Forums
May 09, 2024, 05:31 AM

Author Topic: Minimum game requirement  (Read 1709 times)

Offline franz

Re: Minimum game requirement
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 12:32 AM »
good, discussion on this is healthy I think.

from what I saw: no, the pace of games at the start of the season was big, but already by that post's time it had trailed off substantially to where it is now. so if you really want to look deep into it to prove your point, I'd start there. still, I'd argue if anything, those interested to squeeze in would be playing more to compete for a spot, not less.

alternatively, I'd still like to see some long term activity-based solution that could go off total games played, whether that be higher than the 20 minimum asked here, or not. as long as there's that rule in place that makes it clear a Top4 (or Top2) could do a playoff if not enough qualified to have a Top8 playoff. (so if it was 35 minimum right now by current activity level, only Devilage/Lukz would qualify and have a Top2 playoff)

simply putting a static/high minimum without a rule like above I argue is even more discouraging after the initial rush at the beginning of seasons because many wouldn't see any point to continue playing if 8 don't qualify.

and again alternatively, we could just continue revisiting this topic late in season's to figure out the best minimum, and maybe shoot higher if we want to aim for a Top4 or like you say, encourage more playing up to Top8.

Offline Ray

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 06:37 PM »
What is the current minimum amount of games to qualify for the singles Playoffs for TEL?

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 06:51 PM »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.