Forums
May 20, 2024, 12:35 PM

Author Topic: Winning Streaks  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Ray

Winning Streaks
« on: January 29, 2010, 06:39 PM »
Two things:

On the Standings Table, I think there should be no number for the Streaks. It Should work like this: if a player wins 5 or maybe 10 games in a row, an image appears, which shows that he is "warm". Same for losing, but with "cold". Maybe there should be different images for "warm", "very warm", "totally warm" with different numbers and like more representative images. They don't necesarilly have to be named like that. :P

But the numbers are just confusing, too much data.

Other thing: I think that there is a little "bug" in the Streaks. For example, if a player wins his last 4 games in a season, and then wins the first 2 in the following season, then he has won 6 games in a row. But the season stats show only 2, which is not a problem by itself, but in overall, the 6 is the best winning streak, not 4.

Re: Winning Streaks
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 06:55 PM »
On the Standings Table, I think there should be no number for the Streaks. It Should work like this: if a player wins 5 or maybe 10 games in a row, an image appears, which shows that he is "warm". Same for losing, but with "cold". Maybe there should be different images for "warm", "very warm", "totally warm" with different numbers and like more representative images. They don't necesarilly have to be named like that. :P

I wish it will stay how it's now. Showing numbers instead of images is more precise also more professional. I saw Crash had 30+ winning streak. This really impressed me and we would need plenty of images to show that huge streak which doesn't make sense for me.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 07:17 PM »
Other thing: I think that there is a little "bug" in the Streaks. For example, if a player wins his last 4 games in a season, and then wins the first 2 in the following season, then he has won 6 games in a row. But the season stats show only 2, which is not a problem by itself, but in overall, the 6 is the best winning streak, not 4.

Where it wasn't like that?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 07:46 PM »
I never saw even one example of that. When I was checking profiles, I was checking if there is any case where the overall best number of streaks is better than the ones for each season, but it always looked like the overall best is selected by selecting the biggest number of the seasons. Don't tell me there in noone who started a season with winning at least a game...

Offline ZiPpO

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 12:00 PM »
n idea ray!

Offline Random00

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 12:36 PM »
I have to agree with Dulek. I also like it much more like it is at the moment :)

Offline Rok

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 01:33 PM »
I like to see numbers for streaks, too. What do images of hot/cold tell you? Nothing, IMO, apart from the fact that somebody won/lost few games in a row, but how many? And for me personally, it brings back the memory of XTC and wA standings tables, yuck, hehehe. :evil:
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline chakkman

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 08:16 PM »
We came to write numbers, not to paint pictures ;).

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 09:02 PM »
I dont think it should show streaks at all. All it does is breed avoiding and people picking there spots to try to get streaks.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline nino

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 02:58 AM »
i didnot read the idea but seems to be great. xD
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Random00

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 03:11 AM »
I dont think it should show streaks at all. All it does is breed avoiding and people picking there spots to try to get streaks.

someone avoiding games against people just because of the streak is a retard lol. A winning streak >20 is nothing to be proud of unless you also played against the top players imo.

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 04:18 AM »
indeed ^
worm and learn

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 04:36 AM »

someone avoiding games against people just because of the streak is a retard lol. A winning streak >20 is nothing to be proud of unless you also played against the top players imo.

Thats obvious, but its still going to happen and is still a problem.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 04:45 PM »
Would even motivate people to end a strike imo :). Btw, avoding does not seem to be a big thing anymore... it somehow almost stopped lately, i dont know why. (At least its not much to be heard of anymore)

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 07:54 PM »
If a big deal is made out of streaks and special things for streaks, believe me from experience, it will be a problem.