Forums
April 28, 2024, 02:19 PM

Poll

Which Big RR settings to use for Season 1 of 3 scheme league?

Official TUS Scheme.
4 (30.8%)
40s, LDET on, batty rope on.
5 (38.5%)
No chute, no LDET.
1 (7.7%)
40s, LDET off, batty rope on.
0 (0%)
30s turns, banana with 10s retreat time.
1 (7.7%)
40s, no chute, rubberworm on.
1 (7.7%)
40s, LDET on, no batty rope.
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: February 29, 2024, 07:38 AM

Author Topic: Which Big RR settings should we use for 1st Season of new 3 scheme league?  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Sensei

Last time we played big rr, a week ago, Komo - you did 3 things:

1. Wrote how good you are
2. f@#!ed up most of your turns due to inconsistency
3. Quitted the game in the middle of it.

No wonder you want ldet. You even practice with that bouncy rubberworm thing. You seem to not get people do realise when you talk about yourself in superlatives with every chance you get. It's really getting out of the hand nowadays.

Offline TheKomodo

🤣

I wasn't even in the mood to play that lol.

It's not a case of can't it's a case of won't.

You know what happens when I focus on anything I actually want to do.

The point is each and every one of us has the potential to be the fastest or the most consistent when we focus on THAT skillset!

I've proved it time and time again and I am not special I'm a random nobody who knows the truth and uses it to achieve every one of my skills etc goals I've ever had in life!

You can all do the same, it's easy!

The ONLY challenge is actually knowing deep down in your heart what your current objective is, once that is clear, you WILL achieve it!

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
oh my god now i remember why i stopped playing this game
it was better when you could just chill with random players in the lobby and meet cool, interesting, and most importantly, humble people. you're just a bunch of conflictive and narcissistic fossils now
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline TheKomodo

oh my god now i remember why i stopped playing this game
it was better when you could just chill with random players in the lobby and meet cool, interesting, and most importantly, humble people. you're just a bunch of conflictive and narcissistic fossils now

I'm the one telling everyone I am not more important than everyone else.

I am the one that admits everything I know, was taught by everyone else.

I am the one willing to help ANYONE improve themselves.

I am the one giving time and money trying to make this a nice, friendly place to compete! (Had to edit this, because there ARE others! We're a team!)

I understand that there is no such thing as an independant person, we ALL need love and support.

So I really hope your comment isn't aimed at me, especially when you're doing the very damn thing you just said everyone else is doing.

WE achieve everything together, not I alone.

Offline Kradie

I never said I was the best but not the person who used the phrase ''lower on the food chain.''. This sort of phrase is often used by people who love to elevate themselves above others as arbiter of truth. Perhaps a classic narcissistic trait. Additionally, I am not a person who sits inside a box. I am the person who sees the person yelling inside the box.

I would like to add again in general, that everyone is different. With this acknowledgement, not everything can come easy for everyone. Not everyone can learn as fast, or even capable of learning a particular skill set. Not everyone aren't like Will Hunting, from the movie Good Will Hunting, not everybody can be. Obviously, if you find something fun it is easy, but it can also be difficult in a fun way. THIS is what Komodo does not understand. Everybody in KOMODO'S head can be Einstein. It is absurd. This is the top of naivety imo. IF someone else with same mindset as Komodo, please come forth and elaborate on ''Why EVERYTHING in life is easy to learn, and do''.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKomodo

I never said I was the best but not the person who used the phrase ''lower on the food chain.''. This sort of phrase is often used by people who love to elevate themselves above others as arbiter of truth.

What do you want me to say? Would you like me to lie and say you're better than everyone else at roping? Or would you like me to tell the truth that you are lower on the food chain as in the context with LDET on you would rank lower than usual because you're more used to consistency rather than speed...

You lose to players who are better than you, you beat players you are better than, are you trying to deny this???

We have statistics and evidence to prove it! That YOU yourself contributed to!

Even when I say OVER AND OVER AND OVER again that my purest belief is that NOBODY is any more important than anyone else... Everything in the universe is equally important... You still come here and say things like I think I'm better than everyone else...

I don't think I'm better than anyone else, I know for a fact I'm better at some things and worse at other things than other people at different points in life!

BECAUSE NOBODY CAN EVER DO THE SAME THING AT THE SAME TIME!

Like, how is this not common knowledge for every human being?

Really...

Offline Kradie

What do you want me to say? Would you like me to lie and say you're better than everyone else at roping? Or would you like me to tell the truth that you are lower on the food chain as in the context with LDET on you would rank lower than usual because you're more used to consistency rather than speed...

You lose to players who are better than you, you beat players you are better than, are you trying to deny this???

We have statistics and evidence to prove it! That YOU yourself contributed to!

Even when I say OVER AND OVER AND OVER again that my purest belief is that NOBODY is any more important than anyone else... Everything in the universe is equally important... You still come here and say things like I think I'm better than everyone else...

I don't think I'm better than anyone else, I know for a fact I'm better at some things and worse at other things than other people at different points in life!

BECAUSE NOBODY CAN EVER DO THE SAME THING AT THE SAME TIME!

Like, how is this not common knowledge for every human being?

Really...

I am just saying that from my own experience, that I can achieve same rope speed with LDET as I would without.. But it is obvious, if you fail without ldet and parachute, you will be left behind, and beaten by the consistent and sometime slower player. But if you do not fail, and go super fast, that is Impressive of its own.

I am not trying to deny anything.

I never said I was better than anyone else. If I gave off such Impression then that's my mistake.

We all have things we are good and bad at yes.

Is there nothing we can agree on? Do you even understand what I am trying to say to YOU?

Offline TheKomodo

I am just saying that from my own experience, that I can achieve same rope speed with LDET as I would without.. But it is obvious, if you fail without ldet and parachute, you will be left behind, and beaten by the consistent and sometime slower player. But if you do not fail, and go super fast, that is Impressive of its own.

Like I said before, what you CAN do and what you actually do are two different things.

I've seen you literally do exactly that!

I've seen you rope in ZaR schemes, Roper/Big RR/TTRR and I've seen you rope in Cups with LDET on and you definitely rope a bit faster and braver with LDET on.

If someone made it worth my time, I'd literally make a video and showcase this side by side, though I don't need to because most people already know this.

The only thing I had a problem with what you said first is you making a very false claim that we want to make everything easier.

Everybody knows that roping as fast as humanly possible with no parachute, no LDET without falling, is obviously more impressive and skill based in itself, when competing against YOURSELF.

What you seem to be completely unaware of is people push the limits based on the safety parameters of the environment they are part of especially when it's a recorded statistical game comparing everyone against everyone else!

Sometimes I genuinely think you don't actually read what people say, like, what they write and what you see are two completely different things... Like you read what you want to read not what is actually written.

The whole point is in ZaR you focus more on not falling, so you generally don't push yourself faster because you know how severe the punishment is!

In this scheme that won the majority vote, people can push harder knowing that even if they hit the roof, they will still be able to continue their turn.

It might be easier for some, it might be more challenging for others, but both schemes have an impossibly high human skill ceiling because we will NEVER be as good as Tool Assist.

Do you understand now?

Offline Kradie

The only thing I had a problem with what you said first is you making a very false claim that we want to make everything easier.
I met people who have said that LDET is for warmer. Do you want to play Warmer without ldet? Because I always have. Everything now is made ''easier'' with less punishment. Now, there is nothing wrong with this, to make things easier and more convenient. But there are people who prefer there are some consequences to their fail. If soeciety makes everything easy, then there is little to learn, there is no satisfaction, everything is given to you without effort.

I've seen you rope in ZaR schemes, Roper/Big RR/TTRR and I've seen you rope in Cups with LDET on and you definitely rope a bit faster and braver with LDET on.
Here's an Interesting analogy for you. When you play competitively, your state of mind is changed. To my personal experience, my speed in rope games are Indeed effected by this. It doesn't matter what rope schemes I play, I must adapt to new play style. I think most people play differently in funner compared to competitive. It is all about adaptability and state of mind. So technically competitive is equivalent to ZaR Roper and RR. Anyone can adapt to these parameters if it lies within their nature and desire. But since it is not my desire, and nature to play competitively like some of you do, it is not for me. Just as many people don't play football but rather watch it. But can these spectators of football play football? Of course, but not at professional level. But you could be wondering now ''Why can't you play competitively but play without ldet and parachute?'' Because it lies within my nature, and what I like. When new people play without LDET and parachute, they have a lot to lose as they would in competitively. That's why for some people it is difficult to adapt to something new when they are used to something they have already learned.

Everybody knows that roping as fast as humanly possible with no parachute, no LDET without falling, is obviously more impressive and skill based in itself, when competing against YOURSELF.
Sure that's great and all, but it takes gut to push yourself to the edge of your ability when you go against another foe.

Sometimes I genuinely think you don't actually read what people say, like, what they write and what you see are two completely different things... Like you read what you want to read not what is actually written.
I can say the same about you.

In this scheme that won the majority vote, people can push harder knowing that even if they hit the roof, they will still be able to continue their turn.
Of course you will be able to continue after you bonk and fail here and there. You get to push yourself to do better at that moment, of course I understand that. But I have always said, without fails, you can be just as fast. Which is something I understand YOU do not agree on.

I do understand your overall points, but a lot of your points are gnawing at me. You believe in YOUR truth and I believe in my truth. You will make your truth the absolute truth without leaning back to reflect 'What if..''.

Offline TheKomodo

Kradie, do you do absolutely everything in life to the max?

Do you walk as fast as you can? Do you drive without seatbelts? Do you have sex without condoms?

Would you play American football against the biggest, toughest men on earth without protective gear?

I could give you literally thousands of examples.

The answer is obviously, no to most if not every single one.

And the other answer is also no, you don't understand the point I'm making.

This is the only pure advice I will ever give you so you can improve as a human and expand your mind.

Stop being selfish, stop living in your own bubble, or you will be isolated forever.

I gave you a chance, you never learn, so back to ignoring you until you get better.

Offline Kradie

Kradie, do you do absolutely everything in life to the max?

Do you walk as fast as you can? Do you drive without seatbelts? Do you have sex without condoms?

Would you play American football against the biggest, toughest men on earth without protective gear?

I could give you literally thousands of examples.

The answer is obviously, no to most if not every single one.

And the other answer is also no, you don't understand the point I'm making.

This is the only pure advice I will ever give you so you can improve as a human and expand your mind.

Stop being selfish, stop living in your own bubble, or you will be isolated forever.

I gave you a chance, you never learn, so back to ignoring you until you get better.

Your post made me laugh so hard! Great! Thank you  :D :D :D :D

But yeah, we both gave each other a chance. That's about it. Good luck man.

Offline TheKomodo

The biggest issue this community has ever had is everyone being selfish.

Trust me, I was one of the most selfish 10 years ago.

We have SO much variety and so much opinion on what is "best".

The whole point of this is to accept variety in an organised fashion so we can unite and enjoy a bit of everything.

We need to accept we don't always get what we want, but we WILL all get what we want at different points in life if we work together and share and compromise.

We will not continue to exist if we cannot coexist.

That's a fact.

Offline Kradie

The biggest issue this community has ever had is everyone being selfish.

Trust me, I was one of the most selfish 10 years ago.

We have SO much variety and so much opinion on what is "best".

The whole point of this is to accept variety in an organised fashion so we can unite and enjoy a bit of everything.

We need to accept we don't always get what we want, but we WILL all get what we want at different points in life if we work together and share and compromise.

We will not continue to exist if we cannot coexist.

That's a fact.
Just because people have different opinion that of your own, does not make them selfish. It does not Invalidate their opinion. Perhaps you're Itching now to say that you know the truth better? You come across as conceited now.

You got your wish with this thread, and people have chosen, I'm glad. I just happened to comment on it and you took it too far.

LDET option is the easiest, and that's my opinion. I believe this adamantly because of my own experience here on WA. I have heard people come to me and said ''ZaR has made me a better roper''. ''ZaR is harder, but more fun'', and ''LDET is easier''.
Your experience might be different because I think you associate yourself with different crowd. How often do you even sign on to Wormnet, and host and play with the commoner? Not often to my observation. You sit far above everybody else and judge everyone. Maybe YOU should start to coexist with everyone here, at the lower end of the food chain.

Does harder scheme mean it is ''the'' best option? This is subjective and entirely based on the player.

Offline TheKomodo

Practising anything, makes you better at that thing.

Whatever you enjoy most, will be the easiest in this context.

If you play only ZaR, you will become comfortable with it, then if you play LDET you will be slower than the rest.

And vice versa.

If someone plays them all, more than others, they will probably be better allround at those things on average than everyone else.

This is a fact, you cannot lie to the entire universe, only yourself and those who unfortunately believe you.

Edit -

I can't do what I just said I'd do because it's selfish.

As much as it frustrates me, I have to ignore this thread, and let people make their own mind up.

So I'll leave you with this!

Good luck and have fun!