Forums
May 05, 2024, 10:01 AM

Author Topic: WxW TuS Scheme  (Read 3412 times)

Offline Flori

WxW TuS Scheme
« on: December 29, 2008, 10:10 PM »
Well I think the tus wxw scheme is not really good.
I post here to know what players think about it (if they like it or not).
I would like to propose an other wxw scheme but i don't remember the wxw creator's name, if someone could tell me.
After that I will make a new one, and you will tell me which is the best to the league.

If everyone think the currently scheme is correct, so I shut up and we continue to play on it :D

To help the league,
Flori :D

Offline Ray

Re: WxW TuS Scheme
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 11:08 PM »
I did not really take a look at the scheme yet, but lets see...

Offline Flori

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 11:37 PM »
Finally i found the scheme editor : HERE
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 11:46 PM by Flori »

Offline Flori

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 12:02 AM »
Ok, i've done the scheme.

What i've changed ?
- Bazooka is now unlimited, and can't be found on crates
- No uzi
- No Petrol Bomb
- Start with 200 hps (change rules with 3 worms each team, and 2 worms in 2v2 or 3v3)
That's all

I've not changed a lot of things but, I think bazooka unlimited is a must, because it can help a lot, and it can do the difference with some good shots against some bad shots.
Then, uzi and petrol bomb are not good weapons, and I think take then off is better because players can't have find it on crates and have shit weaps (whereas their opponents find good weapons).
I prefer 200 hps and 3 worms in start cause the battke axe become less good, and it's harder to kill 1 worm, whereas with 4 worms u can be easily at 3v4, and have so disadvantage.

I would like people try my scheme, and then post there to tell their opinion and to know if we will change or not the scheme.

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 12:04 AM »
yeah flori its probably not the only scheme that could use a few adjustments, ty

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 11:09 AM »
As long as there is no cows or nanas the scheme isnt to overpowerd.  8) But perhaps a good idea would to give players a equal weopenry and have health crates instead of weopen crates as in roper. Than there is less luck involved

Offline Flori

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 04:16 PM »
You wanna say for example at start all the players have 2 dynas, 2 sheeps, 3 grenades etc ?
It could be an idea... but it changes completly the wxw.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 04:24 PM »
yea, That's not shopper though.

If you remove "roping" from it, It will become more like elite or normal.

@flori,
Use scheme edit page, send the changed lines in WxW.
I'll ask you to send the scheme file later too.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Face

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 05:55 PM »
Lol, originally wxw was shopper, and is, and will always be. Just like flyshoppa, it's shopper with 1 requirement more - touching walls in this case. And yeah, petrol is pretty useful.

Offline Flori

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 07:04 PM »
Petrol is only useful in some kind of map.
Maybe i should let him on scheme, but with only 3 chance and not 5 to have it.

Offline Rok

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 07:22 PM »
I would like to propose an other wxw scheme but i don't remember the wxw creator's name, if someone could tell me.

It was me.

My points of view:

- Like Face said, petrol is useful enough to stay in the scheme.
- Uzi can make 50 hp damage, which is > bazooka. But yeah, it isn't all that useful, so i don't mind throwing it out.
- about infinite zookas; i think playing without them forces players to play better and make less mistakes.
   (example: shooting a zook to gain extra 10 seconds after u fell three times in that turn, which allowes u to hide back or pile again).

I prefer 200 hps and 3 worms in start cause the battke axe become less good, and it's harder to kill 1 worm, whereas with 4 worms u can be easily at 3v4, and have so disadvantage.

No the other hand, if ur opponent plops ur worm luckily, that makes less of an impact when playing with 4 worms.

PS. Not many ppl actualy use tus scheme. Does it matter then?  :P
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 07:24 PM by Rok »
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline f4st

• Spain Spain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 08:13 PM »
Scheme can be good or bad (i played some games and 1st 3 cr8s was Bow,Uzi and Shotgun, too many nonrope weapons i think ;)) but a league scheme cannot use UNL bazooka, the game consists in getting weapons from cr8s, if u have bazooka why u want weapon cr8s? Put health cr8s ;)
Anyway normally i use FTM scheme :b
But never UNL bazooka (_O_)
STAxDoubletime> My english is better than youre's

Offline Flori

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 08:47 PM »
- Like Face said, petrol is useful enough to stay in the scheme.
- Uzi can make 50 hp damage, which is > bazooka. But yeah, it isn't all that useful, so i don't mind throwing it out.
- about infinite zookas; i think playing without them forces players to play better and make less mistakes.
   (example: shooting a zook to gain extra 10 seconds after u fell three times in that turn, which allowes u to hide back or pile again).

Well so i can add petrol bomb again on scheme
About uzi, there is already the same damaga weapon (and a non rope too) the shotgun. I don't see why we should have twice the same weap, whereas wxw is a rope scheme, and we need to sit to attack with that.
I think the less non rope weap is the better and have uzi + shotgun is not usefun. Only 1 of them both is useful

About infinite zooka, i think it's rly important, cauz like you said, when u fall u can use it to go hide after.
Then, like in w3w kevin04 maps, there is 2 hides in top left, top right and middle. If your opponent sit there, and u have only non rope weap, u can't rly attack him, and u can't hide too (cauz u attack with no rope)
With zooka unkimited, u can show ur nice shots, and u can do fall damage etc... It's really better.
On hard maps it's sometimes hard to site and attack with non rope weapons, with zooka you can attack all the round with "AFR".

Let's see :
on Currently wxw scheme there is
- 7 no rope weapons (battle axe, shotgun, uzi, minigun, longbow, baseball bat, flame thrower, petrol bomb)
- 10 "AFR" weapons (bazooka, homing missile, sheep launcher, grenade, cluster, dyanmite, mine, sheep, oldwoman)

Battle axe, minigun, flame thrower are the best no rope weap
Uzi, shotgun, baseball bat, longbow, petrol bomb are not good but useful.
Maybe me can take off longbow and uzi ? uzi cause it's same as shotgun, and longbow is same as shotgun too but less good

Then i think shotgun, baseball bat, petrol bomb and cluster bomb should be find less often than all others weaps (like on 153 crates instead of 255 = 3/5)
There is no pneumatic drill to on scheme

I've done this scheme, it can be load on attach things.

Offline Ray

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 01:01 AM »
a league scheme cannot use UNL bazooka, the game consists in getting weapons from cr8s
agreed

Offline pr

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 10:28 PM »
zook should be unlimited imo. u get only no rope weapons, ur opponent gets only rope weapons.
he is hidden on top and u can't do anything. gg.

bow should be out definitely. cuz: 1: sg replaces bow, 2: causes blocks with arrows
minigun should be out cuz too lucky weapon
flamethrower : dunno. this shit can make great damage. i'd made this out too.

and petrol ftw.