Forums
May 09, 2024, 04:02 PM

Author Topic: Minimum game requirement  (Read 1710 times)

Offline franz

Minimum game requirement
« on: October 27, 2012, 04:53 PM »
Can we get this lowered? or at least be activity dependent?

TEL: 20 games  (8 players would already be highlighted by now, with one third of the season left)
TRL: 20 games  (3 players could be highlighted, with two thirds of the season left)
HAL: 20 games  (4 players could be highlighted, with two thirds of the season left)

And also have a rule in place that makes it clear a Top4 could do a playoff if not enough qualified to have a Top8 playoff. (maybe even just a Top2 if absolutely necessary)

Re: Minimum game requirement
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 04:57 PM »
trl kaos have to be played bo3, its much harder to get 20 games compare to ttrr or hyst

Offline franz

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 05:02 PM »
right, "or at least be activity dependent?"

so for TRL kaos, even going down to 10 'games' with bo3 could actually mean 20-30 games were played

Online Peja

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 05:28 PM »
20 is a f@#!ing joke imo. each league takes about 2 months. a game is about 20 min. so you do you really think a effort of 200 min each month should be rewarded with a playoffspot? if someone wanna reach playoffs he should be able to do something for it. its not really hard to save 1 hour each day for a league game.(ofc kaos is excluded)
if you lower down the minumum it will be even easier for people to abuse system like gabriel did here: https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/TRL-standings/?s=8

VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline franz

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 05:39 PM »
well if the minimum stays 50 games, then at least have the last part from my post:

"have a rule in place that makes it clear a Top4 could do a playoff if not enough qualified to have a Top8 playoff. (maybe even just a Top2 if absolutely necessary)"

Offline TheWalrus

Offline SPW

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 01:51 PM »
I agree to franz' idea with 20 games. Quality > Quantity.

And also drop the amount of games against same opponent on 3 each season.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 06:48 PM »
mm you should see first wich league is more played, for example i see that hal is a lot played so you put something like 40 or 30 games

Offline franz

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 08:07 PM »
right, again it's one of the possibilities I mentioned: "at least be activity dependent?"

just one minimum game requirement that fits all and never changes due to activity is bad.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 08:38 PM »
See how does it look franz.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 08:45 PM »
20 is definitely too few, I'd say 30/40. Actually 35 seems to be a perfect amount with the current activity.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 08:55 PM by van »

Offline franz

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 09:11 PM »
20 is definitely too few, I'd say 30/40. Actually 35 seems to be a perfect amount with the current activity.

It looks good MI for now :) but again, a long term solution would be best to account for varying activity levels. (or should we really want to go on like this, just asking for different minimum counts in the middle of every season?)

here's a rough draft idea using total games played from Seasons Information:

150-700 total games could = 20 game minimum
700-???  = 30?
etc

Offline Devilage

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 02:42 AM »
I think 35 as van said!

Smoking proud.

Offline Devilage

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 11:16 PM »
20 games? srsly? that brought the activity of tel down since u made the 8 players getting into the po's.

Smoking proud.