcome the obstacle.

Choose wisely of the options in the poll.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline h3oCharles

none of the above - 30s turn time + 10s retreat + automatic retreat

Offline Kaleu

none of the above - 30s turn time + 10s retreat + automatic retreat

Is there a significant change between this and 40s?
I think 40s is much better because it can also help to count the spare time for draws?
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline TheKomodo

And the winner is!

Good luck all! We'll have a vote for schemes and scheme settings etc for the next Season in a few weeks!

Offline Kradie

I voted ''No chute, no LDET.'' so I could see the results. This was before I could see the screenshot in this thread.

While this thread has served its purpose, I must add that I am surprised how easy people want things to be.

Offline TheKomodo

While this thread has served its purpose, I must add that I am surprised how easy people want things to be.

For starters, they are all easy. They are all equally as challenging.

I find ZaR boring because it's so easy to me to just be careful and not fall while being fast enough to beat 99% of players.

That's because I've had a lot of practise not falling in Ropers etc. Not because it's actually easier.

You are not playing against the scheme, you are playing against everyone else.

If everyone can now rope faster, it means you need to be able to rope faster, so the playing field is ALWAYS going to be the same.

So in reality Kradie, you aren't one of the fastest, so you're immediately lower on the food chain.

This will give you a chance to actually get faster and better, than just sticking to no chute where it's very restrictive.

They are all fun, challenging schemes in their own unique way.

Offline TheWalrus

I voted ''No chute, no LDET.'' so I could see the results. This was before I could see the screenshot in this thread.

could be that people just want variety, we already have highly punitive schemes in league like roper, where if you fall once you basically lose.  Big RR can be an extremely long scheme, with long turn times, where a win could be determined by something minute.  Also, it is further differentiated from ttrr, which you could always do if you wanted something “hard”.

Offline TheKomodo

Also, we're just waiting on MI setting up the League! It should be live soon!

Offline Kradie

I have never claimed I was the fastest but I am not regarded as a slow roper.

I think we will never see eye to eye on this though.

I believe you can be just as fast without parachute as you would with (If you Ignore parachute deployment techniques). You do not believe this. This is what I understand from YOU.

Additionally: When I changed BIG ZAR RR and added LDET to it, many people did not like it. They said it became easier and less hardcore. So there is an appetite for hardcore roping. Perhaps you do not see this because you are in a bubble, living as a spectator and as such you provide out of touch notions.

Offline Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
I have never liked Kraddie, this is no secret but I can admit he is one of the several actual really good ropers I have seen in this game AND being a good roper without actual cheats/scripts/macros/additional helps for roping/tapping, which others do have and use even until this day : ] So don't be shy Krad!

Offline TheKomodo

Kradie, you are slow compared to me, Sir-J, Masta, Mablak, Statik, Barman, Oijogja, SaltyK9, runaway, Micro, Shtaket, and others.

I didn't say you weren't good, but you're good in your own little world.

You're saying we're making it easier? I don't even need you to admit it because I already know the truth.

If you think it's so easy, try to beat everyone else.

And nobody is saying you CAN'T go as fast with or without parachute.

There is a difference between what's theoretically possible, and what limits people push themselves to within the safety parameters of the competitive environment they are engaged in.

The point is, people CAN push themselves harder in LDET because if you do fall, you can continue, but you STILL get punished for failure.

I really wish you could understand this truth, but actually not bothered if you don't, because pretty much every other logical human being with experience does.

Offline Kradie

Kradie, you are slow compared to me, Sir-J, Masta, Mablak, Statik, Barman, Oijogja, SaltyK9, runaway, Micro, Shtaket, and others.

I didn't say you weren't good, but you're good in your own little world.

You're saying we're making it easier? I don't even need you to admit it because I already know the truth.

If you think it's so easy, try to beat everyone else.

And nobody is saying you CAN'T go as fast with or without parachute.

There is a difference between what's theoretically possible, and what limits people push themselves to within the safety parameters of the competitive environment they are engaged in.

The point is, people CAN push themselves harder in LDET because if you do fall, you can continue, but you STILL get punished for failure.

I really wish you could understand this truth, but actually not bothered if you don't, because pretty much every other logical human being with experience does.

I have beaten Runaway, Blitzed, and at some occasion Micro in BIG RRz. They are great ropers without a doubt.

You are also very haughty and bashful. There is no need to patronize me, it is unbecoming. Look to Lupastic, we both never liked each other, and now he admits to it. But I give him some respect to recognize skill. He's skilled all around.

Look, I never cared for points, points do not define a person and their skills. I suggest you walk down from your high tower and mingle with the commoners.

It is your truth, nobody else.

I beat Sir-J easily in ZaR RR, but that's only because he can't play it like I and others do.

You can push yourself just as hard with ldet as you would without. Do you need diapers? :)

Offline TheKomodo

Kradie, what you are talking about, isn't the same thing I am talking about.

You lack the required education to understand this conversation. You don't even understand the difference between skillsets based on your comments.

I did not say you are not good, I did not say you cannot beat players who are better than you, I said you are slower than us.

Anyway, in any serious competitive event, regardless of the scheme, I'd bet on those players every time against you, they are just mountains ahead of you with skill, experience and logic.

That is not an insult, it's the truth.