Forums
May 15, 2024, 06:58 AM

Author Topic: Season 26 playoffs  (Read 7866 times)

Offline Almog

Re: Season 26 playoffs
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2012, 07:34 AM »
what was the hurry to play on mm's Saturday time with short notice?

"so far ckc delay on mm's pick and risks being kicked out"

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2012, 11:07 AM »
This is sad to see...

mm, you had a situation where cfc stopped mid way through the playoffs and you weren't too happy with the situation, i can understand why CKC is upset that you wanted a break to warm for the rr.. You don't really do that throughout a playoff session and Dub-c is right in saying if we knew all games weren't going to be finished, then maybe CKC would of gone and warmed before the bng.

What a mess..  :o

Offline franz

« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2012, 04:25 PM »
what was the hurry to play on mm's Saturday time with short notice?

"so far ckc delay on mm's pick and risks being kicked out"

I say this even in the first week when there's 3.5 weeks left (you still had 2.5 weeks left), and I also posted twice that you should try and agree on a time with at least 2 days notice.  You even offered next Sunday 15th at 20:00 GMT, so you can imagine my surprise when 3 hours later, three games had already been played.

It's unfortunate how all this played out.  I feel that if there had been more of an agreement on both sides on when to play, this warmup issue wouldn't have even come up.  I hope both sides can recognize this and see that this was just an unfortunate set of circumstances, and to move forward and perhaps learn from all this.

Offline Almog

« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2012, 06:18 PM »
no i'm not gonna play them, it's chicken's decision but if it were up to me I'd say give them a penalty or give them the win

« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2012, 08:41 PM »
I hardly think warming for 10 minutes, during which CKC could've warmed as well, is much of an interruption of playoffs. I hadn't wormed for 4 days, and I had a cold, it's not surprising that I would want the bare minimum of warmth. And I also thought CKC had been warming while we played the previous games. The fact that people are allowed warm during games destroys the argument that it's unfair to warm while playoffs are underway. Maybe you can make an argument that it's a waste of time to do this between rounds, but 10 minutes is not very long.

I probably could've told you at the start that we might not get to the RR, but I wasn't really thinking about it. But there's no reason to expect that all the playoff games have to be played in one sitting, we never agreed to that. The issue here is people's expectations, but really, playoffs often don't get finished in one sitting, it's not that unexpected.

« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2012, 08:49 PM »
And once again mm and CKC, let's arrange a time to play the remaining 1-2 games. 20 GMT any day works for me. If it's this next weekend, we'll need stat, shy, or dibz to be able to RR.

« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2012, 09:11 PM »
I really can't play anything, my lags have only gotten worse.  I suppose I could install worms on one of my desktops, but it might take some days to get used to
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2012, 04:40 AM »
sock I'm home for the next 7-8 days. When can you play?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline sock

« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2012, 04:43 AM »
i can play now or within next 24 hours if you can let me know

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2012, 05:45 AM »
Let's play at 10 GMT?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline sock

« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2012, 05:54 AM »

is that 3 hours from now?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 06:04 AM by sock »

Offline fr4nk

« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2012, 02:08 PM »
Any news about Random-Dub?

[15:52:06] [avirex`mm] worms is not my life, u f@#!ing loser

Offline Random00

« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2012, 04:08 PM »
Forgot to metion that Dub-c messaged me on MSN 3 or 4 days ago saying:
I just wanted to tell you I won't be able to play our playoff games. I apologize for this.

that's why we didnt play our games yesterday as it was planned ;s

Offline fr4nk

« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2012, 04:22 PM »
So we have to play right?

[15:52:06] [avirex`mm] worms is not my life, u f@#!ing loser

Offline angus

« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2012, 12:48 AM »
Frank.... A warned bro.....